Portal QB Treasure Hunting | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Portal QB Treasure Hunting

Quite literally the ACC is the 4th best P5 conference out of 5 possible options.

Without Clemson without question we'd be 5th. Still no reason we can't go 6-6 more than twice a decade but being in the ACC doesn't move much of the needle unless we are recruiting against G5 which lately seems to be happening more and more often.

This year it was 5.

Oregon won at Ohio State we have no wins like that.

The schools joining the Big 12 are better than top ACC teams Cincy Houston and BYU are better than Wake and Pitt. UCF has been that level recently.

Things can chance but I don't see Dabo getting Clemson back to where they were. Sucks we couldn't get the FSU win and be bowling some of the ACC teams playing in bowls aren't better than us.

I think Devito is ranked about #17. His new grade is an 82.

Taj has been bumped up to a 4 star, #3 ranked WR, with a 90 grade.

I think Devito is ranked about #17. His new grade is an 82.

Taj has been bumped up to a 4 star, #3 ranked WR, with a 90 grade.
Is this a ranking of portal players? Is this a thing? I must have missed it.

What do kids do who give up a scholarship at a D1 school to enter the portal and then no offers emerge? If they drop down to FCS, some kids might get grants, or nothing? So now they are out a full scholarship, and many paying their own way? Or out if football altogether? I can’t wait for the data to come out on these first couple of portal years. It must just be so bad for so many kids who make bad decisions.

Is this a ranking of portal players? Is this a thing? I must have missed it.
Yepp. There are some articles ranking the best available. The Crystal Ball site "sort of" has a more in depth ranking. When I say "sort of" its because I saw they missed a highly ranked QB.

I found it interesting that they gave Devito and Harris a new grade.(amongst others). I completely disagree with Howard's new grade of 80.

What do kids do who give up a scholarship at a D1 school to enter the portal and then no offers emerge? If they drop down to FCS, some kids might get grants, or nothing? So now they are out a full scholarship, and many paying their own way? Or out if football altogether? I can’t wait for the data to come out on these first couple of portal years. It must just be so bad for so many kids who make bad decisions.
63 schollies at the FCS level.
36 at the D2 level.
If extra funds are required, that's on the kid.

I think only the p5 guarantees the scholly. I also think they are the only ones to give a COA stipend.

Some kids will be left with opportunities that have them playing in front of less people than their High Schools. Assuming they want to pay for that.

I can't wait for the data to come out. Still, there will be kids basing decisions on dreams instead of reality. I support everyone's right to make bad personal decisions.

Great question. I believe they are SOL and become regular students. Really bad decision to give up your current scholarship unless you have a guarantee.

63 schollies at the FCS level.
36 at the D2 level.
If extra funds are required, that's on the kid.

I think only the p5 guarantees the scholly. I also think they are the only ones to give a COA stipend.

Some kids will be left with opportunities that have them playing in front of less people than their High Schools. Assuming they want to pay for that.

I can't wait for the data to come out. Still, there will be kids basing decisions on dreams instead of reality. I support everyone's right to make bad personal decisions.

The D2 LOIs/Ship money I believe is all guaranteed. I'll have to check on that but it is an NCAA LOI, so I would believe falls under the same stipulations as D1, otherwise you'd have D2 coaches running their kids off to. I'm positive my son's coach said he keeps it as long as he's on the team and in good academic standing.

Congrats to your son. ;-)

P5 voted to guarantee schollies. While others are encouraged to? They don't have to. They are renewable. D1, D2, and D3 coaches can run kids off all they want. A p5 can tell a kid to hit the portal. He can say Nope.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom