Class of 2017 - POSSIBLE GRAD TRANSFER LIST | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 POSSIBLE GRAD TRANSFER LIST

This kid is awesome and would be a huge get for us...plus he torched us and it would be nice to see him in Orange and not a crappy pitt uni...wonder if we will show any interest or if he would even be allowed to play for us?

Yeah because JB wasn't letting Hop run the show the last year or so
JB wasn't letting Hop run the show.
As Dasher said 2 weeks ago he isn't the same man energy wise when he was in 40s/50s as he is now.
JB hasn't been giving the Hopkins the show to run if he was Hop could have put some man to man defense in like he wants too now at Washington. Or let Hopkins put some different rinkles into then offense. All Hop did was what JB used to do.
JB is/was like a tenured professor who gives work off to research assistant because they don't want to do the work.
JB has done more travel for USA basketball in one summer flying to just Las Vegas(not the travel overseas either) than he has been to recruiting at AAU events during the past few years.
Hopkins and Autry do/did all the grunt work and JB was expected to close.

This is why we don't go after the top talent because those guys want the indisputable amount of love it takes.

Thankfully since Hop left JB got a plane down to Atlanta and saw Tucker. He will visit and we can close him. Their isn't a narrative JB was handing off responsibility to Hop it that is cover you want to say to defend the fact JB has been lazy.

He is going to have up his recruiting game a lot if all we do is hire Allan Griffin.

I think that is a large part of it. Jb was handing the reigns over to Hop and let him do quite frankly almost everything.
Disagree he wasn't letting Hop do anything he didn't want done. If Hop was taking over we would have seen some changes. Hop isn't going to copy JBs style even close to 100%. He is his own man. If JB was handing over we would have seen some stuff done differently.
As I just said it was a tenured Professor handing duties he didn't want to do to an assistant to do his way for him.

JB wasn't letting Hop run the show.
As Dasher said 2 weeks ago he isn't the same man energy wise when he was in 40s/50s as he is now.
JB hasn't been giving the Hopkins the show to run if he was Hop could have put some man to man defense in like he wants too now at Washington. Or let Hopkins put some different rinkles into then offense. All Hop did was what JB used to do.
JB is/was like a tenured professor who gives work off to research assistant because they don't want to do the work.
JB has done more travel for USA basketball in one summer flying to just Las Vegas(not the travel overseas either) than he has been to recruiting at AAU events during the past few years.
Hopkins and Autry do/did all the grunt work and JB was expected to close.

This is why we don't go after the top talent because those guys want the indisputable amount of love it takes.

Thankfully since Hop left JB got a plane down to Atlanta and saw Tucker. He will visit and we can close him. Their isn't a narrative JB was handing off responsibility to Hop it that is cover you want to say to defend the fact JB has been lazy.

He is going to have up his recruiting game a lot if all we do is hire Allan Griffin.
man your takes are becoming the hottest around :rolleyes:

running show = recruiting show (not practices, style of play, etc) - and if you don't believe that you haven't been paying attention

man your takes are becoming the hottest around :rolleyes:

running show = recruiting show (not practices, style of play, etc) - and if you don't believe that you haven't been paying attention
I trust Francis opinions on recruiting more than what you just wrote. He actually talks to recruiting people and doesn't just tow the JB does no wrong line.
Hop isn't why we lost recruits recently. Hop wanted to do things differently that I know for a fact are different than what JB has wanted to do and done. I am not going to post them because the people told them off the record and I am not going to betray that.

Just know this if Hop were truly running the show we wouldn't be in the grad transfer market because Hop would be taking over next year.

If you think Brissett and Sidibe are what you think Hop prioritized your aren't looking objectively. Hop wasn't even the primary recruiter for Quade you think that was his call?

lol the JB does no wrong line
there hasn't been a diametric opposite line promoted ad nauseam by a contingent on here, now, has there?

Juwan Durham leaving UConn.

Seems like it wouldn't make much sense for us or him, but add him to the list. Was a top 10 kid before 2 knee injuries. Prototypical 4 for the zone; but it sounds like he wants to be closer to home in Florida

I spent a minute looking and found a couple of grad transfers in the B1G moved to another school and were immediately eligible. One was Spike Albrecht.

Looks like the original school has to okay it, as well as the conference. Because of the extenuating circumstances with the coaching change there, and a desire to improve the course of study in his chosen field of study, I would think Pitt might allow this. Certainly others have,...

Michigan's John Beilein lifts restrictions, allowing Spike Albrecht to transfer within Big Ten

looks like UK on him
(and Thomas Allen too)
Cameron Johnson leaving Pitt as grad transfer; Could UK pursue?

Corey has his top 5 transfers available at this point...
If he doesn't end up at one of Kentucky, Ohio State, Michigan or Michigan State I will be shocked.
He is the top transfer available.
Too bad we can't get him.

Dedric and KJ Lawson from Memphis

Dedric averaged 19.2 PPG and 9.9 RPG, K.J. put up 12.3 and 8.1.

KJ 6-7 204 G/F
Dedric 6-9 228 G/F

KJ 6-7 204 G/F
Dedric 6-9 228 G/F
Are they headed to Georgia Tech?

Are they headed to Georgia Tech?

I think they are headed whereever their dad can stick his nose into things the easiest. He was an assistant under Pastner (basically to get his sons to go there) but Tubby moved him to a support staff position when he was hired.

KJ 6-7 204 G/F
Dedric 6-9 228 G/F
Kinda surprised dedric isn't just gonna go to the league as a 2nd rounder. That was his grade last year don't see the point of transferring and sitting out

Kansas sophomore forward Carlton Bragg is transferring. Cracked the 20-minute mark three times all season. Former five-star prospect.

6'10 240

Ppg- 5.2
Rpg- 4.1
APG- 0.5

Kansas sophomore forward Carlton Bragg is transferring. Cracked the 20-minute mark three times all season. Former five-star prospect.

6'10 240

Ppg- 5.2
Rpg- 4.1
APG- 0.5

Not sure if we want to go in this direction. Self has had difficulty getting him to apply himself and there have been some off the court issues, granted he was cleared in one of them.

6'10 240

Ppg- 5.2
Rpg- 4.1
APG- 0.5
This guy reminded me of Rick Jackson.
I would take him in a cocaine heartbeat.
Letting him sit out a year and be an anchor for the middle.

This guy reminded me of Rick Jackson.
I would take him in a cocaine heartbeat.
Letting him sit out a year and be an anchor for the middle.
The only issue is his position imo. Unless we are working to start a lineup of 5 power forwards...

The only issue is his position imo. Unless we are working to start a lineup of 5 power forwards...
6'10 is C to me.
I would take Bragg in the middle like Rick Jackson could be.
Bragg is a good prospect I don't know if he is getting pushed out or if he wants PT.

6'10 is C to me.
I would take Bragg in the middle like Rick Jackson could be.
Bragg is a good prospect I don't know if he is getting pushed out or if he wants PT.
Bragg
Sidibe
Thompson
Brissett
Moyer
Done, and done for starting five...:)

Bragg
Sidibe
Thompson
Brissett
Moyer
Done, and done for starting five...:)
Well Bragg would be Thompson insurance.
If TT left after next year we would have a Big who can replace him and was in the system for a year.

Well Bragg would be Thompson insurance.
If TT left after next year we would have a Big who can replace him and was in the system for a year.
I'm presuming a regular transfer, so if he has interest, maybe worth a spot. We can't turn down talent at this point...

Bragg is still raw but is a much better athlete than Rick Jackson ever was. I don't think he is quite 6'10 either. He's also had numerous off the court issues. No thanks. Maybe some of the Kansas City fellas on the board can chime in on Bragg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom