Portal QB Treasure Hunting | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Portal QB Treasure Hunting

Take a Flier on him...He's Rehabbing an Achilles Injury...Will probably end up at Rutgers lol.
Not really a lol. Throwing for under 100 yards in a game is kind of a lol but also a :(

Not a loser attitude as much as coming to terms with reality. Everything the university leadership is trying to cobble together now (facilities) seems 25 years too late for a program that already has so many built in disadvantages. I want to believe the tide will turn (being a 32 year old diehard Cuse Football fan demands endless optimism/blind faith) but with each losing season I find myself slightly more apathetic about it. We're the least demanding fanbase in all of P5 football and we can't get a coach or the players to meet our minimal expectations. The losers attitude comes from the top of the program, it's not the fans at the bottom that are the problem.
That can all be true (think it’s overstated and probably a bit too pessimistic) AND we should still be able to recruit a 4* who is sitting as a back up somewhere. How do I know?

That’s how we got our current QB.

ACC is the bottom of the P5
Quite literally the ACC is the 4th best P5 conference out of 5 possible options.

Without Clemson without question we'd be 5th. Still no reason we can't go 6-6 more than twice a decade but being in the ACC doesn't move much of the needle unless we are recruiting against G5 which lately seems to be happening more and more often.

id be very surprised if we added a qb unless it was a freshman transfer type

They are recruiting a HS prospect and at least two transfers have been contacted.

They must think very highly of Lamson, or are seeing something in Shrader's ability to throw that is the coaching equivalent of "faith without evidence"

They must think very highly of Lamson, or are seeing something in Shrader's ability to throw that is the coaching equivalent of "faith without evidence"
shrader mentioned he wantesd to be able to throw more this year in a interview with the ps

Going to be really really hard to pull in any transfers let alone any QB transfers with the amount of negative recruiting that is currently happening against us.

Almost every program is telling kids that are being actively recruited by us that Dino is a dead man walking and that if they come here for him or his staff, forget it, because he will be fired
I just thought it would be hard due to our o-lines inability to protect the QB, and the fact that we are pretty limited at WR.

Loser attitude.

We’re P5 and play in a top conference. Only so many of those QB slots. We’ll benefit.
Why is pointing out something that is the hard truth a loser attitude. If the P5 had 4 tiers, where on earth would you put them?
Kansas is also P5. Being in a P5 does not mean you're guaranteed a good QB. Look no further than us for proof.

If ND played and won the ACC Championship game, they would have made the playoffs.

No chance a 1 loss team gets in over a 0 loss team that beat them on the road.

Will be nice if the ACC starts taking games off them next year particularly us.

Going to be really really hard to pull in any transfers let alone any QB transfers with the amount of negative recruiting that is currently happening against us.

Almost every program is telling kids that are being actively recruited by us that Dino is a dead man walking and that if they come here for him or his staff, forget it, because he will be fired
Which would mean (in the event you didn't start next season) you have a clean slate with a new coach who doesn't have a presumptive starter.

No chance a 1 loss team gets in over a 0 loss team that beat them on the road.

Will be nice if the ACC starts taking games off them next year particularly us.
Disagree. Many of the analysts said if Ok. State won yesterday they probably would have made the playoff. They were looking for a reason to keep Cincy out.

Disagree. Many of the analysts said if Ok. State won yesterday they probably would have made the playoff. They were looking for a reason to keep Cincy out.

If Okie State won you could be right.

But ND couldn't jump Cincy after losing at home to them. I guess if NDs loss was to anyone else they might have been the 4th team.

Has Tommy Devito gotten any offers? Interested to see where he ends up next year.

ACC is the bottom of the P5

By what metric?

I'll do the heavy lifting:
The only poll I found that shows rankings 1-130 is cbs sports. Their poll matches the ap and coaches pretty closely as of last week, doesn't reflect yesterdays games, but it'll give you a good idea of conference avg ranking.
1-SEC. I don't need to pour over the rankings to determine that.

2-Big 10- Mich #2, ohio st #7, Mich St #10, Iowa #17, Wisky #25, Purdue #30, Penn St. #31, Minnesota #33, Maryland #62, Illinois #70, Nebraska #71, Rutgers #81, NW #100, Indiana#101, for an avg ranking of 45.7

3- Big 12
- OK St #5, Baylor #8, Oklahoma #11, Iowa St. #36, K state #44, WV #56, TexTech #57, Texas #58, TCU #83, Kansas #102 for an avg of 46.0

4- ACC-
Pitt #14, Wake #15, NC State #19, Clemson #23, Miami #42, Louisville #49, UNC #52, Virginia Tech #59, UVA #60, BC #69, Cuse #75, FSU #80, G-Tech #92, Duke #111 for an avg of 54.2

5- Pac 12-
#12 Oregon, Utah #16, UCLA #37, ASU #40, Oregon St. #41, WSU #45, USC #82, UW #85, Cal #86, Colorado #93, Stanford #94, Arizona #123 for an avg of 62.8

Just for fun
AAC- Cincy #3, Houston #18, SMU #38, UCF #55, ECU #67, Tulsa #74, Memphis #78, Tulane #109, USF #118, Temple #124, UCONN #130 for an avg of 74

I'll do the heavy lifting:
The only poll I found that shows rankings 1-130 is cbs sports. Their poll matches the ap and coaches pretty closely as of last week, doesn't reflect yesterdays games, but it'll give you a good idea of conference avg ranking.
1-SEC. I don't need to pour over the rankings to determine that.

2-Big 10- Mich #2, ohio st #7, Mich St #10, Iowa #17, Wisky #25, Purdue #30, Penn St. #31, Minnesota #33, Maryland #62, Illinois #70, Nebraska #71, Rutgers #81, NW #100, Indiana#101, for an avg ranking of 45.7

3- Big 12
- OK St #5, Baylor #8, Oklahoma #11, Iowa St. #36, K state #44, WV #56, TexTech #57, Texas #58, TCU #83, Kansas #102 for an avg of 46.0

4- ACC-
Pitt #14, Wake #15, NC State #19, Clemson #23, Miami #42, Louisville #49, UNC #52, Virginia Tech #59, UVA #60, BC #69, Cuse #75, FSU #80, G-Tech #92, Duke #111 for an avg of 54.2

5- Pac 12-
#12 Oregon, Utah #16, UCLA #37, ASU #40, Oregon St. #41, WSU #45, USC #82, UW #85, Cal #86, Colorado #93, Stanford #94, Arizona #123 for an avg of 62.8

Just for fun
AAC- Cincy #3, Houston #18, SMU #38, UCF #55, ECU #67, Tulsa #74, Memphis #78, Tulane #109, USF #118, Temple #124, UCONN #130 for an avg of 74
Good work. I knew we were #3 or #4. I did this same exercise after week 5 or 6 and the ACC was 3.

Duke and GaTech both pooped themselves after an ok start

Penix from Indiana just hit portal. When healthy he's dynamic. If memory serves me correctly we were involved with him pretty heavily out of high school at one point
Penix would be huge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom