Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

The article doesn't really give us any hope. It's pretty lackluster for quotes in general.

Sure. Everyone knows JAB runs a dirty program.:bat:
I don't see how this is any different than what we do in football when we lose recruits or try to flip guys. It's the name of the game. Frankly I don't see it as that big of a deal.

That article lists him as a small forward. Do they even ask the kids their position any more or just decide off a glance? lol
He won't play a lick of small forward in college nor professionally. Unless of course, he has a freak Jerami Grant 8'3 style growth spurt.

I know some will find this negative, and that is certainly their option. I do not believe we all have to be in lockstep, given the 1st amendment. But I'm not getting the sense that this kid really has a serious interest in being Orange. His quote, "I still really like Michigan alot ..." is at the least troubling.

I know some will find this negative, and that is certainly their option. I do not believe we all have to be in lockstep, given the 1st amendment. But I'm not getting the sense that this kid really has a serious interest in being Orange. His quote, "I still love Michigan ..." is at the least troubling.
Tell me, do you think Battle has any interest in Syracuse? I've been wondering for awhile now. You've yet to give your opinion on the matter.

Tell me, do you think Battle has any interest in Syracuse? I've been wondering for awhile now. You've yet to give your opinion on the matter.
Sorry, my bad, I thought this was a forum to discuss recruiting. Also, see 1st Amendment.

I know some will find this negative, and that is certainly their option. I do not believe we all have to be in lockstep, given the 1st amendment. But I'm not getting the sense that this kid really has a serious interest in being Orange. His quote, "I still really like Michigan alot ..." is at the least troubling.
It's not troubling. The kid must have liked Mich. He committed to them. And the 1st Amendment has no bearing here. All the first Amendment guarantees is that you won't go to jail. It doesn't mean you can say anything without consequences.

I don't see how this is any different than what we do in football when we lose recruits or try to flip guys. It's the name of the game. Frankly I don't see it as that big of a deal.
It isn't done in basketball like it is in football. Don't know why. Jb wouldn't have brought Battle in without a de committ.

Do you realize the 1st Amendment has nothing to do with a private message board? It only involves governmental restrictions on free speech.

I thought that article was great. He really likes SU and the staff. "They have a good team" "they are closest to help home" he was noncommittal about taking another visit. He's going to decide with his family who wants closer to home.

Consigliere said:
Not a chance. Battle can commit and sign an LOI in November. We just need to be down to 10 by August of 2016 when the class of 2020 enrolls. This will work out fine. We needed a 5 in the 2017 class at the latest. Now we have him.

First off I agree we'll end up with Battle. I also agree there will be room for him with roster attrition even if we don't win any part of the appeal.

However, I can't see us taking a verbal from him until either (1) we win the appeal or (2) there is roster attrition from some of the young guys. Would be bad form on multiple levels. Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom