Please clear up the issues | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Please clear up the issues

Not saying I will send money to collective, but still have issues with where and how my money will be spent. Can people who donated get a refund if their money goes to the N.Texas transfer, instead of Jesse? I guess if I donate $5 to a collective, I then have the right to complain about NIL on this board, otherwise not. I pay taxes because I have to, knowing that a significant portion goes to waste. But, collective donations aren't mandatory, and at the present, I'm still not ready to take the plunge.

Last edited:
People here would blush if shown what Girard was making in NIL.

You don’t give it just because you have it. SU’s learning, adjusting, accumulating and reallocating

There’s a difference between nil and NIL. Joe did very well with the nil. But it’s work too and working with the branding people. Just off the top of my head, he sold his merch, made several guest appearances, ran at least 2 basketball camps for kids, partnered with Dunkin doughnuts and I’m sure a few others I’m forgetting. Rumor, and it’s only rumor, is that he was able to make about $100k. Similar to Buddy the previous year. No idea what Joe got in NIL.

Not saying I will send money to collective, but still have issues with where and how my money will be spent. Can people who donated get a refund if there money goes to the N.Texas transfer, instead of Jesse? I guess if I donate $5 to a collective, I then have the right to complain about NIL on this board, otherwise not. I pay taxes because I have to, knowing that a significant portion goes to waste. But, collective donations aren't mandatory, and at the present, I'm still not ready to take the plunge.

You’re just complaining for the sake of complaining.

And I bet you can note that you want your $$$ to go to specific player.

There’s a difference between nil and NIL. Joe did very well with the nil. But it’s work too and working with the branding people. Just off the top of my head, he sold his merch, made several guest appearances, ran at least 2 basketball camps for kids, partnered with Dunkin doughnuts and I’m sure a few others I’m forgetting. Rumor, and it’s only rumor, is that he was able to make about $100k. Similar to Buddy the previous year. No idea what Joe got in NIL.

And just to be clear where my head is at and has been, I am 100% for nil, 100% against NIL. NIL and nil are my way of differentiating between what was intended as name, image and likeness and what it has greatly become which is pay to play.

I think Joe was doing commercials for Romano cars.

I could have sworn that I saw Spallina in a commercial yesterday.

I think Joe was doing commercials for Romano cars.

I could have sworn that I saw Spallina in a commercial yesterday.

Don’t remember if Joe did, but spallina did yesterday.

What’s Ruiz up too?
He owns MSP recovery which is some health care reimbursement company he owns. He took that and used it to make a Lifewallet which is a subsidiary of this healthcare company, which if anybody has knowledge how Wong or or Pack help advertise Lifewallet at all I would love to see it. Then he placed 10million a year in that company specifically for NIL purposes. All "legal" but its a smoke and mirrors thing. That's the type of thing Syracuse needs to feel comfortable with, or be ok losing. And people can say whatever they want, I don't know Adam Weitsman personally but that's the type of guy who a University needs in the worst way, big time College sports is for better or worse a dirty, money hungry, business and Billionaires are vary important in this business.

Not saying I will send money to collective, but still have issues with where and how my money will be spent. Can people who donated get a refund if their money goes to the N.Texas transfer, instead of Jesse? I guess if I donate $5 to a collective, I then have the right to complain about NIL on this board, otherwise not. I pay taxes because I have to, knowing that a significant portion goes to waste. But, collective donations aren't mandatory, and at the present, I'm still not ready to take the plunge.
I've been told that if you specify which player(s) you would like to support in the personal note section, they will ensure that player is offered an opportunity. Now that player may say, "no thanks. I don't want to put in 2 hours at the Boys Club." Don't think they will refund your money in that case. On the other hand I have been told that every eligible mens basketball player received something from the 315 Foundation this year.
If you want to do something specific with an individual player, get registered on the Accelerate platform and offer a specific player $xxx to do a Cameo, or video on the TikTok for you.

I love what some schools are doing by providing a menu to NIL opportunities on their websites. Someone else on the board posted this one from Providence a while back and it has been brought to the attention of the relevant people at SU:

He owns MSP recovery which is some health care reimbursement company he owns. He took that and used it to make a Lifewallet which is a subsidiary of this healthcare company, which if anybody has knowledge how Wong or or Pack help advertise Lifewallet at all I would love to see it. Then he placed 10million a year in that company specifically for NIL purposes. All "legal" but its a smoke and mirrors thing. That's the type of thing Syracuse needs to feel comfortable with, or be ok losing. And people can say whatever they want, I don't know Adam Weitsman personally but that's the type of guy who a University needs in the worst way, big time College sports is for better or worse a dirty, money hungry, business and Billionaires are vary important in this business.

What I meant is how come we don’t hear about him anymore? After last years major football hall that was ranked 7th best in the country, how are they doing so far this year? (Two 3 stars). How are his companies doing?

College sports were built on ‘cheating’ from the jump. You play the game everybody else is playing or lose. The 90’s infractions, for example, were BAU in that era at virtually every school that cared about sports. You just hope you don’t get caught and you definitely never self-report, ever.

What I meant is how come we don’t hear about him anymore? After last years major football hall that was ranked 7th best in the country, how are they doing so far this year? (Two 3 stars). How are his companies doing?
they are in the lead to get the number 1 running back in the country, i would say thats a nice addition if they do.

Well I heard the number we offered Edwards and apparently we can offer other players more tthan that number. It was well north of what Weitsman ever gave to one player.
End of the day it just shows how weak Syracuse is when it comes to NIL. Jesse probably doesn't leave if it was only a $50,000 bump from someone. And theres more than just 1 school who will give Jesse significantly more than Syracuse could. Syracuse alum and boosters are peanuts when it comes to some other schools.

Yep because all the wealthy alumni decide to settle down in Syracuse...SU has some very well off alumni. Not sure of their appetite to donate it to athletes but the money is there.
Regardless of where they reside, where are they when other schools are flashing their dollar bills and we got nothing to show for. If I was a Syracuse alum I would be embarrassed.

End of the day it just shows how weak Syracuse is when it comes to NIL. Jesse probably doesn't leave if it was only a $50,000 bump from someone. And theres more than just 1 school who will give Jesse significantly more than Syracuse could. Syracuse alum and boosters are peanuts when it comes to some other schools.

Regardless of where they reside, where are they when other schools are flashing their dollar bills and we got nothing to show for. If I was a Syracuse alum I would be embarrassed.
It was a lot more than 50,000, but you know all.

I've been told that if you specify which player(s) you would like to support in the personal note section, they will ensure that player is offered an opportunity. Now that player may say, "no thanks. I don't want to put in 2 hours at the Boys Club." Don't think they will refund your money in that case. On the other hand I have been told that every eligible mens basketball player received something from the 315 Foundation this year.
If you want to do something specific with an individual player, get registered on the Accelerate platform and offer a specific player $xxx to do a Cameo, or video on the TikTok for you.

I love what some schools are doing by providing a menu to NIL opportunities on their websites. Someone else on the board posted this one from Providence a while back and it has been brought to the attention of the relevant people at SU:

Syracuse added this functionality recently as well.

The three icons below each player are links to their Twitter, Instagram and Inflctr accounts. Players not set up on some of these social media platforms will have those icons missing.

Just following a player on Twitter or Instagram helps make a player more marketable and 'worth more' in terms of social media marketability. If you have no money but want to help players, this is a good place to start.

You can propose NIL opportunities to a given Syracuse athlete through the Inflctr links.

The same links have been added to the SU football player roster, except they also have added links to player Tiktoc accounts there.

AW was not doing this. I'm sure if the situation warranted it, the university would have handled the situation differently.

they are in the lead to get the number 1 running back in the country, i would say thats a nice addition if they do.

You’re missing the broader point. He’s gone radio silent and according to Miami fans they wonder what his support is now.

They await your $1m donation so they don’t appear weak.

Syracuse added this functionality recently as well.

The three icons below each player are links to their Twitter, Instagram and Inflctr accounts. Players not set up on some of these social media platforms will have those icons missing.

Just following a player on Twitter or Instagram helps make a player more marketable and 'worth more' in terms of social media marketability. If you have no money but want to help players, this is a good place to start.

You can propose NIL opportunities to a given Syracuse athlete through the Inflctr links.

The same links have been added to the SU football player roster, except they also have added links to player Tiktoc accounts there.

Excellent post Tom. Hope people read yours and Consigs posts.

People here would blush if shown what Girard was making in NIL.

You don’t give it just because you have it. SU’s learning, adjusting, accumulating and reallocating
Because it's so much or so little?

It was a lot more than 50,000, but you know all.
Thats my point, Syracuse wasn’t even close is what I am trying to say. If Syracuse offered $500k and other schools were willing to pay $550k, theres a good chance Jesse just stays at Syracuse. Him leaving shows Syracuse wasn’t even close

Thats my point, Syracuse wasn’t even close is what I am trying to say. If Syracuse offered $500k and other schools were willing to pay $550k, theres a good chance Jesse just stays at Syracuse. Him leaving shows Syracuse wasn’t even close
Lol the other schools were north of that. And he better be sure it’s a strong offer. Lots of chicanery going on in the portal.

You are trying to oversimplify things a great deal vs what actually happened. Let's see how things shake out with our current portal targets.

I love the Cameo or TikTok video idea. Don't have a business and want your money to go to specific player? Request they do that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom