Pitino as transitional hire to raise SU's profile | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pitino as transitional hire to raise SU's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at this point Pitino would be my 3rd call...

1st Jay Wright - Never will happen but I have to check and do my job as an AD
2nd Nate Oats - Give him anything he wants in terms of money
3rd Pitino

Boeheim is going to handpick his successor dean smith-style...

Pitino recruited/offered Quadir Copeland and Peter Carey.

Emoji Think GIF

Really need to get rid of these deluded ideas Mark Few will leave Gonzaga, a program he took next level when his whole's family's infrastructure is in Pacific Northwest...He owns property in Idaho...We aren't paying him 7.5 M to leave Gonzaga...Also please stop with the tropes of Jay Wright...He's not leaving the Cushy Philly suburbs for Syracuse, New York. Jay Wright may be an example of a coach archetype we target...when he was at Hofstra for 6 years, and he interviewed well for Nova program with a legendary coach who was on a sharp decline...We may better off going outside the program for a coach in the A10 or Horizon League think Dennis Gates type guy. It's probably between Red and Gerry because of JAB3. Please stop with Mike Hopkins. He straight up up stunk the past 2.5 years at Washington. Winning 5 games in the weak Pac12 is pathetic. But because half this board are sentimental geriatrics who remembers how gutsy of a player he was, he's the best fit. Mind you when JAB was out, Hopkins blew games. The 2-3 zone is a gimmick now that only seems to work in NCAA tournament nowadays. Kids idolize Stephen Curry, and the shooting the past 10 years has become markedly better in the college game. This board needs a reality check of what the budget is, who we can afford. But I'll get castigated by the old guard on here who golfs at Drumlins with JAB and Turningstone that Few actually wants this job.

You all are playing checkers. I can’t believe I need to spell this out. JB is retiring after this year when the nepotrain stops. Syracuse will hire Coach K to take over at that point. Gerry will be fired (finally) and his spot will be taken by Roy Williams. Jay Wright will be pissed of course as he’s seen himself as the obvious heir apparent for over 10 years now, but he will still be there when K retires from Syracuse (or after Coach Cal’s tenure ends post K, either way).

You all are playing checkers. I can’t believe I need to spell this out. JB is retiring after this year when the nepotrain stops. Syracuse will hire Coach K to take over at that point. Gerry will be fired (finally) and his spot will be taken by Roy Williams. Jay Wright will be pissed of course as he’s seen himself as the obvious heir apparent for over 10 years now, but he will still be there when K retires from Syracuse (or after Coach Cal’s tenure ends post K, either way).
This assumes that JB decides to retire before his new vibranium body is complete. I mean YEAH- all of those coaches are great; but can they FLY?

So - the program with 2 strikes already (or four fouls, if we’re sticking to college hoops analogies) is gonna go out and hire the Walking Show-Cause, Slick Rick the Quick?

That’ll definitely solve the Cuse hoops issues -
By totally nuking Cuse hoops off of the face of the earth.

What could possibly go wrong?

At some point spaghetti and car leases from 30 years ago shouldn't be held over this program's head.

But yeah, Ricky is never coming.

Yeah, it’s not gonna happen- I get it. Wildhack doesn’t have the balls to go for it, & I can see many in our fanbase getting the vapors because (gasp), “we hired Rick Pitino…that Bad Bad man”!
But man, think of the earthquake that hire would cause. We’d be the talk of college basketball, our recruiting would immediately explode, & with the transfer portal…we’d be a major factor in less than 2 years! Winning cures all ills, & love him or hate him, Slick Rick wins wherever he goes.
All the tisk tisking in the world doesn’t change the fact that cbb has changed. We either adapt and except the change, or we expire. JMHO

Last edited:
So - the program with 2 strikes already (or four fouls, if we’re sticking to college hoops analogies) is gonna go out and hire the Walking Show-Cause, Slick Rick the Quick?

That’ll definitely solve the Cuse hoops issues -
By totally nuking Cuse hoops off of the face of the earth.

What could possibly go wrong?
What do we have to fear? The only things you can get popped for now are modifying papers and not following your self-imposed, optional drug testing protocols. You can recruit with $ and favors now as long as you call it an NIL.

At some point spaghetti and car leases from 30 years ago shouldn't be held over this program's head.

But yeah, Ricky is never coming.
It was really good spaghetti.

If that is the case then our next coach will get poached for an equal or lesser job should they win here.
That is why you hire from within.
Pitino, LOL unless u like Safari suits and a coach who cheats on his wife on top of a table in a restaurant, not to mention paying hookers for recruits. This is a small world and I know more about Pitino than any of you. barf.

Really need to get rid of these deluded ideas Mark Few will leave Gonzaga, a program he took next level when his whole's family's infrastructure is in Pacific Northwest...He owns property in Idaho...We aren't paying him 7.5 M to leave Gonzaga...Also please stop with the tropes of Jay Wright...He's not leaving the Cushy Philly suburbs for Syracuse, New York. Jay Wright may be an example of a coach archetype we target...when he was at Hofstra for 6 years, and he interviewed well for Nova program with a legendary coach who was on a sharp decline...We may better off going outside the program for a coach in the A10 or Horizon League think Dennis Gates type guy. It's probably between Red and Gerry because of JAB3. Please stop with Mike Hopkins. He straight up up stunk the past 2.5 years at Washington. Winning 5 games in the weak Pac12 is pathetic. But because half this board are sentimental geriatrics who remembers how gutsy of a player he was, he's the best fit. Mind you when JAB was out, Hopkins blew games. The 2-3 zone is a gimmick now that only seems to work in NCAA tournament nowadays. Kids idolize Stephen Curry, and the shooting the past 10 years has become markedly better in the college game. This board needs a reality check of what the budget is, who we can afford. But I'll get castigated by the old guard on here who golfs at Drumlins with JAB and Turningstone that Few actually wants this job.

Check your Sarcasm Meter- it needs a tune-up.

That is why you hire from within.
Pitino, LOL unless u like Safari suits and a coach who cheats on his wife on top of a table in a restaurant, not to mention paying hookers for recruits. This is a small world and I know more about Pitino than any of you. barf.
We'd be hiring him to coach basketball, not be a member of the clergy.

I don't agree with some of your posts.....but this ^^^ is spot on. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom