Pittfalls Postgame... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pittfalls Postgame...

Both are quad 1 wins. I don't know what they are talking about. I know Oregon was a quad 1 win and I don't know if that changes as the season goes on.
Changes if teams ranking changes

The quad wins should count for what that team was at the time you played them. Not what they could be
While I don’t disagree it would require having an accurate computer model at the start of the season, which is basically impossible. In reality they shouldn’t release the NET rankings until Feb 1, similar to how the CFP rankings work

I know we don't get the crowds we used to, but what happened to the Pitt fans? Place looked so empty.
the changes to NCAABB over the last decades have watered down the product.

NIL and going pro early might be what players want but it hurts the sport.

good players playing 4 years for the same school created a much higher level of play than the current dynamic of one and dones and multiple transfers per career.

I thought ACC refs only frown upon that when it’s a coach from outside Tobacco Road.
He went out on the court during play - pretty obvious he deserved it but didn’t stop and was being held back by assistants.

Oregon is just outside of the top 50 (the range of a neutral court win to be considered Q1)
Pitt is just inside the top 75 (the range of a road win to be considered Q1)

Pitt won't be there tomorrow (top 75), but like Oregon these are games that will be on the borders likely all year of Q1/Q2.

Either way a Q2 Road win is a good win.

Maybe we shouldn't have beaten them. Then our win would count more. :confused:

One more reason why credit for a win should be based on where the opponent was ranked at the time.

The quad wins should count for what that team was at the time you played them. Not what they could be
What? So if you played a team like Michigan state when they were top 15 you should get credit for a Quad 1 win even though they’re garbage and might not break .500? That doesn’t make any sense

Edit: actually bad example, they’re still ungodly high in the net

Start to finish this was our best game of the year.
-JJ was sublime. Obviously, he hit his shots. Just as importantly, he took good care of the ball, and I actually had more confidence with him with the ball in his hands late in the game than I did with Judah.
-Who thought we were going to win the game if Maliq had two points and five rebounds?
-Big bounce back game for Justin Taylor. Those threes were huge and he had some very important rebounds. Also moved well on defense. Good to see him come back after perhaps the worst game of his Syracuse career although you could say that about a lot of kids the other day.
-likewise Benny played much better today. It’s amazing how much better he shoots when he puts arc on the ball. Had some really athletic rebounds and a huge block.
-Judah seemed kind of skittish late with the ball. Wasn’t dribbling with a ton of confidence and made some bad decisions. But he did make some critical free throws as he usually does and played 39 hard minutes and remarkably had 9 boards.
-Big picture this says a lot about Red as a coach. Coming off of the abortion at North Carolina, he had this team ready to play and they played confidently and hard. I was a little surprised that he didn’t put Bell back in late in the second half but that is nitpicking.
-terrific win gives us some serious momentum against a good but gettable Miami team this weekend at the dome. We need the rest of the fans to match the students and get a great crowd in there.

Well, this won't be a quad 1 win because that team may not win again this year.
cant beleive Pitt is 1-5 in the ACC! yikes

theyre pretty good to have that poor of a record...but it also shows how shtty the quad system is if they are a quad 1.

Sorry Naheem got hurt-
but honestly I'm liking center by committee better at this point.

So if a team opens the season number 1 in the Net and then loses 25 straight games you should be rewarded with a quad 1 win for beating them in some early season tournament?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom