PLEASE start Grant in the BET!!! | Syracusefan.com

PLEASE start Grant in the BET!!!

Grant for starter over South??

• Absolutely, get some inside presence for our shooting percentage-poor team!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Let's play this bombs away thing out.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zcuse

Walk On
I watch this board on the football side FAR more often, so forgive me if this topic has been covered multiple times. But if it hasn't...
The James Southerland starter era needs to be over. Jerami Grant played lights out (for a freshman) during the suspension, and will only get better (and was doing so game by game). James is a great sixth man, to light a fire if we need a spark (if he happens to be on- which is increasingly less often). Nice guy, but a one trick pony who's trick hasn't been "happening" lately as the season's wear and tear on his legs have betrayed his stroke.

How can we watch two guards and James all on the perimeter throwing it around for any longer??? With Grant inside (a forward who can play inside- what a treasure), the Guards were getting easier assists on their drives, etc. I think it will help Triche, when he takes it to the hole to break out of his funk; and can't possibly be worse than the product we're seeing lately.

PLEASE Coach B, please play Grant Starter minutes. This team is going nowhere as it is, running the O through South. Let's go back to the lineup for some of our best wins of the season ("L'Ville and the I-rash). If nothing else, Grant will be better for it come next year (like Warrick was after that NIT run his Freshman year)...

Never gonna happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Grant should get some more minutes than he is right now. But let's face it, if this team is going to make a serious run in the tournament, Southerland is going to be a big reason why. I love Grant and think he will be a great player for us, but now is not his time. When Southerland is on he's one of the best 3pt shooters in the nation, and he has the ability to carry the offense. Grant will be the man soon enough, but our best chance to make a run is with JS. Right now Jerami is a nice niche player, he would probably put up 8-10 points and get 6-7 boards per game if he got 32-35 minutes. Those are nice stats, but those aren't winning games, we would not have beaten GTown or Louisville if Grant got JS's minutes. We need Southerland.

Grant really looks lost out there these days on both ends. The one thing he can give you is some rebounding. He is more willing to go in for a tough rebound than James will ever be. We just need James in there to stretch the D and pray they go in.

Agree, always thought James was a great sixth man. A guy who can come in and light a fire. Grant should start but probably won't.

Agree, always thought James was a great sixth man. A guy who can come in and light a fire. Grant should start but probably won't.

I'd prefer to see Southerland come off the bench. That's what he's used to, and that's where he's excelled in the past. He plays starters minutes anyway, but let's get the team flowing back in a comfort zone by not switching things up.

BTW, I felt the same way around this time last year, when sixth man CJ Fair began starting out of the blue ahead of Rak--and immediately struggled.

Before the horrible post St. John's play, there wasn't much difference between winning with Grant or Southerland starting. I firmly believe this is mental right now. Remember that this team beat #1 Louisville in the Yum Center. Boeheim has to pull this team back together. If he can the talent is there to win.

You should know better...lol...Grant will not start. Would I like to see it happen...Yes I would, I'd like to see what James could do off the bench.

Grant really looks lost out there these days on both ends. The one thing he can give you is some rebounding. He is more willing to go in for a tough rebound than James will ever be. We just need James in there to stretch the D and pray they go in.
Grant is also a better defender than JS. JB said he is the best freshman defender he's ever coached.

Regardless if he starts or not, best poll of the season. Hands down.

I just hope we use the bench alot on Wed. & Thur, if we are fortunate enough to get another crack against GTown. IMO it will be a long Friday night if CJ, MCW & BT go 38 minutes the first two days. I'm not counting on JB to change his philosphy as he never changes anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom