Philly Question | Syracusefan.com

Philly Question

tptcuse

Living Legend
I find myself disturbingly naive on this selection process, considering I have been a fan since the Louie and Bouie era.

Can someone succinctly explain why Philly is so out of the question at this point? Is it a foregone conclusion due to other Big East teams that will be in the East? Are there other factors?

Thanks, in advance.

I find myself disturbingly naive on this selection process, considering I have been a fan since the Louie and Bouie era.

Can someone succinctly explain why Philly is so out of the question at this point? Is it a foregone conclusion due to other Big East teams that will be in the East? Are there other factors?

Thanks, in advance.

There are so many moving parts that there is no way that it is out of the question.

There are so many moving parts that there is no way that it is out of the question.
That is what I was thinking. However, it seems like many posters are ruling it out on here.

That is what I was thinking. However, it seems like many posters are ruling it out on here.
Here are the teams ahead of us right now and would get location preference over us:
Louisville
Indiana
Duke
Gonzaga
Kansas
Georgetown
OSU
New Mexico
Miami
MSU
Florida

Duke and Georgetown would both get Philly ahead of us. They're not gonna give Philly to a 4 seed when it would be the closest location for 2 #2 seeds (Duke could be a 1). Unlike last year, we're not gonna get an advantage with our location. We have a better chance of being in San Jose than we do in Philly.

Here are the teams ahead of us right now and would get location preference over us:
Louisville
Indiana
Duke
Gonzaga
Kansas
Georgetown
OSU
New Mexico
Miami
MSU
Florida

Duke and Georgetown would both get Philly ahead of us. They're not gonna give Philly to a 4 seed when it would be the closest location for 2 #2 seeds (Duke could be a 1). Unlike last year, we're not gonna get an advantage with our location. We have a better chance of being in San Jose than we do in Philly.
So, if Louisville and/or Georgetown are in a different in region, it is a possibility?

I don't think any games today affect us. Miami, Florida, OSU are all going to be ahead of us regardless. Wisconsin could move up a seed line with a win today, but I'm not sure they'd knock us down a seed line. Ole Miss, SLU, VCU and UNC will have worse seeds than us.

So, if Louisville and/or Georgetown are in a different in region, it is a possibility?
Ville will be going to Lexington. Basically think of it this way; will the committee give us a location advantage instead of Duke or Georgetown? The answer is probably no. Only 2 top seeds will get into Philly.

Ville will be going to Lexington. Basically think of it this way; will the committee give us a location advantage instead of Duke or Georgetown? The answer is probably no. Only 2 top seeds will get into Philly.
Got it. That makes sense. I am just anxious to get to a game---this year's tournament nicely lines up with a vacation for me. I should just back away from the computer and wait until 6.

Got it. That makes sense. I am just anxious to get to a game---this year's tournament nicely lines up with a vacation for me. I should just back away from the computer and wait until 6.
Agreed, I took Thursday and Friday off from work. I'd mentally prepare for being in the West though.

I don't think any games today affect us. Miami, Florida, OSU are all going to be ahead of us regardless. Wisconsin could move up a seed line with a win today, but I'm not sure they'd knock us down a seed line. Ole Miss, SLU, VCU and UNC will have worse seeds than us.

When I mean moving parts I mean that there are other teams that will probably need to be put here or there in terms of location and it could affect where we go. SU in Philly seems very unlikely but not impossible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom