Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Chip, chip chip chip!

Next up is the Non Public South A tourney
Watch out for Christian Brothers and St. Augustine. Christian Brothers has Lehigh bound Pat Andree, very crafty, unconventional 4 who can take a guy out on the perimeter. Shoots, handles, etc. Saw a few games this year and he can play.

I think after that there are 1 or 2 more Non Public tourneys then onto the TOC. I'll get it right one year. ;)

Chip, chip chip chip!

Next up is the Non Public South A tourney
Watch out for Christian Brothers and St. Augustine. Christian Brothers has Lehigh bound Pat Andree, very crafty, unconventional 4 who can take a guy out on the perimeter. Shoots, handles, etc. Saw a few games this year and he can play.

I think after that there are 1 or 2 more Non Public tourneys then onto the TOC. I'll get it right one year. ;)
If they win their Non Public bracket, then it's off to the TOC, against the other state tourney bracket winners.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/pg-tyus-battle-nj-signed-loi.30768/page-166#post-1653297
I broke down some of the Non Public brackets in the link above.

Box
TB with 11 points and 6 rebounds. Alonzo Frink had the career day with 25 points.
Onto the tougher tourneys, but I think they will win this next one anyway, the Non Public South A. Only two teams could stand in their way.

Box
TB with 11 points and 6 rebounds. Alonzo Frink had the career day with 25 points.
Onto the tougher tourneys, but I think they will win this next one anyway, the Non Public South A. Only two teams could stand in their way.
Is there a concern out there that Battle isn't aggressive or (dare-I-say) selfish enough? When I watch these St. Joseph games I feel like Battle could just dominate at will but he rarely does. Just thinking out loud here.

Is there a concern out there that Battle isn't aggressive or (dare-I-say) selfish enough? When I watch these St. Joseph games I feel like Battle could just dominate at will but he rarely does. Just thinking out loud here.
Is he bored?

Last year, there was concern that Malachi might not be as good as advertised. The step-up to D-I competition got him going.

I haven't seen the potential bored factor from Battle in the couple of games I've watched. He usually looks quite aggressive and a high energy guy. The teammate of his going to Ole Miss usually playing PG is a high volume shooter so maybe Battle doesn't get the ball enough but he does a lot of good things on the court.

Not based upon the games I've watched. Instead, what I would say is that St. Joe's has a group of D1 caliber prospects, many of whom look to shoot / score. As SoBe mentions above, their other guard is a gunner. So Battle is the top player, but he's a guy who can fit into the offensive concept without having to dominate the ball. He'll probably do better in a more structured offense, frankly.

When I saw him play against that nationally ranked team from Utah, it was actually frustrating to see St. Joe's down two, and then to have random guys jacking up shots every possession over the last few minutes of the game, when the team should have looked for Battle to get the ball and make something happen in crunch time. Please note that Battle doesn't shy away from the ball/ shooting, just that it is tough to shoot when the offense makes one pass and then the shot goes up.

Not based upon the games I've watched. Instead, what I would say is that St. Joe's has a group of D1 caliber prospects, many of whom look to shoot / score. As SoBe mentions above, their other guard is a gunner. So Battle is the top player, but he's a guy who can fit into the offensive concept without having to dominate the ball. He'll probably do better in a more structured offense, frankly.

When I saw him play against that nationally ranked team from Utah, it was actually frustrating to see St. Joe's down two, and then to have random guys jacking up shots every possession over the last few minutes of the game, when the team should have looked for Battle to get the ball and make something happen in crunch time. Please note that Battle doesn't shy away from the ball/ shooting, just that it is tough to shoot when the offense makes one pass and then the shot goes up.
Its fun to see us fans speculate on a kid like TB. I see some hoping for him to have the impact of Carmelo next year; others have said they expect him to struggle next year, ie not much impact. For me , when i watch him he looks slightly ahead of Malachi at the same point in their sr years. Imo Mal was a better shooter , you could argue had a little more strength. But TB looks to be the better overall player at same point in their career. If TB is as good next yr, or who knows maybe slightly better than Mal as a freshman, SU should be in very good shape...

Fios has anything on deck?
It's strange. They have been terrible past two years, miss out on the really competitive elite games, but they usually air the next few brackets a week or so after the game, so I should get a couple of 'delayed' looks. But will look out in case they do show them live.
To follow up Francis03 indeed as I suspected...they replay semis that had either RC or Patrick school today, but not showing tonight's final. So basically, they are a few days behind the times and probably add to on demand. Just a matter of me catching the replays as they come out or on demand. Should be good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom