Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Interesting article that posted recently on mgoblog. Apparently, Sam Webb, the Michigan insider at WTKA thinks that Battle may not have actually decommitted from Michigan, but actually may have originally committed to UM just to prevent Josh Langford (13th in ESPN 100) from taking his spot. Now he's doing his due diligence to Syracuse. Meanwhile, Langford has seemingly held off from committing to Michigan State as many expected this weekend.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/sam-web...mmitted-he-taking-visits-distance-factor-him-

OlsenRyan13 said:
*mid major with more championships in the last 10 years than any other program

In the last 10 years they have 2, UNC, Florida and Duke all have 2.

Unless you're going back to 2004, which is more than 10 years. They are a great program regardless.

Last edited:
Interesting article that posted recently on mgoblog. Apparently, Sam Webb, the Michigan insider at WTKA thinks that Battle may not have actually decommitted from Michigan, but actually may have originally committed to UM just to prevent Josh Langford (13th in ESPN 100) from taking his spot. Now he's doing his due diligence to Syracuse. Meanwhile, Langford has seemingly held off from committing to Michigan State as many expected this weekend.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/sam-web...mmitted-he-taking-visits-distance-factor-him-

It's a bad sign for Mich that their source has had no contact with the Battle's since he decommitted.

It's a bad sign for Mich that their source has had no contact with the Battle's since he decommitted.
No one has, though. The family isn't talking to anyone right now, from what I've read.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Langford commits to MSU. All for kids ensuring they made the right choice, but Tyus Battle&#39;s decommitment screwed Michigan.</p>&mdash; Drew Hallett (@DrewCHallett) <a href="">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If Coyle were to announce Battle's commitment during his introductory press conference, his legacy would be sealed from day 1!
Why did Coyle de-commit from Boise?

In the last 10 years they have 2, UNC, Florida and Duke all have 2.

Unless you're going back to 2004, which is more than 10 years. They are a great program regardless.
And the reason is .. they had guards (recently, Napier and Boatright, before them Walker) that were NCAA wrecking machines. They could hit the 3 or drive the lane at will. All they needed inside was some serviceable players to rebound and they would have been successful. However, in the last NC (2014), Daniels was great for them because of the attention drawn by Napier and Boatright.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Josh Langford commits to MSU. All for kids ensuring they made the right choice, but Tyus Battle&#39;s decommitment screwed Michigan.</p>&mdash; Drew Hallett (@DrewCHallett) <a href="">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Yes, it's looking like UM will wind up without a chair when the music stops.

No one has, though. The family isn't talking to anyone right now, from what I've read.
I've been looking in my crystal ball, but all I see is orange...
images

Syracuse bball twitter reporting that the visit went "very well" but I would take that with a grain of salt coming from that account.
They're not the only ones saying it went "very well" but that's about the only thing anyone knows at this point. No other details have leaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom