Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

I disagree.

Great passer.

No jump shot.

We'd have a limited perimeter game with a Battle/Joseph/Howard backcourt.

So, okay, Malachi plays the 2.

Then where are the minutes for Howard and Joseph?[/
Next year, G's gone (and TC). MR/FH will be sophomores, and KJ a junior, when Battle arrives. It'll be another 4 guard rotation, with Battle probably working his way into a starting role (and maybe jumping after one year). So ... the established players will adjust, and JB won't have to run his starters ragged for 39.8 mpg. That's not a crisis; it's the kind of situation we've been hoping to have.

Last edited:
I disagree.

Great passer.

No jump shot.

We'd have a limited perimeter game with a Battle/Joseph/Howard backcourt.

So, okay, Malachi plays the 2.

Then where are the minutes for Howard and Joseph?

That's short sighted. Battle will only be here for one year [assuming he comes here].

How did things work with Cook / Tyus Jones at Duke last year? There will be plenty of opportunities for that foursome over the next couple of years. And if Battle departs after one season, that trio would be a formidable backcourt rotation after he leaves.

Just said it was the last we would hear from him for some time. He also hasn't updated his site since. It sucks for us but hopefully its a good thing going on in his life that has him too busy.
Still active on twitter, luckily.

Good article on Tyus and why he picked Michigan initially. Gives some insights into what makes him tick.

Linkage
Nice article. But so much for defying destiny ... Tyus's probably in the Melo center as we speak. If he commits, he can focus on restoring SU to the FF. ;)

One thing I'm honestly curious about: how much of an injury risk is Battle, really? Feels like a potential chronically injured dude, based on the last year and a half or so. That's always been my biggest hesitation with him.

Just said it was the last we would hear from him for some time. He also hasn't updated his site since. It sucks for us but hopefully its a good thing going on in his life that has him too busy.
Hope he's ok. This is kind of situation he'd love to be a part of.

One thing I'm honestly curious about: how much of an injury risk is Battle, really? Feels like a potential chronically injured dude, based on the last year and a half or so. That's always been my biggest hesitation with him.

If he is injury prone, Howard and Joseph aren't bad plan B's.

There were some red flags in that article
Good article on Tyus and why he picked Michigan initially. Gives some insights into what makes him tick.

Linkage

For Michigan fans, there definitely seemed to be some red flags in that article.

RF2044 said:
That's short sighted. Battle will only be here for one year [assuming he comes here]. How did things work with Cook / Tyus Jones at Duke last year? There will be plenty of opportunities for that foursome over the next couple of years. And if Battle departs after one season, that trio would be a formidable backcourt rotation after he leaves.

How easily we forget.

JB is going to spread the minutes around?

Ok.

I would be shocked if we didn't hear something definite by Monday. I know we have had a few disappointments lately (including Battle 1.0) but the stars are aligned on this one.

reedny said:
Exactly, and they're all better off if JB doesn't have to run his starters ragged for 39.8 mpg.

When has JB ever played more than 7 players?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom