Player Recovery/Wellness - Room for Improvement? | Syracusefan.com

Player Recovery/Wellness - Room for Improvement?

Lukeyloo

Reigning 2004 Syracuse CYO Free Throw Champ
I know there's plenty of talk on here of dietary nutrition/physical therapy for the FB program and how SU might be lacking in that area. So I was wondering if anyone in the know here is aware, to what extent, the program's offerings are for PT/recovery to players?

I bring this up because Captivate Wellness, an IV wellness practice in Dewitt, had Matthew Bergeron as a patient during the season (not breaking HIPAA as he allowed them to post about it on social media) , but it seemed to be of his own doing and not something coordinated by the athletic department. So based on that I have to imagine the program isn't utilizing this recovery method which is a shame because it's a pretty cheap and easy way to assist in the players health and injury or "owie" recovery.

This is all to say that I think it's another example of the program's larger shortcomings with regard to player health and development. I have to imagine other programs explore and implement all available options to keep their players in tip-top shape. The fact that Bergeron has to seek out an easy treatment that could and should be made available by the athletic department to players provides further evidence of how they're not keeping up.

For a program that consistently sees a large amount of injuries, it seems to me that they should be providing the players with all available treatments to keep them as healthy as possible. I hope they start working on improving player health/development this offseason.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom