Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Nope. This is not that sort of thing.
OK.
Here is the story. I think Orangeyes had a hand in this one.
I was in town in October for homecoming weekend, and alumni club president meetings. I had made plans to meet Dan's son, Tomcat, and Cherie after the game since I could not go to the Fine tailgate since I had Alumni club President commitments. We all met in Fine lot after the football game. Then I rushed over to Goldstein where the alumni club Pres. were having a final cocktail party. As I was walking past Newhouse, Mike Hopkins came out and was with what I thought at the time were maybe 2 of the players. It was blustery and cold and they were a little bundled up. I started to walk past Mike, and then turned and said," Mike Hopkins"? He turned and said "yes"? I said" I just came from meeting with Dan Johnson's son. I was suppose to get together with Dan when I was here but unfortunately we know that was not meant to be. I also have a son who suffers greatly from crohn's disease. I have to say what you did with visiting Dan in the hospital all summer and making him feel so special during his final days was just great. I only hope if my son ever ends up that ill that someone as special as you comes along and takes the same special interest in him that you did with Dan." Mike thanked me, and we went our separate ways. I had a feeling at the end of the conversation that it was a recruit and a father who was standing there. The father looked incredibly impressed by what I had just said. That is what made me realize it was a parent and recruit when I noticed the look on his face. Later I read that the Battles had been in town and that Hopkins had given them a tour of Newhouse. When I saw the pictures I knew that is who was standing there. Totally innocent, but seriously could not have happened any better than that.

Ok. I had to bring this up again...And then tomcat replied I hope Tyus thinks about it...Well I think he and more so his father thought about it, and decided that Tyus had to be around this special person at SU. He decommiedt from UMich on the anniversary of Orangeyes surgery. I really and honestly think this story had a hand in this. Besides the distance from home, etc. When I am in town in October, someone has to get me together with Mike Hopkins and I want to ask him if he remembers this and what was the Battles reaction after we walked away!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom