Pitino as transitional hire to raise SU's profile | Syracusefan.com

Pitino as transitional hire to raise SU's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnviroSciGuy

Resident woody plant obsessive
Hold your nose and give him the keys to rebuild the program. I have very little doubt that he'd a be a rousing success, putting us in prime position to land a big name when he finally decides to hang it up.

Hire The Swordsman.

Pitino would remake the team with athleticism to play his style. He has remade Iona in his 2nd season (just 2 recruiting classes) to the point they have more athleticism than we do and can play very competitively with top 20 P5 teams. And that's with no highly ranked recruits.

Hold your nose and give him the keys to rebuild the program. I have very little doubt that he'd a be a rousing success, putting us in prime position to land a big name when he finally decides to hang it up.

Hire The Swordsman.
He'd have us back in the top 10 in less than 3 years. Pitino recruiting the NE at Syracuse would be an unbelievable combination. And the "holier-than-thou" blabber about his "past" means nothing to me right now. The sport has changed- the NCAA is a joke, and SU basketball is not morally superior to anyone else. We were the opening act to his coaching career...in spite of what the haters don't like to admit, and we'd be the perfect place to close it out. Hire the man- and let's get our program back on course. JMHO

C'mon guys. no way the board or chancellor signs off on Pitino, waaay to much baggage. It is what it is. JB will have a few more down years, and we give the keys to Gerry or Red. To think otherwise is wishful thinking.
Leave me be, gosh darnnit!!!

spirited away dreaming GIF

I think at this point Pitino would be my 3rd call...

1st Jay Wright - Never will happen but I have to check and do my job as an AD
2nd Nate Oats - Give him anything he wants in terms of money
3rd Pitino

I want Oats.

Slick Rick is a little too old I'm not surprised hes winning at Siena but I don't think hes a lock to do well if he gets a return to the big time.

I think a lot of guys can have success here. We don't need Pitino. And I mean real success not this bubble crap we are told we should be happy about.

Pitino shouldn't be suggested hes a Syracuse villain just like Calhoun or Thompson Jr. No way.

I want Oats.

Slick Rick is a little too old I'm not surprised hes winning at Siena but I don't think hes a lock to do well if he gets a return to the big time.

I think a lot of guys can have success here. We don't need Pitino. And I mean real success not this bubble crap we are told we should be happy about.

Pitino shouldn't be suggested hes a Syracuse villain just like Calhoun or Thompson Jr. No way.
You forget that those of Pitinos ilk aren’t subject to the effects of aging like we humans. He will simply move his coffin a few hundred miles and be good to go .. just gotta make sure metal stakes and garlic are kept far away from him.. and also make sure you invite him in or else he can’t enter

I want Oats.

I disagree with alot of this, but serious question; Why would Oats leave his situation at Alabama, to come to SU? He'd be taking over for a legend and that rarely goes smoothly. I'd love to get him of course, but I can't see him leaving a comfortable, low-expectations gig like Bama, and jump into the post-JB fire at Syracuse.
In any case, its likely to be Red or GMac getting the keys to this program, so all this is just fan speculation anyway..

I disagree with alot of this, but serious question; Why would Oats leave his situation at Alabama, to come to SU? He'd be taking over for a legend and that rarely goes smoothly. I'd love to get him of course, but I can't see him leaving a comfortable, low-expectations gig like Bama, and jump into the post-JB fire at Syracuse.
In any case, its likely to be Red or GMac getting the keys to this program, so all this is just fan speculation anyway..

Forget about Syracuse which I think is a Ferrari in terms of college jobs. Only one guy having it for 50 years doesn't mean no one else can win here.

Focus on Alabama. They are Duke Football or Kentucky Football. Period. Make a Sweet 16 and the fanbase is happy but cares more about the spring game and football recruiting.

I think hes peaking at that job and might want to make a move to a better one ASAP. Hows he going to elevate them to Kentucky level when the fans won't even care if he wins more? At best hes just Tennessee or Florida. Wade and Pearl make that conference kind of tough at the top unless he wins the entire NCAA tournament hes just another LSU or AUburn. They won't fire him if he slips but then his stock will drop and he won't be a guy in the running for every big job.

UB>Bama>Cuse is a good progression. He probably has a personality that won't give a that JB is still looming around. (I think JB will work for ESPN and be a great commentator after he retires FWIW.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom