Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Let's hope we can snag a verbal when he's on campus... but color me concerned that getting away from home may be a factor. Not that horse poop again! Someone tell him that syracuse is not a Burrough in Manhattan.

Only issue is he looks to be doing officials to the other schools first, so any "impulse buy" (which his dad leaves the door open for) would not go to Cuse. As I thought with Bryant, the situation at Syracuse is shaping up to be perfect for Tyus. He will be surrounded by quality players (including some existing friends), excellent coaches, a mega fan base with mega exposure in the most hyped conference. He'll have the ball in his hands from day one and he will be revered with extra hero status than our normal 5 star recruit because we're at a vulnerable time where his commitment would be especially appreciated by the fanbase. We're the closest school that is recruiting him but not so close that parents are going to be smothering you. There's a lot to like about all the schools he is looking at of course, but the situation at Syracuse is shaping up to be incredibly good for him.

HoustonCuse said:
Only issue is he looks to be doing officials to the other schools first, so any "impulse buy" (which his dad leaves the door open for) would not go to Cuse. As I thought with Bryant, the situation at Syracuse is shaping up to be perfect for Tyus. He will be surrounded by quality players (including some existing friends), excellent coaches, a mega fan base with mega exposure in the most hyped conference. He'll have the ball in his hands from day one and he will be revered with extra hero status than our normal 5 star recruit because we're at a vulnerable time where his commitment would be especially appreciated by the fanbase. We're the closest school that is recruiting him but not so close that parents are going to be smothering you. There's a lot to like about all the schools he is looking at of course, but the situation at Syracuse is shaping up to be incredibly good for him.

Well said

Who will duke have at guard? Allen looks very good
If Tyus Jones goes pro that will leave them with:
Jr. Matt Jones
So. Grayson Allen
Fr. Luke Kennard

All three of them are more shooting guard than point so that worries me a bit in terms of Duke and Battle. If they offer him the starting lead guard spot we are in for a battle in my eyes.

Sounds like everyone is assuming that Kaleb Joseph as a junior would not be the PG if Battle chooses SU. I don't know if that would influence his decision if SU already has two PG's on the roster. I think the major factor will be who Duke has on their roster. Tough to recruit head to head with Duke….

Sounds like everyone is assuming that Kaleb Joseph as a junior would not be the PG if Battle chooses SU. I don't know if that would influence his decision if SU already has two PG's on the roster. I think the major factor will be who Duke has on their roster. Tough to recruit head to head with Duke….
Not disagreeing with you and I worry about that too, but Duke can pretty much go out and recruit any other point guard they want and won't put all of their eggs in one basket.

Not disagreeing with you and I worry about that too, but Duke can pretty much go out and recruit any other point guard they want and won't put all of their eggs in one basket.
That's true, but if Duke makes Battle their #1 PG recruit, that could be difficult to overcome. It probably depends on what they are hearing from the Battle camp, they may just decide to go to option #2 that is also a top 30 recruit. I trust the SU coaches, hopefully they have a plan B who might not even be a pg...

That's true, but if Duke makes Battle their #1 PG recruit, that could be difficult to overcome. It probably depends on what they are hearing from the Battle camp, they may just decide to go to option #2 that is also a top 30 recruit. I trust the SU coaches, hopefully they have a plan B who might not even be a pg...

I'd agree with this completely

I have not been in the meetings, but I guarantee the keys to the program were put on table in front of Mr. Battle.

Quinn Cook was a point guard--he played alongside Tyus Jones just fine. People get too hung up on positions sometimes.

As a junior, I'd expect Kaleb to be a very nice complimentary player alongside Battle. Who cares which is the actual lead guard. Michael Gbinije was our SF, but operated as the PG most of the year. Tell Battle whatever he needs to hear to reel him in. Having the ball in his hands doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be asked to play like Michael Carter-Williams.

Quinn Cook was a point guard--he played alongside Tyus Jones just fine. People get too hung up on positions sometimes.

As a junior, I'd expect Kaleb to be a very nice complimentary player alongside Battle. Who cares which is the actual lead guard. Michael Gbinije was our SF, but operated as the PG most of the year. Tell Battle whatever he needs to hear to reel him in. Having the ball in his hands doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be asked to play like Michael Carter-Williams.

Well it is one of our advantage over teams like Duke who want him to be more of the off the ball wing guard role while we want him as a ball in his hands initiating the offense role. Its also likely that Richardson will be back as a Sophomore in that off the ball role. I think we have told Battle he would be used primarily as a PG at SU.

Hopefully Kaleb becomes a great 3rd guard backing up Battle and Malachi for 15 minutes a game. I can only dream about it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just want to take the time to mention that I too ❤ Tyus Battle! <a href="[a href="">April[/a] 7, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This was retweeted by Tyus Battle, he did not retweet the Duke love FWIW

That's funny--I dream about Kaleb improving incrementally each year, and being a difference maker by his junior year.
Its a good dream but Kaleb has a big hole to climb out of before he can be of any use. I think most of us were shocked at what we saw out of a highly rated player coming into the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom