Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

He made 4 visits now, the only school in his top 5 that did not get a visit is UConn. Ville, Duke, Cuse and UM all got visits.

There might be something that leaks out from an insider but I don't see him making some sort of announcement tonight unless he does something through twitter...

I don't know about that. I think he de committed to come here. If he doesn't commit by weds., I will really worry. I expected a verbal today.
Yeah, if we don't get a commit by Wednesday, that's when I'll start really being worried. But I'm good with giving him a day or two to make sure, since he's learned a lesson once already not to rush into a choice.

I still think he's ours. But I won't get into panic mode until later this week.

If he decommits gets all our hopes up again and then chooses else where he would be the ultimate troll on the Syracuse message boards.

Deano said:
Yeppers...first time back in Syracuse in 7 years and that was cool to see him and Hop yesterday afternoon. I would say so as I'm about 6'.

I just saw Hop at Destiny. No Battle - just a bunch of kids that looked like Hop ;).

I don't know about that. I think he de committed to come here. If he doesn't commit by weds., I will really worry. I expected a verbal today.

Yeah, I agree but this weekend seemed a little rash. The next few days, yeah, that seems less impulsive. If he takes that last visit elsewhere, I think we are toast. I like our chances but, wow, would this suck to be teased... again.

Why did he leave Michigan though? Curious
Who cares, really?

Speculation is that the distance was more of a problem than he initially realized, but it's probably not anything we're going to know for awhile.

If he decommits gets all our hopes up again and then chooses else where he would be the ultimate troll on the Syracuse message boards.
Yes it would. I know this has been said in a few ways since Friday, but he pulls out of Michigan, then takes an official to SU the next day, conversations and intent were in motion well before this. Yes he is 17 years old and kids do the craziest things, but I have to think on the coaching staffs side, they agreed to this because TB was serious. That stays in the back of my mind while anxiously waiting. I think we got this.

PeteCalvin said:
Was he in good spirits?! Body language? All we need to know was right there in front of you, man!!! :bang:;)

Actually - I got the "hey, it's Fathers Day and I'm hanging with my kids please don't talk to me" vibe.

:)

Actually - I got the "hey, it's Fathers Day and I'm hanging with my kids please don't talk to me" vibe.

:)
What a jerk! Doesn't he know we have important things to worry about? Like Tyus Battles fathers Father's Day!

Yes it would. I know this has been said in a few ways since Friday, but he pulls out of Michigan, then takes an official to SU the next day, conversations and intent were in motion well before this. Yes he is 17 years old and kids do the craziest things, but I have to think on the coaching staffs side, they agreed to this because TB was serious. That stays in the back of my mind while anxiously waiting. I think we got this.

He did this, in part, because apart from having second thoughts about traveling that far to Michigan, he saw Syracuse is about to close on another PG. With our pursuit of Gilbert and Huerter, he can't string us along. He has to make his decision promptly. The only way this makes sense is if he chooses us. He has nothing scheduled with UConn.

He did this, in part, because apart from having second thoughts about traveling that far to Michigan, he saw Syracuse is about to close on another PG. With our pursuit of Gilbert and Huerter, he can't string us along. He has to make his decision promptly. The only way this makes sense is if he chooses us. He has nothing scheduled with UConn.
If only everything in this world followed logic.

That said hopefully he just needs time to digest everything he saw and then join the ranks in the next 72 hours

If only everything in this world followed logic.

That said hopefully he just needs time to digest everything he saw and then join the ranks in the next 72 hours

Agree 100%.

That hasn't prevented me from checking this site / refreshing 1000 times this weekend to see if there was an update.

I think first we get the official new AD introduction tomorrow. Even if he gave a verbal this weekend, I think they don't want to take the spotlight off the "official" AD announcement and introduction. So either later tomorrow, or Tuesday is what I think.

I think first we get the official new AD introduction tomorrow. Even if he gave a verbal this weekend, I think they don't want to take the spotlight off the "official" AD announcement and introduction. So either later tomorrow, or Tuesday is what I think.
I don't think a kid saying he wants to play for Cuse Basketball is going to upset the AD announcement. nor do I think the battles could give a flying flume about that. I just think he isn't ready yet. When he is we will know all about tit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom