Class of 2017 - POSSIBLE GRAD TRANSFER LIST | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 POSSIBLE GRAD TRANSFER LIST

I thought a team with Lydon, Thompson, Roberson, White and Battle would very, very good. They weren't. I learned my lesson.
one player on that list was pretty much useless this year. Plus, the biggest jump most players make is between their frosh and soph years. I expect both Battle and Thompson to be better players next year. Lydon as well if he comes back.

If we don't get more ballhandlers and passers then problems will continue. Watching some of these teams like Michigan play is beautiful. If (and I think he does) Boeheim wants to play that way he needs better and more passers and ballhandlers

I'll be interested to see that Cincinnati/K-State game. I'd kill for any of their C/PF types to play tough D and rebound. Diagne could've been one of those types but we sure need some tough guys and fewer finesse guys, imo. Sidibe will be good but he needs to bulk up.

Lydon knows if he goes to NBA right now he ll be in d-league for rest of his career I'll be surprised if he doesn't stay all 4 years, he has degressed this year and gillon has been awful not sure what games you guys have been watching, I'll give him 5 good games against top level competition at best

Oh hey dasher Roberson hasn't been very good either I think sidibe and brissette are goin to be pleasant surprises

Xavier Rathan-Mayes, G Florida State - Same as Hall, not happening.

Mikyle McIntosh, PF Illinois State - Injuries limited him this year. 11ppg, can shoot 3's

Kassius Robertson, G Canisius - 6'3" Canadian kid. 17ppg, over 40% from 3 the past 2 years.

I'll speak to the Canadians...

X isn't happening but man he would be perfect for us. Always wondered why we didn't recruit him with Tyler seeing as they played in same AAU backcourt and for Canada's Junior National Team. They loved playing together and once it was known FSU and Wiggins weren't happening, I don't think it was out of the realm of possibility to pry him away. Even late in the process. I know we had Cooney but Red and Hop were already putting in the leg work with some of his inner circle to land Tyler.

I think Mykile McIntosh would be a great fit as well. Like a homerun. He would look great in that power small forward role similar to how we used CJ Fair. He was a Grassroots Canada kid who went lower than his offers. He could ABSOLUTELY play at this level. The only thing I wonder here is if his skill set is redundant with Oshae already coming to town. Similar players. No clue who's handling Mykile's recruitment since the core of guys who ran Grassroots when he was in high school have since drifted apart.

Kassius Robertson is one of my favourite kids. I used to watch him work out once a week with a group that often included Duane Notice, Kevin Pangos, Stefan Jankovic... Always admired the speed and intensity he trained with. To be honest I never thought he was good enough to play at this level but his production at the lower level speaks for itself. He would be great in the zone and has turned himself into a very effective catch and shoot player who can also get to the rim. Can he run offense in the ACC? Not sure. Can't say I've seen a lot of Canisius games in last two years. And with HW already in the fold, I'm not sure we need more depth in the rotation. We need a bonfied ACC starting point guard. I think the world of this kid but am not sure he's that. Would be personally excited to see him in Orange, but I'm sick of the bubble. We could use a thoroughbred. Not sure how likely it is we land one, but it's what we need.

X isn't happening but man he would be perfect for us. Always wondered why we didn't recruit him with Tyler seeing as they played in same AAU backcourt and for Canada's Junior National Team. They loved playing together and once it was known FSU and Wiggins weren't happening, I don't think it was out of the realm of possibility to pry him away. Even late in the process. I know we had Cooney but Red and Hop were already putting in the leg work with some of his inner circle to land Tyler.

I think Mykile McIntosh would be a great fit as well. Like a homerun. He would look great in that power small forward role similar to how we used CJ Fair. He was a Grassroots Canada kid who went lower than his offers. He could ABSOLUTELY play at this level. The only thing I wonder here is if his skill set is redundant with Oshae already coming to town. Similar players. No clue who's handling Mykile's recruitment since the core of guys who ran Grassroots when he was in high school have since drifted apart.

Kassius Robertson is one of my favourite kids. I used to watch him work out once a week with a group that often included Duane Notice, Kevin Pangos, Stefan Jankovic... Always admired the speed and intensity he trained with. To be honest I never thought he was good enough to play at this level but his production at the lower level speaks for itself. He would be great in the zone and has turned himself into a very effective catch and shoot player who can also get to the rim. Can he run offense in the ACC? Not sure. Can't say I've seen a lot of Canisius games in last two years. And with HW already in the fold, I'm not sure we need more depth in the rotation. We need a bonfied ACC starting point guard. I think the world of this kid but am not sure he's that. Would be personally excited to see him in Orange, but I'm sick of the bubble. We could use a thoroughbred. Not sure how likely it is we land one, but it's what we need.

Thanks, your posts provide great insight into the Canada scene. Lets hope we can get involved with some of the big time young talent up there.

Good stuff. Thanks. Any thoughts on Sam Rautins.

Good stuff. Thanks. Any thoughts on Sam Rautins.

He certainly has the family J. I think we'll know a lot more about whether or not he can play at our level based on how he does in the EYBL this summer. He's running with CIA Bounce's U17 EYBL team so the staff should see him play multiple games against P5 talent.

Great info, thanks for posing it.

If Robertson can score, he'd have a role here. We'll need all the help we can get putting the ball in the basket next year.

Most conferences have a 2 year sit out rule for transfers in conference. I assume that the ACC does too. So if a kid transfers out to another school sits out 1 year, can he come back to the ACC as a grad-transfer without a sit out which would make him in-eligible?

Boeheim should build on last years grad transfers and establish SU as the place for the top 3-5 grad transfers. No other school is doing this at that level of commitment.

Jon Rothstein
✔@JonRothstein

Penn State's Terrence Samuel tells me that he will graduate this summer and will transfer. Immediately eligible for next season.

6-3 Guard from Brooklyn. Used to play for UConn.

6-2 Guard from Williamport, PA

They combined to average less than 5 ppg. I would imagine they'll be looking to play at a smaller school. Maybe an Iona or something.

I guess I can't edit my original post anymore like I had planned to keep updating this list. That's disappointing.

Any idea why you can't edit posts/replies from more than 24 hours ago?

I guess I can't edit my original post anymore like I had planned to keep updating this list. That's disappointing.

Any idea why you can't edit posts/replies from more than 24 hours ago?

I thought you could edit the post just not the subject title. If you need help just regarding the title a mod can do it.

I thought you could edit the post just not the subject title. If you need help just regarding the title a mod can do it.
I thought so too, but the only replies I can edit are from today.

Interested to see what EC Matthews does. Before his ACL tear, he was being hyped as a first round pick. If he looks for an opportunity at a higher level, I think he would be a good fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom