Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

Reynolds is very good but similar to Judah in that he's a scoring-focused combo guard. Way more efficient obviously. But would be an interesting fit with JJ as we don't really have a facilitator unless that's what Westry can do.

I would take Reynolds in a second to be clear. He's a very good player. Just isn't a true PG. He plays off- ball a lot.
That's my concern too. Both are two two guards. Need a true PG in the worst way, no more trying to take a 2G and trying to develop into a PG, the JB theory.

Even if Q wanted to come back and somehow Red agreed, (I believe both are unlikely) you absolutely cannot start him at point guard or have that be the plan. It is a recipe for another crazy inconsistent season. His best attribute is as a secondary ball handler playing point guard against another teams forward.

I'd love to get an Arinze Onuaku/ Otis Hill/Jeremy McNiel type of big boy now that it looks like we have regained our athletic forwards / wings.
My very bad, that was supposed to be in the our crying need thread, where it would be mire relevant!

The problem with Copeland and with a lot of other guys is they can’t make simple plays. They are atrocious on the break. No one wants to make a pass that leads to the next pass. Copeland wants to make a difficult pass more than half the time. We make the game too difficult with the shots we take and the passes we try to make. Better movement with purpose and guys trying to set their teammates up will lead to a more efficient brand of basketball. I’d like to see someone on our team next year that can back a guy down in the paint and score. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a post player. I’ve seen a lot of teams with wing players who have a player that can get in the lane to create for themselves or others. The “portal season” adds another layer of possibility for teams. Should be interesting to see who we try to bring in and who leaves.

So are we viewing Reynolds as a potential starting PG for us this season? Because that wasn't really his role even at St. Joe's. Seems like an absolutely deadly shooter though.

Might be getting ahead of ourselves but if anyone is interested in watching some full games of Reynolds, here's some links below. I will warn you the Dayton game was arguably his worst game of the season. The ending of regulation in the Kentucky game was some classic Kentucky officiating. St. Joe's got the rebound and the guy with the ball immediately called timeout with almost 2 seconds left on the clock. Must have called for it at least 10 times in those two seconds. Refs said no timeout, straight to overtime, and Kentucky won.

Saint Joseph's vs Dayton | 2024.2.6 | NCAAB Game
Saint Louis vs Saint Joseph's | 2024.1.10 | NCAAB Game
Saint Joseph's vs Princeton | 2023.12.10 | NCAAB Game

Last edited:
Would take this kid in a heartbeat.

No idea whether this is legitimate, but he'd be a great add. Would like to see us add BOTH Mack and Reynolds.

If that happened you I would think be losing JJ too? Just given both Mack and Reynolds would be starters…

Add Malik Mack to the list of possible portal pg candidates

Seems like Mack is more of a PG/creator vs. Reynolds being an off-ball guard/shooter.

Some full games from him: