Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

First off I agree we'll end up with Battle. I also agree there will be room for him with roster attrition even if we don't win any part of the appeal.

However, I can't see us taking a verbal from him until either (1) we win the appeal or (2) there is roster attrition from some of the young guys. Would be bad form on multiple levels. Thoughts?
the moment he says that he wants to verbal, we will accept it. End of story

I say he wants to go to Michigan and that's where he will ultimately end up. He's just doing this to make his dad happy. Reminds me of the Bryant situation.

BlackKnight76 said:
Semantics arguments over intentionally vague quotes are fun.
I mean the kid is just trying to distance himself from his prior decision. Isn't that obvious to most? He decomitted and took an official to cuse and were worried...

jekelish said:
From a size/scoring standpoint I can definitely see that...though Penny was one hell of a ball handler/passer. I think that's the area Tyus needs to prove himself in order to play point at the next level. Oh, and I loved Penny. He had really cool looking shoes, too. But holy crap, these were the most uncomfortable basketball sneakers I ever owned: I couldn't even get through a single practice in those things. That white plastic on the size just ripped up the side of my foot.
Arguably the worst bball shoe ever made. Melos first couple were awful too.

So he committed, de committed, and is going to 're committ to UM to make his dad happy.

I'm sure John Beilein would be cool with that.

What's left for him to "learn" about Syracuse? Believe me, I'd LOVE for him to come here but I just think he'd of committed by now.

The only hope I cling to is that he's not taking that last official visit he has. Yet.

What's left for him to "learn" about Syracuse? Believe me, I'd LOVE for him to come here but I just think he'd of committed by now.

The only hope I cling to is that he's not taking that last official visit he has. Yet.

It's not about learning. It's about taking time to think about where you'll spend 1 (or 2 years) in college. He's not in a time crunch, if he wants to go a school they'll find a spot for him, I don't see people's big issue with him taking the time to really think and discuss this with his family.

I think he learned from the commitment to Michigan that he has to think all his options through.

I can't learn anything more about Skittles or Twizzlers but it doesn't make it any easier for me to decide which to buy when I'm in the candy aisle.

I can't learn anything more about Skittles or Twizzlers but it doesn't make it any easier for me to decide which to buy when I'm in the candy aisle.
Easiest choice ever. Skittles 100% of the time. Just as Cuse should be for all kids regardless of position, sport, academic major or otherwise!

Easiest choice ever. Skittles 100% of the time. Just as Cuse should be for all kids regardless of position, sport, academic major or otherwise!

Well now, that depends. If we're talking those new Skittles Orchards, then yes. I love those things. Otherwise, I'd have to sit the fiancee down and make sure we discuss all of the angles, especially if I had just announced that I'm buying Tropical Skittles and it turns out the fiancee thinks Twizzlers might be a better fit for my craving. If I realize that maybe I rushed into choosing Tropical Skittles, I sure as heck want to make sure that Twizzlers is actually the better choice before I go around the house announcing it.

See, that's just it, there is more to it than that. ;-)

I DEFINITELY prefer twizzlers but if watching a movie, I'll take skittles. Reason why is because I'll still have some in the bag by the time the previews end compared to twizzlers which I'll inhale within ten minutes. Sounds ridiculous, and it is, but that's the thing... there so many many layers of the onion to peel that this may seem easy to some but not the person involved in the ultimate decision. That being said - come on Tyus, lets win another N. Championship! Be part of it!

See, that's just it, there is more to it than that. ;-)

I DEFINITELY prefer twizzlers but if watching a movie, I'll take skittles. Reason why is because I'll still have some in the bag by the time the previews end compared to twizzlers which I'll inhale within ten minutes. Sounds ridiculous, and it is, but that's the thing... there so many many layers of the onion to peel that this may seem easy to some but not the person involved in the ultimate decision. That being said - come on Tyus, lets win another N. Championship! Be part of it!

I can't believe this has turned into a candy debate, but while we are at it, I will throw Starbursts into the mix.

One other positive... other than removing his Michigan related info from his Twitter account he hasn't posted anything since June 17th. The family is keeping quiet until they've come to a decision. Give them some (more) space.

I can't believe this has turned into a candy debate, but while we are at it, I will throw Starbursts into the mix.

Starburts suck, except for the pink ones. You get a whole pack to only find two or three good ones in there. Okay, back to Tyus... would you PLEASE commit already so we all can gain a sense of sanity around here. Seriously though, take your time and make the right decision for you as that is all that really matters regardless how badly we want you to wear ORANGE.

Hate to ruin the candy discussion, but it's up to 62/38 on two four seven, again FWIW.

The ladies can get their panties wadded up, but I will continue to think he's ours until he scheduled another OV...or commits elsewhere.

docsu said:
Hate to ruin the candy discussion, but it's up to 62/38 on two four seven, again FWIW. The ladies can get their panties wadded up, but I will continue to think he's ours until he scheduled another OV...or commits elsewhere.

Tyus is liking the attention.

Tyus is liking the attention.

I fail to see that as a logical conclusion. He has ignored the media for days and is only talking now because he's back to playing on the court and can't hide at home alone any more. These are not the type of actions from guys who show themselves as attention whores like Deion Hallmon the DB last year, and Isaih Whitehead last year. Those guys actively sought out the attention and did anything they could to keep the fire burning until it bit them in the aft-end and they ended up not going to play where they would have been the most successful.

Can you think of , or name any recruit, that has reneged on a commit, to any school, and ended up at that school? I can't.
Somebody refresh my memory. How close did jason hart get to reneging?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom