Pitt Game - Yankee Stadium | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Game - Yankee Stadium

Louie and Bouie

Starter
Pre-game bar that usually hosts Cuse fans? Heading down and trying to find a good pre-game spot.

Pre-game bar that usually hosts Cuse fans? Heading down and trying to find a good pre-game spot.
Billy’s will have lots of SU fans and some of the loudest music you will ever hear in a bar.

Will be great November weather -- so for anyone driving it will also be good for tailgating. Although it never works for the late December Pinstripe Bowls, I recall tailgating outside for ND (2018) on the rooftop of one of the parking garages.

1699410162556.png

Stan’s is the SU bar. Pitt will be at Billy’s.
So...Billy's will be empty?

Do we think Pitt will bring 100 fans to the game?

That seems really optimistic for that fanbase. This year especially.

;)

Getting on ferry now from my new home in the Rockaways - should be at the Yankee Tavern by 12:30pm. Will then hit Stan's around 1:30pm, so hope to see a lot of you today.

I don’t think this game was ever going to be rocking

Syracuse fans were generally very upset about this game being at Yankee Stadium
Oh I know. I’m one of them. But I live closer to this game. And I know the alums in the NYC area would turned out for another 5k fans easily. Know many who don’t go to football games or back up to Cuse who had planned on going before team fell apart. A good team and younger alums would have shown up too. People waited on buying tix.

Oh I know. I’m one of them. But I live closer to this game. And I know the alums in the NYC area would turned out for another 5k fans easily. Know many who don’t go to football games or back up to Cuse who had planned on going before team fell apart. A good team and younger alums would have shown up too. People waited on buying tix.

The NYC cuse fans for football is the biggest myth out there

If it was basketball, 10000% different story

The NYC cuse fans for football is the biggest myth out there

If it was basketball, 10000% different story
There are enough bandwagon fans for a fall football game in November at Yankee Stadium. Lots of young alums in the city who are happy to get drunk and watch a game if it’s not half bad. It’s less about them being football crazy and more just liking an event. I know quite a few of them. And know many who are still going because they don’t get to attend Syracuse football games very often.

The Yankees didn’t agree to the economics of the game expecting 22k. They thought it would draw better, too.

The reality is the Dome would have been quiet today for this game with where both teams are. And we got a guarantee. I suspect the next deal isn’t as good and won’t happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom