Phewww...talk about hatred and bitterness!! | Syracusefan.com

Phewww...talk about hatred and bitterness!!

SkanSU

Starter
Just got off the Georgetown board. Phew...talk about bitter!! and nasty!! Now I know why we hate Georgetown so much. Get a life Georgetown .. or a football team... or better yet a decent basketball team!!

This board would be the same, if they were taking UConn and leaving us behind.

Well, their survival wagon was always hitched to the BE, which means that it was hitched to us. That is gone. If I was them, Nova, SJU, Marquette, PU, SHU, etc., I would be pissed and upset too. They have all become, at best, Butler.

Just gald we got in first and aren't speculating.. Rutgers and Uconn talking about whether they are heading to the Big 10 or ACC but not really knowing they will both most likely be fine but there is always the fear of getting if things go the wrong way

This board would be the same, if they were taking UConn and leaving us behind.

We'd be freaking out maybe (some of us understand we were going to land someplace and have said for a long time it would be the ACC because it made the most sense and it was SU's preference). But Gtown is apples and oranges. They don't even have a D1 football program. So their view is myopic.

SU, Pitt leave Big East for ACC!

... and Georgetown still sucks.

SU, Pitt leave Big East for ACC!

... and Georgetown still sucks.
I cant help but imagine the guy (your avatar) from the water boy saying your quote but ending it with oh no we suck again lol

I cant help but imagine the guy (your avatar) from the water boy saying your quote but ending it with oh no we suck again lol

Man that isn't the guy from The Waterboy (Rob Schneider). It's Cigar Guy from the 2010 Ryder Cup.

Just got off the Georgetown board. Phew...talk about bitter!! and nasty!! Now I know why we hate Georgetown so much. Get a life Georgetown .. or a football team... or better yet a decent basketball team!!

I don't mind that they feel betrayed, that's natural. The funniest posts from Georgetown and some of the other boards are the ones complaining that SU (and Pitt) is irrelevant and worthless, a weak academic school, etc. If we're so irrelevant then the Big East should be just fine without us. Georgetown fans can't handle the fact that we've never needed them, and they've always needed us.

That makes sticking it to them all the sweeter

It sure does make for one hell of an SU/GTown game this year

Why would you go to the Georgetown board today? Kind of like making a decision to lay off one of your employees and then after giving them the notice showing up out of the blue at the bar that you know they go to for Happy Hour.

I have to give the Gtown board some credit. The reason they are so upset is because they actual realize how screwed they are long term. Its amazing that many of the posters on most of the other bball only school boards cannot seem to grasp what is really going on.

Dear Georgetown,

YouMad.jpg

Love,

Syracuse

Yup, the vitriol is flowing unimpeded over there on the Hoya board. They are such a fine bunch of kids those Hoya fans. I'm forever appreciative of how they represented the USA during their trip over to China. Look up sour grapes on Wikapedia and there is a link to the Hoya board.

Big East in Basketball will be fine. Even if Uconn and rutgers jump they still have:
Louisville
St johns
Cinci
Villanova
West Virg
Marquette
Seton Hall
Providence
Depaul
South Florida

That is still a very strong conf. And eliminating 4 eastern teams may improve their recruiting.

wvu won't be in the big east long. Cinn., sfu, and louisville will look for the door as well.

wvu won't be in the big east long. Cinn., sfu, and louisville will look for the door as well.
Yep, the hoops-onlies will be in a league of their own before this decade ends. And look for them to try to join with the best non-majors out there (Butler, Xavier, maybe even Gonzaga).

Yep, the hoops-onlies will be in a league of their own before this decade ends. And look for them to try to join with the best non-majors out there (Butler, Xavier, maybe even Gonzaga).

Yup, it will be a nice little basketball conference, but no powerhouse - maybe you get a Memphis that springs up and dominates for a couple years (St. Johns?), but that's about it.

Big East in Basketball will be fine. Even if Uconn and rutgers jump they still have:
Louisville
St johns
Cinci
Villanova
West Virg
Marquette
Seton Hall
Providence
Depaul
South Florida

That is still a very strong conf. And eliminating 4 eastern teams may improve their recruiting.

You think WV, louisville, cinch and USF are gonna be in a 4 team football conference?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.039794,-76.129789

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom