Pigskin Pete Predicts | Syracusefan.com

Pigskin Pete Predicts

Don

2nd String
There will be 64,821 fans at the game Saturday

It will be a some what muggy day but a fast track for the teams to kickoff the year. As for the kickoff I predicts that the cuse will take the opening kickoff to the house for an early 7-0 lead. the game will then settle down to a test of will between team with unproven QB's . Penn state will take the lead early in the second quarter by using there short passing game to negate the constant pressure of the syracuse blitz package. My mid second quarter Penn State will have established its will and move to a 21-10 lead.

At that point the Cuse will pull of some trickeration and Drew Allen will throw a long sideline pass to none other that Terrell Hunt who will nearly take it to the house. The cuse will slam the ball in and regain momentum right before half and go in trailing 21-17.

The second half will start with a 3 and out for Penn State and on the ensuing punt The Cuse will turn in there second big special teams play of the game and block the punt and recover at the Penn state 10 yard line. ar this point Drew Allen will throw his first TD as a cuse player to a wide open PTG.

On the next Penn state possession John Raymon will burst into the backfield and cause a Penn state fumble that the cuse recovers at the 25. At that point Jerome Smith will burst through the middle and take it to the house for a 31-21 Cuse lead.

we move to the fourth quarter and penn state will make the cuse pay for an all out blitz and hit a long TD pass to get them back in the game at 31-28. the teams then change possesions with no scores but Penn State burying the cuse inside there ten on a perfect punt with less than 7 minutes left in the game. It is at this point that Jerome smith after being bottles up most of the days excpet for his one TD burst will show the Heisman voters what he is made of . He will carry the ball on six straight runs out to the 50 yard line. Penn state has to call time out to regroup as 4 minutes have been taken off the clock with Smiths power running. On the first play after the timeout Penn state sells out to stop Smith but, he burst through the line and has clear sailing to the end zone and a Cuse 38-28 lead. Smith puts the team on his back and logs 92 yard on that drive to seal the Cuse Win and establish his credentials for a potential Heisman run.

I have seen this in my vision quest. It has been written so shall it be

Can you give us a little more detail on the defensive alignment? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom