Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Next up is the finals of the South B and Chip #2

Very tough final as they draw St Augustine, the NJ experts pick to win the South B and for good reason. 28-1 and their only loss is to St. Anthony. Watch out for big man Justyn Mutts and their guard Nelson. They just throttled Christian Brothers and although expected to win, 33 point win against that team is very impressive.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/tournament/49112/
Final is March 10th, 5pm. Might be streamed or at least live updates I would imagine.

I'm no scout and usually leave these types of posts to our resident experts. And maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment but I have extremely high expectations for Battle.

Jake said recently he'll spend most of his time at the 3 next year but I imagine it will be how Boeheim describes Dave Bing in his book - he'll be listed a 3 but he'll play it similar to how Lebron plays the 3. A true point forward.

This kid looks to have the full gamut of skills. Despite being big and strong he's fast and can jump through the roof. Seems to have decent enough ball-handling that enables him to penetrate to the basket at will. Passes well. Perfect shooting form.

You can never predict a player's future and I have no idea how he'll adapt mentally to college bball and how well he'll defend in the zone. But in my opinion he has all the potential to be a star.

hilites from last night:

http://gmchoops.com/blog/?p=7052

count how long it takes Kid Mamba to go the length of the court ;-)
These highlights have me so amped. I can finally see the return of our fast break offense. Chuckwu with the block, ball lands in Lydon's hands, long outlet to Kid Mamba, alley oop to Roberson. Ahhh, I just smiled.

hilites from last night:

http://gmchoops.com/blog/?p=7052

count how long it takes Kid Mamba to go the length of the court ;-)
He's a man among boys. Hopefully he can keep up his intensity at the next level because he looks bored a lot of the time. His play reminds me of the Fresh Prince. The episode where Will played on Carlton's team and Carlton ripped the ball out of Will's hands in the final seconds because he was jealous and wanted to be the hero for once but shot an airball at the buzzer.

He's a jet up and down the court. Has a good handle and a very willing passer. He has to get a lot better on defense. Both teams were horrible on defense.

He's a jet up and down the court. Has a good handle and a very willing passer. He has to get a lot better on defense. Both teams were horrible on defense.

Agreed. Personally, I see him as a BIG upgrade over anybody currently on the roster in the handle/speed department. That is one thing we sorely need. Fully confident in him being the primary ballhandler and expect him to be. JB will of course reign him in on D. I think he'll transition to learning the position quickly.

Since our offense is usually pedestrian...in the sense that JB just expects guys (even if they aren't capable) to break a guy down off the bounce a make a play; this is why Battle will be a huge help. We never will out-scheme anyone offensively so this ability Battle brings to the table will be a breath of fresh air.

Heartbreaker, lost 69-67 (OT)
Battle did his part, 15 points. Like I said, expected this to be a good one.

Looks like Battle and company stormed back from a 14 point deficit in the last frame. Kudos to the kid and his team. They fought hard the whole year, played some tough comp in and out of state and no shame here. Both are top 10 teams in the state imo.

Wait -- maybe I just missed it -- but Battle didn't get on the Jordan AA roster either? What

Wait -- maybe I just missed it -- but Battle didn't get on the Jordan AA roster either? What
There are still additions after some of these state playoff and prep tournaments finish out, so nothing etched in stone.

Heartbreaker, lost 69-67 (OT)
Battle did his part, 15 points. Like I said, expected this to be a good one.

Looks like Battle and company stormed back from a 14 point deficit in the last frame. Kudos to the kid and his team. They fought hard the whole year, played some tough comp in and out of state and no shame here. Both are top 10 teams in the state imo.

Wow, he only scored 3 baskets the entire game. Either they wouldn't let him get off a shot, or he had a bad shooting night. Based on the 8 FTs made, I'm guessing they were all over him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom