Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Yeah, not knowing exactly when the Battle's were leaving is killing me. Plus, apparently they're keeping everything close this weekend and not responding to media inquiries on the trip. So we're all pretty much in the dark until they say anything themselves.

Yeah, not knowing exactly when the Battle's were leaving is killing me. Plus, apparently they're keeping everything close this weekend and not responding to media inquiries on the trip. So we're all pretty much in the dark until they say anything themselves.
The nerve of them!

11352420_841893419238655_170481565_n.jpg

Perhaps you could share the two versions of the stories you've written, i.e. the one where he commits and the other one where he's still uncommitted?

I am hearing rumblings...

But it's from my stomach. I will not eat until we know!!!!! Hunger strike!!!!!

I am hearing rumblings...

But it's from my stomach. I will not eat until we know!!!!! Hunger strike!!!!!
Sorry, I just had my dinner. Filet mignon and homemade seasoned french fries. Father's Day, and I made dinner. Granted, it's because I insisted on it. But still.

Tyus, buddy, your dad is important to you. He's a big fan of Syracuse. Make this a Father's Day he'll remember. Just come on out and say you're going to be Orange.

giphy.gif

I feel like I just need to keep urging people to remember, Battle didn't announce a decision until Monday after his Michigan trip.

Yeah, I'm not sure he'd announce on a holiday. My guess is if he wants the decision to get any sort of traction, he'd wait until tomorrow.

I feel like I just need to keep urging people to remember, Battle didn't announce a decision until Monday after his Michigan trip.
Look Jeff... that may be true and all that... but, I think the crowd here wants what it wants and wants it NOW!!!!!;)

Yeah, I'm not sure he'd announce on a holiday. My guess is if he wants the decision to get any sort of traction, he'd wait until tomorrow.

After decommitting only a short while after committing to UM, i'd assume he would not rush into anything. I'm sure this visit wasn't a spur of the moment decision, but even if he thinks he 'knows' what he's going to do now, it would still make sense — even just for the sake of perceptions — to take a breath and a few days to consolidate and reconcile all the thoughts.

After decommitting only a short while after committing to UM, i'd assume he would not rush into anything. I'm sure this visit wasn't a spur of the moment decision, but even if he thinks he 'knows' what he's going to do now, it would still make sense — even just for the sake of perceptions — to take a breath and a few days to consolidate and reconcile all the thoughts.

Good post. It'll be interesting and possibly telling if he takes a visit elsewhere. The initial reports that we could expect an announcement by this weekend's end seemed a little odd (factoring in what you said in your last sentence).

Good post. It'll be interesting and possibly telling if he takes a visit elsewhere. The initial reports that we could expect an announcement by this weekend's end seemed a little odd (factoring in what you said in your last sentence).
I don't know about that. I think he de committed to come here. If he doesn't commit by weds., I will really worry. I expected a verbal today.

As much as I'd like to hear news of his commitment to Syracuse it would seem that a hiatus between de committing and recommitting, however brief it might be, could be expected. Sunday, even this time of year is one of the busiest sports news days of the week. An announcement tomorrow would get much more attention than one that was made today.

All things considered I"m just thrilled that we are even back in the running for his services and I think we can all agree his committing to us would completely change the vibe we've been dealing with for the past several months. It's a game changer for sure. I feel cautiously optimistic that this ends up good for us and checking back here every twenty minutes with the hope of becoming insanely excited is a lot different than the sedated atmosphere that I've found while checking in here lately.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom