Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

We already knew Tyus was going to be a key component next year. Now it's starting to look like we could be relying on him even more than we'd thought... I'm confident the young man has it in him!

More like he declined it because he deserved to be in the National game instead of the JV one.

Why do I get the feeling if he was still going to Michigan he would be a burger boy and in the main Jordan game? This seems ridiculous (him not being named to either).

More like he declined it because he deserved to be in the National game instead of the JV one.

Just out of curiosity, how come he wasn't picked for the National game, or the Mcdonalds all american game?

Cause he's going to SU and not UK, Kansas, Dook, or UNC.
This. Deano knows his stuff! It shouldn't even be shocking to us anymore. Check out the internet archive. You will notice a certain trend...After they pick SU, they slowly go down in both ratings and rank. Try it for Battle! Try it for Moyer! (Not as much with Moyer but it happened). Finally, try it with Duke and Turkey. Strange? Nah, happens consistently the past 6-7 years.

The GREAT news is it doesn't take away from our players abilities :)

This. Deano knows his stuff! It shouldn't even be shocking to us anymore. Check out the internet archive. You will notice a certain trend...After they pick SU, they slowly go down in both ratings and rank. Try it for Battle! Try it for Moyer! (Not as much with Moyer but it happened). Finally, try it with Duke and Turkey. Strange? Nah, happens consistently the past 6-7 years.

Do you know of a way to see a players rating at different times? I have only been able to find their current rating. It would be fun to watch the fluctuation. With Battle, he was a consensus top 10-15 pick. Injuries started his ranking decline and his commitment to Syracuse certainly didn't help his ranking once he came back. While, if he were a Duke commit, even through injury he would have maintained his ranking. I can't wait to see Battle in Orange, the kid is a winner.

Do you know of a way to see a players rating at different times? I have only been able to find their current rating. It would be fun to watch the fluctuation. With Battle, he was a consensus top 10-15 pick. Injuries started his ranking decline and his commitment to Syracuse certainly didn't help his ranking once he came back. While, if he were a Duke commit, even through injury he would have maintained his ranking. I can't wait to see Battle in Orange, the kid is a winner.
Yes indeed!
Today:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings
Late June last year:
http://web.archive.org/web/20150626...e-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings

Weird about Battle dropping, hah?
a5bfb957463ff4985ed03aba3e257aaa.jpg

A lot more can be done with internet archive but the links change when they go from 2015 to 2016 etc but you can still go even deeper.

Just out of curiosity, how come he wasn't picked for the National game, or the Mcdonalds all american game?
Fog explained it best above. Injuries and the fact that this guard group in 2016 is considered to be one of strongest overall in some time pushed him down in the rankings. I could understand not making the Burger game, but not making the Jordan National game being from NJ is a joke. I highly doubt that would've happened if he was committed to one of the three schools mentioned above.

Why is that?

Not sure what you're asking, but I'm pretty sure there's an easy answer and I'm going with Wheelhouse. That should cover me in either direction. ;)

I mean why are are recruits always undervalued, it seems to happen all the time?

I mean why are are recruits always undervalued, it seems to happen all the time?
Ah. Then my answer is still wheelhouse :)
Seriously though, it's a love fest with the usual suspects. Duke, Kentucky - doesn't matter who they recruit. If the recruit commits, their rankings dramatically rise to the top. Syracuse? Just the opposite. Has nothing to do with injury, performance, etc. It's all a popularity contest and (most) of the media have proven where they stand with us. They sure loved us when we were selected to the tournament. :rolleyes:

If Richardson leaves for the NBA, hopefully Tyus can step in and play just as well.
You're going to love this kid's game. Mali is a combination of scorer and shooter, and while TB can shoot the ball, he is a different player. Great in the open court, lock down defender and he will thrive in the zone. Either way, I think they are both incredible as penetrating "big guards". I expect Battle to be higher in the assists area, a little lower in the ppg area, but this is just freshman year. They both create their own shot, but TB will bring a ton of intangibles to the team from day 1. Either way, Mali surprised most with his rebounding and defense on the wing this year.

You're going to love this kid's game. Mali is a combination of scorer and shooter, and while TB can shoot the ball, he is a different player. Great in the open court, lock down defender and he will thrive in the zone. Either way, I think they are both incredible as penetrating "big guards". I expect Battle to be higher in the assists area, a little lower in the ppg area, but this is just freshman year. They both create their own shot, but TB will bring a ton of intangibles to the team from day 1. Either way, Mali surprised most with his rebounding and defense on the wing this year.

I think TB will bring a little more Dion Waiters type moves to the basket. From what I've seen of TB his cross-over dribble and first step to the basket left or right is like a lightning bolt. I'm not sure how good TB will be as 3-point shooter or pull-up jumpers but I think his threat to the basket will allow him to create a lot of open space to shoot. I imagine TB will be better on defense than MR was at the start of the season.

I was listening to the Orange Fizz podcast the other day and they had Tyus on as a guest. He sounded like a smart kid that knows our history and exactly how he fits in. He also mentioned his brother, who he said is 6'3" and a much better shooter than him. Anybody know if his brother is a future possibility or is he not quite at the same level?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom