Portland Carmelo | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Portland Carmelo

I’m guessing Melo may be on the move. Which may work out best and get him a ring. Although, it could work out in Portland, because clearly Melo has become the player Chauncey wanted him to be when they were teammates.

I'm hoping that Carmelo ends up in a situation where he gets 2 more solid years of double-digit scoring. Want to see how high he can climb in top 10 scoring.

Doesn't need to be a focal point anymore, and proved over the last two years in Portland that he can thrive as a role player.

Why?
Cause i loathe the Sixers and believe their window is closing fast, especially after Simmons was exposed in these playoffs. I like Embied, i mean who wouldn’t, but have always felt that that team was a bit overrated.
Not impressed by Tobias as the 3rd star and just feel that Melo’s going there does nothing for him, even if Simmons does come back.
Melo needs a veteran, tested squad like the Lakers, Nets, or an emerging one like Atl, Milwaukee, Phx, Utah, where he can help alleviate scoring droughts and provide clutch shooting.
Realistically, Philly’s chances of winning a title are all smoke & mirrors to me. JMHO

Last edited:
Phoenix or LAL to me would be good fits.
No offense to Melo, but love the idea of the Lakers continuing to get older. LeBron going to run that franchise into the ground!

No offense to Melo, but love the idea of the Lakers continuing to get older. LeBron going to run that franchise into the ground!

I'm with you. To me Phoenix and balling with CP3 works for both. Both could be bench guys if Payne can be the guy at PG. He's been impressive this post season

I'm with you. To me Phoenix and balling with CP3 works for both. Both could be bench guys if Payne can be the guy at PG. He's been impressive this post season
CP3 is never going to be a Phoenix bench guy. He is the team leader and his plate is full enough (players union, state farm, family) without resorting to backup status.
I would prefer Melo over Saric. Phoenix is all about speed, except that CP3 walks the ball up court. Although Melo could fill a similar role to Saric and do it better, Phoenix would not trade an old Melo for a younger Saric.
. Payne is probably the quickest player in the League. He will take over from CP3, next year or two years from now, and Phoenix will need a new backup point. They are not a team that is going to make many changes.. Booker plays as their emergency point guard when needed.

CP3 is never going to be a Phoenix bench guy. He is the team leader and his plate is full enough (players union, state farm, family) without resorting to backup status.
I would prefer Melo over Saric. Phoenix is all about speed, except that CP3 walks the ball up court. Although Melo could fill a similar role to Saric and do it better, Phoenix would not trade an old Melo for a younger Saric.
. Payne is probably the quickest player in the League. He will take over from CP3, next year or two years from now, and Phoenix will need a new backup point. They are not a team that is going to make many changes.. Booker plays as their emergency point guard when needed.

Maybe but CP3 has been great this year but he has really shown his age this post season at times. I could see him retiring before sitting for sure.

I'm not sure I agree around Saric. I think you look at a cheap pick up like Craig and decide if you want a veteran scorer or bench defender.

I don't see Melo to Phx ever happening it was just a hypothetical.

Maybe but CP3 has been great this year but he has really shown his age this post season at times. I could see him retiring before sitting for sure.

I'm not sure I agree around Saric. I think you look at a cheap pick up like Craig and decide if you want a veteran scorer or bench defender.

I don't see Melo to Phx ever happening it was just a hypothetical.

I don't either, but it might be appealing for him to rejoin his close friend, CP3, if he ends up "homeless" in Portland / not factoring into next year's plans.

Carmelo has shown that he has transitioned into a supporting cast role, can shoot at an efficient clip, and that he's comfortable fitting into a team's structured offensive concept as a 3rd or 4th option. That's a big difference from a couple of years ago, when the opinion on him around the league was less-favorable.

Hope he lands on a contender.

It's articles like this that are annoying. Is Melo a strong defender? No. It's common knowledge. That said these articles aren't researched at all leaning completely on reputation to make a blanket statement. Sports Journalism is a joke these days.

Well actually Portland's starters were god awful too including it's two stars Lillard and McCollum. The entire team defensively has been awful.

As always at various times Melo's defense was very effective when the matchup benefitted him. When opposing guards put up giant numbers despite having Nance and Covington out there welcome to reality.

It's articles like this that are annoying. Is Melo a strong defender? No. It's common knowledge. That said these articles aren't researched at all leaning completely on reputation to make a blanket statement. Sports Journalism is a joke these days.

Well actually Portland's starters were god awful too including it's two stars Lillard and McCollum. The entire team defensively has been awful.

As always at various times Melo's defense was very effective when the matchup benefitted him. When opposing guards put up giant numbers despite having Nance and Covington out there welcome to reality.
I don’t think deleting previous thread was necessary as your comments were not incomplete. I hope u and I are good as it was absolute not personal. You have a nice day too!

I don’t think deleting previous thread was necessary as your comments were not incomplete. I hope u and I are good as it was absolute not personal. You have a nice day too!

Nope not personal at all just misunderstood. Easier to delete it and move on before thread gets out of hand. All good and not a worry.

Now back to Carmelo ;)

Nope not personal at all just misunderstood. Easier to delete it and move on before thread gets out of hand. All good and not a worry.

Now back to Carmelo ;)
Good man ty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom