Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

I don't get it.

What's the point of reopening recruiting?

I hear people saying he may in fact want to play closer to home

Did he suddenly drive to Michigan and realize, wow, that map of the United states wasn't lying.
I can buy it, actually. You get away from the campus and the excitement and then it hits you what it means if you go there.

I don't get it.

What's the point of reopening recruiting?

I hear people saying he may in fact want to play closer to home

Did he suddenly drive to Michigan and realize, wow, that map of the United states wasn't lying.

Who cares. He de-commits from michigan. Is visiting Syracuse this weekend. And all signs points to him coming to us.

Don't care why.

Hulk. Smash. Thread!! ;)

Seriously, after reading through everything and all the comments, it would make zero sense for him to re-open his recruitment, take an official to SU right away, and then pick Duke. I tend to agree that JB would have been very blunt with Battle at this point and would not have agreed to the visit if all he was going to do was choose Duke. JB isn't going to get burned twice. I think Battle wants to be Orange and basically had to give JB some assurances just to get the visit.

If he chooses someone else at this point, I would be shocked. I'm not a recruiting guru, nor do I have any insider info on this one, but I have to think that JB would not have agreed to this visit unless 1) Battle made things right with Beilein first, and 2) He wasn't 90% sure that Battle would be leaving campus this weekend an Orangeman. You don't turn JB down twice.

Last edited:
I want some good news so badly that I'm driving myself insane by checking this thread every 30 minutes or so just hoping that it will be announced that Battle has committed. Going to run errands, without my phone - that should buy me a couple of hours without access to the site. Uh oh... might get withdrawals.

As for Dook, I'll throw up in my mouth if Battle decomits from UM to only commit to those guys. Come on Tyus, save me the unsavory experience!

We certainly are due for some good news around here.

we need to make a play here. we don't need tyus to come barking around here just to scare off recruits.
roll out the orange carpet and treat him to a great visit. then give young mr. battle 1 week to decide.
elsewise we could end up with doodleysquat. remember stephon marbury anybody?

Well if he's going home tomorrow you've got to assume we wont hear anything until Sunday
Why? He better commit tomorrow. I am not in favor of giving him the week. We can't (I don't think we will)( be left without a chair when the music stops.

Just FYI but saw Battle and Hop today near Manny's. I told Hop to real him in, he said you and the other fans here need to tell him how great SU rules, so a few of us walked over and told Battle we needed him. He seemed like a great down to earth kid that was enjoying the visit.

Last edited:
Why? He better commit tomorrow. I am not in favor of giving him the week. We can't (I don't think we will)( be left without a chair when the music stops.
It really seems likely that Battle commits to SU tomorrow. It's the only solution that makes sense given the events of the last 24 hours. I believe he was on the verge of committing to SU when he got panicky as the NCAA sanctions were levied and liked the feel of Michigan, only to have buyers remorse as his family poked him a good bit over transportation difficulties with the Michigan scenario. He's a bright kid and knows SU is a better option for him, as long as things at SU don't get too nutsy.

orangefog said:
Would be pretty special to commit on Father's Day.

Logged back on to pst exactly the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom