Possible assistant coaches... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Possible assistant coaches...

Beatty was making $260K at UVA. I'm guessing he got a raise, which I would then assume Babers got a good pot of cash to hire assistants.

Beatty was making $260K at UVA. I'm guessing he got a raise, which I would then assume Babers got a good pot of cash to hire assistants.
True, but also, I wouldn't be surprised if Beatty gets the title of Recruiting Coordinator as well, which would obviously bump his pay up beyond just being a position coach, at least a bit.

This is a MASSIVE hire. I wanted Acosta back here as much as anyone because he's a good guy, but this Beatty guy is a huge recruiter. There is no doubt that between Monroe, Babers and Beatty, recruiting just went up a tick.

Lots of good energy right now. Going to be fun watching what these guys can do with a full recruiting season.

This is a MASSIVE hire. I wanted Acosta back here as much as anyone because he's a good guy, but this Beatty guy is a huge recruiter. There is no doubt that between Monroe, Babers and Beatty, recruiting just went up a tick.

Lots of good energy right now. Going to be fun watching what these guys can do with a full recruiting season.
Don't forget Lewis. I don't know what kind of reputation he had coming in, but from following him on Twitter this week, I fully expect him to wind up being a terrific recruiter for us. The guy just gets it.

True, but also, I wouldn't be surprised if Beatty gets the title of Recruiting Coordinator as well, which would obviously bump his pay up beyond just being a position coach, at least a bit.
Maybe one of the other coaches.

Any speculation which group Beatty is going to coach? The offensive skill positions seem to be already filled and that's his specialty.

Will be disappointed if he doesn't retain anybody. Would give the guys a bit of a security blanket through the transition
Of all the reasons to retain any old staff, giving a "security blanket" is not on the list. We won 7 games in two years, this is a complete tear down and rebuild. If I'm an established HC with a new job, I'm going to sink or swim with the guys I've had success with in the past, end of story.

Joe Rossi former DC Rutgers for LB / ST coach would be an interesting choice ... Excited to see who the last hire (s) are

What might London and Beatty mean for recruiting in our region by others?

(note: Beatty doesn't use Twitter (@BeattyCoach) much, just a few retweets. He hadn't posted anything in the past week since CBM's hire until re-tweeting two media reports yesterday that he was being hired by Syracuse. Another published report had Beatty en route to Syracuse to sign a contract Friday, and indicated that a UVA verbal was travelling to Syracuse this weekend for a recruiting visit.)

Beatty is a solid coach, he let Mizzell know last Spring that he had to earn everything, and that led to significant improvement for Smoke. As long as Coach Mom was here, Beatty was going to be a vital addition to this staff (years of star treatment could be mitigated finally). At the same time, lack of accountability will be one item that will need no special emphasis from an assistant moving forward. It will start at the top.

Beatty tapped some 757 connections well when he first moved to WVU, and knows a lot of folks at the VA high school level. It's a bit of a mixed bag though as some articles note that Beatty's teams were viewed as running up scores and leading teams that had a bit of poor sportsmanship. Sour grapes perhaps.

But, the 27 member recruiting class for February has 0 commits from the 757, and doesn't list Beatty as the lead recruiter for any. Many recruits have no lead recruiter listed and have seen suggestions that Beatty was responsible for several - Rivals does list Hagans for some.

As for Mom's recruiting prowess, every recruiting class since his first full class in 2011 has been rated lower than the prior one in aggregate. XCML obviously rushed to sign a big class this Fall, but 13 did not have more than one offer from another Power 5 school. This is XCML's first class without a four or five star commit. No commits from the 757 and only 5 from the DMV.

Bowling Green: Andrew Sowder will remain on staff at Bowling Green, per Jordan Strack. Sowder coached outside receivers for Dino’s staff.

Bowling Green: Andrew Sowder will remain on staff at Bowling Green, per Jordan Strack. Sowder coached outside receivers for Dino’s staff.

Can't remember if we knew this or not.
No. I think we thought he was coming. I heard he was either going to take the Recruiting coordinator position at SU or take another direction. Guess he decided to stay at BGSU.

No. I think we thought he was coming. I heard he was either going to take the Recruiting coordinator position at SU or take another direction. Guess he decided to stay at BGSU.
Is this a structural loss for running the offense?

Waiting eagerly to see who else we can woo. More recruiters, please.-

It's Twitter official now:

Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 10.22.17 AM.png

Free Acosta
[
QUOTE="Whitey23, post: 1596123, member: 216"]Bowling Green: Andrew Sowder will remain on staff at Bowling Green, per Jordan Strack. Sowder coached outside receivers for Dino’s staff.

[/QUOTE]

jr4750 said:
Hello Acosta??

Is he good WR coach?