Poll: positive or negative | Syracusefan.com

Poll: positive or negative

Orangetradition44

2nd String
After today's game...

Who has a positive outlook on what this team can accomplish?

And who has a negative outlook?

And did today's game change your overall impression?

I just got back from 2 pop Warner games and I'm watching the Dvr'd game... I like what I see so far :)45 in 1st)... Damn, I was typing this just before the NW pint return :)

Positive.

I like the offense.

I liked most of the defense (we got soft at a bad time).

Punt coverage needs some work.

Players could have quit down 35-13 but didn't.

Oops, you're still watching on DVR. Forget the part about us being down 35-13. :D

overall positive .. especially without Lemon , Pugh .. mistakes can be avoided .. if so we win going away

I know what happens. But I heard we scored 41 points and gained 600 yards, so I wanted to watch the game and see how we played.

Ok. I'm positive on offense. We showed something I have not seen in 10 years. Don't think we huddled once. Positive on defense. Think there is room for improvement too. Special teams still sucks, not sure why we're coaching it by committee. It lost games for us last year (multiple games) and contributed heavily to this losss.

Clearly positive. The team has the look of a bowl team. We outplayed a middling big 10 team pretty significantly. Mistakes killed us but overall we looked the part of a pretty good team on both sides of the ball. The USC game comes at an awful time though. Wish we had stony brook next week to gain some confidence.

Positive overall but we have got to stop beating ourselves. These are not freshmen that are making these bonehead plays. The staff needs to tighten up discipline and make sure these guys have their heads in the game. We have a come a long way but we have a long way to go.

Also think we ran out of shotgun all game. Can't remember Nassib under center for any play. Even when trudo came in for macky we kept running the gun

More positive than negative ... cautious optimism

would like to see Loeb, Broyld or Hunt get some snaps this year for spits and giggles in appropriate situations

Definitely positive. We absolutely outplayed Northwestern today. The offense moved the ball well. The defense kept their offense in check for the vast majority of the game.

Only negatives really were the penalties, our kicker, and punt coverage.

I really think it's just too early to say, especially with the difficult schedule that lies ahead. NW, to me, is not a very good football team...I don't see them having a better than .500 record when it's all said and done...that's my $.02.

Definitely positive. We absolutely outplayed Northwestern today. The offense moved the ball well. The defense kept their offense in check for the vast majority of the game.

Only negatives really were the penalties, our kicker, and punt coverage.

What exactly was the problem with the punter? Most teams like 56 yard punts. You are listening to those nitwits on ESPN2 too closely. The coverage was a problem, obviously, as were all the mental mistakes / penalties.

What exactly was the problem with the punter? Most teams like 56 yard punts. You are listening to those nitwits on ESPN2 too closely. The coverage was a problem, obviously, as were all the mental mistakes / penalties.

I said punt coverage, not the punter.

I said punt coverage, not the punter.

I thought you meant "punter" when you wrote "kicker". I'll take exception to that too. He was 2 for 3 and missed a 44-yarder. About par for college football. This isn't the NFL, you know.

Positive. Obviously, minus the penalties, and acknowledging the under thrown balls, I love the offense.

On the negative side, again, we looked unprepared in a season opener.

I thought you meant "punter" when you wrote "kicker". I'll take exception to that too. He was 2 for 3 and missed a 44-yarder. About par for college football. This isn't the NFL, you know.

He was ok today, but being there and watching him in warmups and everything, he flat out isn't a good kicker. The entire dome knew he was going to miss the 40 yarder before he even kicked it and then when he actually kicked it it came off ugly.

He was ok today, but being there and watching him in warmups and everything, he flat out isn't a good kicker. The entire dome knew he was going to miss the 40 yarder before he even kicked it and then when he actually kicked it it came off ugly.

The entire dome? My whole section oohed and ahhed when he made a 52 yarded during warmups. Since he is the best in the BE and one of the best in the country, I hate to see what other teams have.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Positive. Because this team needed to show one thing: improvement. And it did.

That said, there are negatives:
-the lack of discipline leading to penalties is awful
-the organization (3 substitution penalties) is jut not acceptable anymore
-our defense still cannot tackle

So I'm positive, but I'm coming from a place where I thought last ears team was horrible. Literally horrible (and that means talent, coaching [minus Schaeffer], scheme, execution).

But there is no doubt this team is better. Should we have won today? Yep. Were we out-talented? Probably not (first time you can say that in awhile). Are the problems we had today correctable (in season)? Yes.

I've never been anti-Marrone because I want him to succeed for the story it could become. But the next thing he needs to show is the ability to clean the game up.

44cuse

The entire dome? My whole section oohed and ahhed when he made a 52 yarded during warmups. Since he is the best in the BE and one of the best in the country, I hate to see what other teams have.

I really hope he isn't one of the best in the country, or the NFL is gonna get ugly once the current crop of NFL kickers retire.

Clearly positive. The team has the look of a bowl team. We outplayed a middling big 10 team pretty significantly. Mistakes killed us but overall we looked the part of a pretty good team on both sides of the ball. The USC game comes at an awful time though. Wish we had stony brook next week to gain some confidence.

You raised a great point with your last sentence. I thought the team overall definitely outplayed NW but unfortunately SU had one of those classic syracuse games where despite leading in every category and dominating the opponent we shot ourselves in the foot and made to many self inflicted mistakes. A winnable game next week as you noted could have been a great confidence builder and allowed us to get the taste of this loss out of our mouths. USC next week is probably the worst matchup we could have asked for.

Definitely positive.

Overall positive but this one really hurt.

What I do not like:

-Constant stupid penalties. This has been a recurring theme during DM's tenure and is very disconcerting.
-Punt and KO coverage. This better be fixed asap or ESPN is going to be showing highlights of USC's returners taking it to the house
- The O went into snooze mood in the 2d Quarter and on the last drive. Hot and cold play calling
- Hate hate hate the piss poor zone coverage on the last NW drive. Killed us. The corners were playing 15 yds. off. You have the personel to play press coverage. Use them. This is another recurring problem. It doesn't work.
- Not enough Jenn shots. What the hey were those ESPN camera men thinking ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom