Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 94 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

No because next year when he comes we could loose someone to draft or not have a scholly for a current player Obonoh or Coleman do their is no issue with Battle, to me the bigger concern is what happens this year if he enrolls is he counted and it pushes back the sholarship issue

There are two sides too a story, so don't act like this was all the Staff's fault. Bryant needs to take a long long in the mirror.
No offense, but try reading the whole post next time. As I stated, I understand the kid's decision ... he wanted to get away. It is what it is. But, if reported correctly, two months of radio silence for a recruit of his caliber remains troubling. No one said this was all the staff's fault: they did talk to his mom, and he may have been gone regardless -- but you need to stay in touch with the actual player.

Last edited:
Does Chukwu's commitment take Battle's spot? Maybe we're the ones holding up his commitment, and now he doesn't have a spot? Also, since Chu has to sit out a year, that still takes a scholly off the board for next year, right?

Not a chance. Battle can commit and sign an LOI in November. We just need to be down to 10 by August of 2016 when the class of 2020 enrolls. This will work out fine. We needed a 5 in the 2017 class at the latest. Now we have him.

Just waiting on the final piece of the puzzle to fall in place for our 2016 haul.
Ah yes! how sweet it will be. And thereafter it will only be a matter of kicking a$$ and and taking names!~

FYI battle has roved all Michigan references from his twitter profile.
w

Truthfully that was merely a formality. He was never going back there after his deommitment. But until some SU stuff goes up, I wouldn't take it as a sign that he is Cuse bound.

Now that the Michigan Gear is gone from his twitter page I'm starting to feel better about the outcome of the Tyus Battle saga.

I was just thinking about this and it still blows my mind. Battle measured in at 6-7, 199. Chris McCullough measured at 6-9, 199 at the NBA combine.

Our potential next starting point guard is almost exactly the same size as our big, long, previous starting power forward. That's insane.

jekelish said:
I was just thinking about this and it still blows my mind. Battle measured in at 6-7, 199. Chris McCullough measured at 6-9, 199 at the NBA combine. Our potential next starting point guard is almost exactly the same size as our big, long, previous starting power forward. That's insane.
when I was a kid I really wanted penny hardaway. 20 or so years later I feel like we got an upgraded version

when I was a kid I really wanted penny hardaway. 20 or so years later I feel like we got an upgraded version
From a size/scoring standpoint I can definitely see that...though Penny was one hell of a ball handler/passer. I think that's the area Tyus needs to prove himself in order to play point at the next level.

Oh, and I loved Penny. He had really cool looking shoes, too. But holy crap, these were the most uncomfortable basketball sneakers I ever owned:

nike-air-max-penny-release-date.jpg

I couldn't even get through a single practice in those things. That white plastic on the size just ripped up the side of my foot.

jekelish said:
From a size/scoring standpoint I can definitely see that...though Penny was one hell of a ball handler/passer. I think that's the area Tyus needs to prove himself in order to play point at the next level.

Oh, and I loved Penny. He had really cool looking shoes, too. But holy crap, these were the most uncomfortable basketball sneakers I ever owned:

I couldn't even get through a single practice in those things. That white plastic on the size just ripped up the side of my foot.

I loved Penny Hardaway. And those Magic teams were fun to watch.

I was just thinking about this and it still blows my mind. Battle measured in at 6-7, 199. Chris McCullough measured at 6-9, 199 at the NBA combine.

Our potential next starting point guard is almost exactly the same size as our big, long, previous starting power forward. That's insane.
And McCullough was a big power forward for college!

w

Truthfully that was merely a formality. He was never going back there after his deommitment. But until some SU stuff goes up, I wouldn't take it as a sign that he is Cuse bound.
And it's not like he's rushing out to other schools either. He de-committed and went right to SU.

nike-air-max-penny-release-date.jpg

I loved the Lil' Penny Nike campaign. Would love to see him court side at the Dome sitting next to Joyce.
image.jpg

With our new found 7'2 center playing the same year Battle would be here running the show - wouldn't this increase our chances of winning a national championship and therefore make Battle even more likely to come here?

Battle speaks for the first time in nine days.
http://www.At their request, this n...6-battle-discusses-syracuse-visit-recruitment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom