Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel

funniest thing is that the pitt ad is paying a search firm ... to give them an obvious list of out of work retreads
they should hire me. i'll do it like a gambling tip line, offering the first two names for free: nova assistant ashley howard & bucknell head coach nathan davis

/Crean rooster pic
Alright, fine.
It's go time.
63FC8B00-CB7C-46B8-B4D1-1DAFDEC3F35A-1097-000000D33FA5FF34.jpg
25BE6C3F-E603-4DE3-91C9-DF76832C1603-1097-000000D3491F3C42.jpg

I would love to approach the Pitt AD after the meeting with Crean and ask him “how’d you make out?” If he gets all nervous, you know It went well and Crean will likely be hired and possibly a new boyfriend.

Crean isn't a bad coach, thought he kinda got the shaft at IU and turned that program around very quickly.

I don't see why he couldn't get Pitt up to the Dixon levels again and quite quick. Not sure that's really great to cheer on, I'd rather see them suck.

Yea. Crean has a definite ceiling, and he’s not going to be a top-5 (and maybe even a top half) coach in the acc. Also he is weird. But he is a big step up over the fired coach whose name I have already forgotten except that it’s kevin because he looks like Kevin from the office. I would expect crean to have them back in the tournament in three years or so (the next coach there is going to have a huge lift no matter who it is).

Think people are over-reacting a little to the dude-is-really-odd thing.

Crean Pros:
- Can recruit
-Plays up tempo running style
- Has had a decent amount of success

Cons:
- Defense is not his game
- Has no clue against zones
- Prone to say some dumb stuff to media

But he's a big upgrade over Stallings.
He is not a college level coach. He is bad.

Apparently Crean to Georgia. Darn
Pitt could be a good spot for the right coach. Although they have historically not done well in the post season, they have had some really good regular seasons and have had some good players in their program. Stallings was just a terrible hire that just about anyone should do better. Guys like Will Brown from Albany or Mark Schmidt from Bonaventure. Not sure they will be able to attract more of a name coach than those guys. They are in a tough situation right now.

Pitt could be a good spot for the right coach. Although they have historically not done well in the post season, they have had some really good regular seasons and have had some good players in their program. Stallings was just a terrible hire that just about anyone should do better. Guys like Will Brown from Albany or Mark Schmidt from Bonaventure. Not sure they will be able to attract more of a name coach than those guys. They are in a tough situation right now.
agree. i threw bucknell coach nathan davis' name into the mix the other day, along with nova assistant ashley howard. those are guys with pennsylvania roots and connections in the local recruiting scene. i think pitt would be better served getting someone young & building from scratch rather than going with another "name" retread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom