Portal QB Treasure Hunting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Portal QB Treasure Hunting

Going to be really really hard to pull in any transfers let alone any QB transfers with the amount of negative recruiting that is currently happening against us.

Almost every program is telling kids that are being actively recruited by us that Dino is a dead man walking and that if they come here for him or his staff, forget it, because he will be fired

Dual threat is fine. But Dual means throw too. I'm tired of QBs who are really running threats and who, of we are lucky, eventually learn to throw.
Dont disagree. Need to be able to toss and make the right reads. Doesn’t need to be perfect. He can have a hitch, I don’t care as long as he can be functional assuming the play calling and oline let him be functional. Needs to be able to move, roll out and tuck it and run when opportunity is there or as play calls for. I do think GS fought some injury and line issues. I think he has the ability to upgrade his throwing. Everyone wants Moorehead(who doesn’t :cool:)and he thought GS can play. I think GS ups his game. I still want a new qb or two each year.

Our window was last year's portal. We tried with OL depth and struck out (Tyler, Shears).

We didn't make a play for help at WR or DL (Roscoe was 2020).

We didn't make a play for secondary.

Now we are hurting for depth and talent at secondary thanks to NFL (good) and transfers. Hurting at DL due to graduation and transfer. Hurting at WR thanks to transfer and performance.

All of these could have and should have been addressed in last year's transfer cycle.

Now here we are swinging and missing on our top target transfers. Hoping we can land enough to have a competitive starting 22 with just enough luck and depth to survive next year.
Who have they swung and missed on?

Our window was last year's portal. We tried with OL depth and struck out (Tyler, Shears).

Now we are hurting for depth and talent at secondary thanks to NFL (good) and transfers. Hurting at DL due to graduation and transfer. Hurting at WR thanks to transfer and performance.

All of these could have and should have been addressed in last year's transfer cycle.

Now here we are swinging and missing on our top target transfers. Hoping we can land enough to have a competitive starting 22 with just enough luck and depth to survive next year.
I’ve been told the coaches are grown men and know what they are doing. I predict we’ll hear belly aching about the underbelly all year.

Going to be really really hard to pull in any transfers let alone any QB transfers with the amount of negative recruiting that is currently happening against us.

Almost every program is telling kids that are being actively recruited by us that Dino is a dead man walking and that if they come here for him or his staff, forget it, because he will be fired
That's one of the reasons wildhack's decision didn't make sense. This was very easily predicted. Wildhack didn't set the coaches up for success for the upcoming year

Cuse hasn't been a second tier P5 team in over two decades. More like tier 4 at this point
Loser attitude.

We’re P5 and play in a top conference. Only so many of those QB slots. We’ll benefit.

Simmons played a lot at S and was a transfer

Reactions: CIL
That's one of the reasons wildhack's decision didn't make sense. This was very easily predicted. Wildhack didn't set the coaches up for success for the upcoming year

Wouldn’t have been my decision, would have ripped the band aide off and moved forward.

But, hey I’m not making millions.

Let’s hope Dino can prove the world wrong next season

We've had what, three or four planned visits canceled this week?

Who have they swung and missed on?
We've had scheduled visits from transfers canceled as they have moved on to bigger programs or more stable programs for their visits.

We've had what, three or four planned visits canceled this week?

Also tough timing to do visits when we don’t even have anything going on at the Dome this weekend

ACC is the bottom of the P5
I may be missing your point, but the ACC has produced their fair share of NFL QBs in recent years: Trevor Lawrence, Daniel Jones, Lamar Jackson, Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, Jacoby Brissett, and Kenny Pickett looks like a Fist Round pick this year (Sam Hartman may be a Day 2 selection).

I may be missing your point, but the ACC has produced their fair share of NFL QBs in recent years: Trevor Lawrence, Daniel Jones, Lamar Jackson, Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, Jacoby Brissett, and Kenny Pickett looks like a Fist Round pick this year (Sam Hartman may be a Day 2 selection).

Sure. But as it stands in rankings of conference for P5 we are one of the bottom conferences.

SEC
B1G
PAC 12/ACC
Big XII

This may be like MLB shortstops, more guys wanting big money than slots. Let's see how adaptable we are in this brave new world.

Good thing we're competing against Nebraska for a lot of them.

Scott Frost: Don't go to Syracuse, Coach Babers will be gone after this season.

God: 1 order of lightning, to the top of Scott Frost's stupid head.

Last edited:
Who?
DB Entringer
WR Reed

Those two come to mind right away.

I believe there was a DL and a LB who were being recruited that decided not to visit us but chose someone else instead.

Check the recruiting forum

Loser attitude.

We’re P5 and play in a top conference. Only so many of those QB slots. We’ll benefit.
Not a loser attitude as much as coming to terms with reality. Everything the university leadership is trying to cobble together now (facilities) seems 25 years too late for a program that already has so many built in disadvantages. I want to believe the tide will turn (being a 32 year old diehard Cuse Football fan demands endless optimism/blind faith) but with each losing season I find myself slightly more apathetic about it. We're the least demanding fanbase in all of P5 football and we can't get a coach or the players to meet our minimal expectations. The losers attitude comes from the top of the program, it's not the fans at the bottom that are the problem.

Taisun Phommachanh just hit the portal. From CT. Never amounted to much at Clemson since he was stuck behind Lawrence and then DJ. We offered along with basically everyone else. I think he's got 3 years of eligibility left if I'm looking at it right. 2019 would be redshirt year, 2020 was covid year so this year he should have been a 3rd year freshman.​

Take a Flier on him...He's Rehabbing an Achilles Injury...Will probably end up at Rutgers lol.