Pinstripe Eyeing Another Possibiility than Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Pinstripe Eyeing Another Possibiility than Syracuse

I'd rather go somewhere else, to be honest. Yes it'd be an easy trip to go back to NYC for the Pinstripe Bowl, but I'm prepared to go wherever we're playing, and I'd like to go somewhere new.

WV - Pitt. Backyard brawl has been rumored.

That would drop us to a crappier bowl, unfotunately.

WV - Pitt. Backyard brawl has been rumored.

That would drop us to a crappier bowl, unfotunately.
"Those commitments can be altered, but bowls only can pick down." We can't finish worse than 4th in the conference, can we? Pinstripe would be worst we could do.

There were two threads about this yesterday, its a very real possibility if WVU falls to the pinstripe.
After WVU stomps KU this weekend, I see zero chance they fall to pinstripe. Thats why I'm so confused by all this backyard brawl pinstripe stuff

Again someone explain to me how WV drops down to the Pinstripe?

If Pitt and Uconn both lose this weekend and we're the last available choice for the Pinstripe, then I guess they are SOL

I just find it hard to believe the Belk would pass us over for Cincy.

Ville - BCS
Girls - Russell
Cuse - Belk
Pitt - Pinstripe
Compass - Cincy

If Pitt and Uconn both lose this weekend and we're the last available choice for the Pinstripe, then I guess they are SOL
Pitt's not losing. Cinci losing to Uconn is more likely.

idk pitts not exactly what we call a consistent team... i say uconn wins this weekend, cinci O is terrible and uconns D looks more stout then it did against us

You all are assuming that Lville wins...with Bridgewater hurt, it really is setting up for a Rutgers win. And if Cincy loses, we are #2 in the BE and going to the Russell. Just saying.

WVU (when they beat Kansas) likely finishes in a 3 way tie for 5th with TCU (who should lose to OU) and TT (B12 season complete). Technically they'd be 7th, as they lost to both TCU and TT. 7th place finisher goes to Pinstripe.

But if the league gets 2 BCS bids, as expected, that throws it off a bit. I'm guessing in that case, they work a deal to keep WVU in NYC, and Baylor/Iowa State in the Texas based bowls.

WVU (when they beat Kansas) likely finishes in a 3 way tie for 5th with TCU (who should lose to OU) and TT (B12 season complete). Technically they'd be 7th, as they lost to both TCU and TT. 7th place finisher goes to Pinstripe.

But if the league gets 2 BCS bids, as expected, that throws it off a bit. I'm guessing in that case, they work a deal to keep WVU in NYC, and Baylor/Iowa State in the Texas based bowls.

The Bowls get picks though. They do not just take teams based on where they end up in the standings. Ask BC about going out to Boise every year when they started in the ACC. So WV could go anywhere from the B12's 2nd Bowl to its 8th Bowl, depending on what happens Saturday in the B12. Will the first 6 Bowls all pass on WV? I think they end up in the Holiday Bowl.

The Bowls get picks though. They do not just take teams based on where they end up in the standings. Ask BC about going out to Boise every year when they started in the ACC. So WV could go anywhere from the B12's 2nd Bowl to its 8th Bowl, depending on what happens Saturday in the B12. Will the first 6 Bowls all pass on WV? I think they end up in the Holiday Bowl.

I know it depends on who they want to pick, but I got the sense that the Big 12 was a little more rigid on their placement. Does the Holiday Bowl want WVU who has the furthest to travel? Not sure how many Texas Tech or TCU fans would go to San Diego, but WVU has more of a battle with that then they did in the Big East when they were thought to be the only school who would bring fans to a bowl game.

The only thing I'd say I'm sure of is that the Pinstripe will do whatever it can to avoid Iowa State. The other schools have high powered offenses, and they're just not as overall blah as Iowa State. I'm sure someone from Iowa will soon be typing how I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to the uber interesting program that is those Cyclones.

I know it depends on who they want to pick, but I got the sense that the Big 12 was a little more rigid on their placement. Does the Holiday Bowl want WVU who has the furthest to travel? Not sure how many Texas Tech or TCU fans would go to San Diego, but WVU has more of a battle with that then they did in the Big East when they were thought to be the only school who would bring fans to a bowl game.

The only thing I'd say I'm sure of is that the Pinstripe will do whatever it can to avoid Iowa State. The other schools have high powered offenses, and they're just not as overall blah as Iowa State. I'm sure someone from Iowa will soon be typing how I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to the uber interesting program that is those Cyclones.

Take the number of TCU or Texas tech fans that would travel to the holiday bowl. Now triple it. That is the number of WVU fans that would travel

Wouldn't matter.. WVU would bus in 50k to play Pitt one last time, especially in a bowl game let alone one in NYC.
50,000 fans who obviously spend more on tattoos than oral hygiene.

only plausable reason is that there new to big 12 so the bowls want other teams .

i can see wvu in buffalo wild wingz or holiday bowl before pinstripe

Take the number of TCU or Texas tech fans that would travel to the holiday bowl. Now triple it. That is the number of WVU fans that would travel

You think so? WVU didn't even travel that many fans to Morgantown for a game against Oklahoma. Half the upper deck was empty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom