Players i would like to see tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

Players i would like to see tomorrow

kcsu

Living Legend
Assuming SU has the game in hand early i hope that Fran provides the following position groups and players significant playing time. Here a few of the players i would like to see.

Ross Simmons.
Johnson at QB and Williams at QB
Tremble
Wohlabaugh and the entire second-string OL
Willis
Nwokocha and some of the other DL kids
Goddard at LB
Clement.

Assuming SU has the game in hand early i hope that Fran provides the following position groups and players significant playing time. Here a few of the players i would like to see.

Ross Simmons.
Johnson at QB and Williams at QB
Tremble
Wohlabaugh and the entire second-string OL
Willis
Nwokocha and some of the other DL kids
Goddard at LB
Clement.

Is Wohlabaugh even practicing yet?

they said he was full go 2 weeks ago

11 days ago at the pre-Stanford press conference it sounded like he's practicing but it doesn't sound like full go. From the syr.com article:

Brown also provided an update on offensive lineman David Wohlabaugh, who has yet to see game action and is not on the depth chart after facing a spring setback in his recovery from a broken fibula suffered last season.

Brown said he talked with Wohlabaugh, the training staff, offensive line coach Dale Williams and Wohlabaugh’s parents Sunday “about making sure he’s pushing back to where he needs to be.”

11 days ago at the pre-Stanford press conference it didn't really sound like that. From the syr.com article:

Brown also provided an update on offensive lineman David Wohlabaugh, who has yet to see game action and is not on the depth chart after facing a spring setback in his recovery from a broken fibula suffered last season.

Brown said he talked with Wohlabaugh, the training staff, offensive line coach Dale Williams and Wohlabaugh’s parents Sunday “about making sure he’s pushing back to where he needs to be.”
The entire 2nd half Willis and James at running back. Get our Freshman QB some run.

I’m sure a lot of people will play, what I want to see is 290 rushing, 390 passing , 59pts, less than 50 allowed rushing, less than 100 passing, and a shut out.

Are you trying to use gimmick pricing?

300 rushing, 400 passing, 60 points.

Although unless Holy Cross has a good punter and is good at not turning the ball over, those numbers will be hard to achieve. Need bad field position to get all the yards.

I’m sure a lot of people will play, what I want to see is 290 rushing, 390 passing , 59pts, less than 50 allowed rushing, less than 100 passing, and a shut out.
This, especially the rushing stats, on both sides of the ball

For a 26 pt spread we'll be lucky to see the starters benched after the 3rd quarter. Not sure our defense will be getting a lot of 3 and outs.

As long as we beat the 28.5 point spread, ;-) i would like to see all of these guys.

Is ZMG even healthy? We have heard nothing about him since the start of the season and he has not been on any of the depth charts. Don't think any reporters have ever asked about him. He looked really good in the spring game and I thought he was in line to be 2nd team behind Wax i thought.

As long as we beat the 28.5 point spread, ;-) i would like to see all of these guys.

Is ZMG even healthy? We have heard nothing about him since the start of the season and he has not been on any of the depth charts. Don't think any reporters have ever asked about him. He looked really good in the spring game and I thought he was in line to be 2nd team behind Wax i thought.
I never bet, not in many years since I have had kids, they drained all my money. Anyway, I just opened a Draft Kings account and bet on SU to cover. So, either it is a slam dunk or I just screwed us over and we will win by 28 or 27

I never bet, not in many years since I have had kids, they drained all my money. Anyway, I just opened a Draft Kings account and bet on SU to cover. So, either it is a slam dunk or I just screwed us over and we will win by 28 or 27
Yeah. Opening a new account is free money. That is what I did a couple years ago and still playing with their money. I just bet small and do it for fun. I'm just a tad over even at the moment. But if its not something your really want to do much just bet it all on a game you think is almost a for sure win, even though they never obviously are. And If you win you can take your money out. If you lose, you really didn't lose anything.

what about the frosh Rb from Jersey
That's James, he and Willis both need to get a lot of run. We need to find speed, and a player who can run through some tackles which would be Willis.

It was indefensible. That Wagner team may have been the worst college football team I have ever seen
It was professional malpractice for Babers to leave Tucker in when he was banged up already with the calf/foot/ankle from the Louisville game. Then he reaggravated it on the last play he was in vs. Wagner. He was never the same the rest of the year, could never accelerate like the year before. It was a big reason we went 1-5 down the stretch. And he left in Shrader who had a propensity for getting hurt. Complete irresponsibility, to chase a record vs. a FCS team who we were beating by 50 points.

I agree with your list but I will add something I don't want to see - a repeat of the Sean Tucker/Wagner situation. How come people defended that is still beyond me.

I was more pissed about Mac playing Ted Gregory vs Colgate when it was like 50-0. Tore his knee up and ruined his career.

I was more pissed about Mac playing Ted Gregory vs Colgate when it was like 50-0. Tore his knee up and ruined his career.
I would agree, but that was when I first starting being a hardcore fan and while I remember it, I was too young to fully appreciate it when it happened,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom