Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

What do you guys think of this lineup for 16/17?

Battle
Richardson
Roberson
Coleman
Bryant

I could easily see this team making a run to the final four. Every one of these guys is big and skilled for their position and Diagne, Lydon, Moyer, and Howard could be contributors off the bench. Obokoh or KJ would have to transfer and this is all assuming Bryant and Battle even come to SU but not bad for the first year of sanctions.

I must say that I like Mike and Donna and think they do a nice job in general... However, their reportage on the recruitments of Battle and Bryant has been pretty awful. They should have a better idea as to what's going on. If anything, their reporting on issues like the scholarships and how we plan to move forward with the reductions has made things LESS clear.
Maybe the lack of response to their inquiries to the NCAA has hampered their reporting.

longtimefan said:
Maybe the lack of response to their inquiries to the NCAA has hampered their reporting.

Mike and Donna don't spend a great deal of time on recruiting.

Is Battle the most important recruit in recent history for SU?

Yes, he is. If he doesn't commit I fear our recruiting may go in the wrong direction. This program has been a total shite show since the middle of last season. We have played barely above .500 ball since 25-0 and essentially every single scenario has gone in the worst possible direction. Landing Battle would be a huge boost; losing him would be a dagger.

Iv always heard he was liking Duke. I have a small connection. A family members daughter plays for the same high school. I also heard he may have came back a bit soon from the foot injury and it's still bothering him. I'm sure those here know more than me esp Francis. Iv got to see him play twice and I hope we land him, he's tremendous talent.

Is Battle the most important recruit in recent history for SU?
Obviously, Carmelo is the biggest recruit of the last 15 years. But in terms of potential impact, from a perspective of the things the program is facing, I'd actually say he's the most important recruit since John Wallace.

Im only half serious but can we permanently move the Battle thread above the Bryant thread? I wanted bryant as much as anyone but its time to move on, onward and upward!

Last edited:
Obviously, Carmelo is the biggest recruit of the last 15 years. But in terms of potential impact, from a perspective of the things the program is facing, I'd actually say he's the most important recruit since John Wallace.
I think you may be right, hes at least right up there w Carmelo, Dion, MCW. HUGE!

With all due respect, no malice intended, honest. We are bringing in 4 top 100 recruits and some think the program is in the balance. I don't honestly understand this.

Jake said:
I think we get Battle, if we don't I will begin to be concerned.

I agree completely. Can't be too surprised when we miss on a guy we haven't spoken to in months. If, however, we miss on a guy the staff has clearly prioritized to the point of excluding ourselves from other recruits - one that JB seems heavily involved in - then we are in trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom