Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

I liked this post cause I agree with some parts. He has to do a better job contesting the outside shooters and PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT YOUR HANDS UP, KJ! Still. I think his handle is fine (when he's not playing 'scared'), we've seen him attack the basket, and he has that mid range jumper. Kid needs a huge confidence boost and I hope he gets it soon. I still believe in Joseph.
Easy there Tee. Somebody will accuse you of creating unrealistic expectations for players.:p

Mike Hopkins should be "named as the next head coach to provide some stability until they kick Jim out the door.Oh sure he is retiring.Does anyone really believe this? I think the members here are too smart to fall for this story Its really off the charts wicked to be forced to fire a HOF coach who has his name emblased on the Dome court. I get that, but don't give me the "retirement Bull-s#it.
yeah, people that are fired are always given three years notice. Do you even read your moronic posts before you hit send?

I think Kaleb did pretty good this year considering he wasn't ready to start day 1 and wasn't supposed to and thrown right into it.

I expect him to do the sophomore leap and make it a little bit more difficult for Battle to commit here

SUOrangeSU said:
I think Kaleb did pretty good this year considering he wasn't ready to start day 1 and wasn't supposed to and thrown right into it. I expect him to do the sophomore leap and make it a little bit more difficult for Battle to commit here

Kids who have the kind of talent Tyus Battle has are not afraid of Kaleb Joseph, improved or not. I'm in Kaleb's corner but those two are not even in the same universe. IMO

yeah, people that are fired are always given three years notice. Do you even read your moronic posts before you hit send?
In my considered opinion Cali should stick to baseball on the Other Sports board.

Madbiker said:
He has said all along he would visit Michigan. It's not new. He's going to take his visits and review his options. He has also said he would visit SU again.

I guess my point is that it's not likely a decision comes before that visit, otherwise why schedule it.

I guess my point is that it's not likely a decision comes before that visit, otherwise why schedule it.
He also said that he would end his recruitment as soon as it felt right and it could come soon. I don't think it is impossible that he commits to SU on or shortly after his visit and cancel his Michigan visit. Honestly, I don't expect that though, but I sure am hoping for it.

Scout reporting he has set up visits to duke and Louisville. Most alarming, also reporting the added Kentucky back to his list. Uh oh.

Scout reporting he has set up visits to duke and Louisville. Most alarming, also reporting the added Kentucky back to his list. Uh oh.

I saw the tweet from Evan Daniels, but, unless he has spoken with the Battle's I don't see where he gets that Kentucky is back on the list. Not mentioned in any articles I can find.

Really don't know how to process this. Just seems very, very strange.

If I were prone to read into these things more, I'd be wondering what the hell is going on at Syracuse right now?

First, you got the Bryant situation: A kid the staff has been recruiting since 2012, who grew up in Rochester & whose family desperately wants him to stay home & attend SU. JB even hints during the year that he's basically our 5th commit. And now there is finally room for him to join...and nothing. And it's not like our competition for him is that great either (besides Kentucky, obv)...Indiana & Missouri? Come on now. And the recent news about Thomas not having heard from the staff in awhile...just not like SU, IMO.

And now this news about Battle seemingly "opening up" his recruitment again, setting up new visits & adding back Kentucky to his list of schools? And this, after the summary I posted not too long ago, where it looked like SU had the lead by all measures...he's visited numerous times, we were his first major scholarship offer, it's close to home, he & family have stuck with the school even through all the NCAA bs, etc. And talk about him being tired of the recruiting process & possibly making a decision soon. Now is the time to set up 2 new visits & re-add Kentucky to your list of schools? What is going on here?

Seriously, is there something going on behind the scenes at Syracuse where the NCAA has maybe told them they can't take anyone new at this point? That maybe they have to start the sanctions ASAP?

I have no clue, no insider info, but, in all my years of following recruiting, I just have a sense that something is a little off here for some reason...maybe it's nothing...but...

EDIT: It's possible I am overreacting a bit, as I see in an article from Feb that the plan all along was to set up visits with Duke & Louisville:

"This won't be a long recruitment, as Gary Battle told At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. that Tyus is not enjoying the process and is hoping to make a decision sooner rather than later. Two official visits are in the works.

“We are working on Duke for April and Louisville for the middle of March,” Battle told Scout."

But still, re-adding Kentucky is a bit of a head-scratchier at this point. You'd think if he were close to a decision that he'd be shortening his list, not making it longer.

Last edited:
Really don't know how to process this. Just seems very, very strange.

If I were prone to read into these things more, I'd be wondering what the hell is going on at Syracuse right now?

First, you got the Bryant situation: A kid the staff has been recruiting since 2012, who grew up in Rochester & whose family desperately wants him to stay home & attend SU. JB even hints during the year that he's basically our 5th commit. And now there is finally room for him to join...and nothing. And it's not like our competition for him is that great either (besides Kentucky, obv)...Indiana & Missouri? Come on now. And the recent news about Thomas not having heard from the staff in awhile...just not like SU, IMO.

And now this news about Battle seemingly "opening up" his recruitment again, setting up new visits & adding back Kentucky to his list of schools? And this, after the summary I posted not too long ago, where it looked like SU had the lead by all measures...he's visited numerous times, we were his first major scholarship offer, it's close to home, he & family have stuck with the school even through all the NCAA bs, etc. And talk about him being tired of the recruiting process & possibly making a decision soon. Now is the time to set up 2 new visits & re-add Kentucky to your list of schools? What is going on here?

Seriously, is there something going on behind the scenes at Syracuse where the NCAA has maybe told them they can't take anyone new at this point? That maybe they have to start the sanctions ASAP?

I have no clue, no insider info, but, in all my years of following recruiting, I just have a sense that something is a little off here for some reason...maybe it's nothing...but...

I could sort of understand adding Kentucky if there was no rumor of him being at the end of his recruitment and wanting to make a decision soon. I do want to point out though that Zags blog did not cite a conversation with Team Battle regarding the addition of Kentucky, it cited the Evan Daniels tweet. So who knows.

It will all work out in the long run. I still say we land either Bryant/Battle or both!
tumblr_lybclfhT8b1r5t2x0o2_500.gif

cusetown1 said:
Close to a decision and now he's adding schools. I really hope the staff knows what they are doing here, this recruitment has been a huge risk from the get go IMO.
relax...I unless GB is lying to us the thing they want most is for TB to be the lead dog. Not some platoon at uk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom