Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

If so, as noted by Funk Doc.. that still would mean that we have more money to allocate to the rest of the roster and maybe use the rest of the $$ to fill out the rest of the roster.

It’s basically college free agency with year to year contracts.

There must be difficulty in budgeting when your inflow is unpredictable. I would think they don't want to spend all their chips on this class. Tough financial decisions have to be made. Interesting times.

Maybe we just didnt think that spending all this money on a kid was worth it. Is Mack worth what he wants? Probably not and i wouldnt spend most of the NIL money on one kid unless hes a complete game changer.

Not giving Jesse the money i was all for. Injury plagued, always in foul trouble and we are gonna match the $750,000 that West Virginia gave him?? For one season? No thanks
$750k isn’t worth it to automatically go from NCAA to NIT?

$750k isn’t worth it to automatically go from NCAA to NIT?
Half of that was already offered to him. So the question is whether about another 300k is worth making the tournament (probably wouldn't need to match exactly to keep him - just close). The answer is yes. Red would be feeling a lot better if they did it.

Half of that was already offered to him. So the question is whether about another 300k is worth making the tournament (probably wouldn't need to match exactly to keep him - just close). The answer is yes. Red would be feeling a lot better if they did it.
No guarantee we make the tournament with him. He missed half of December and all of January because he got injured.

He can shoot it a little and that's enough for me. That's already better than most of the guys we played at the three last season. Dont see the issue with going big in the frontcourt for 10-15 mins a game, but I have also watched minimal footage of Freeman and am trusting others reports of how he plays.
He can really shoot it. He’ll be our 2nd best shooter in starting lineup for sure. And this includes Leffew

No guarantee we make the tournament with him. He missed half of December and all of January because he got injured.
Nothing's guaranteed, but if it were possible to bet on it, I would back up the brink's truck. JT on the bench and Jesse / Maliq at the 5 and 4 solves post defense, rebounding, could score in the post when offense stalls. Huge difference. He missed 8 or 9 games injured but who knows whether that would have happened. Hindsight is 20/20, but I'd be shocked if they didn't wish they could get that one back.

Nothing's guaranteed, but if it were possible to bet on it, I would back up the brink's truck. JT on the bench and Jesse / Maliq at the 5 and 4 solves post defense, rebounding, could score in the post when offense stalls. Huge difference. He missed 8 or 9 games injured but who knows whether that would have happened. Hindsight is 20/20, but I'd be shocked if they didn't wish they could get that one back.
Rollover Benny's money to Jesse and you're almost there. Then play Maliq at the 4. Again, hindsight, I know. But Benny clearly stunk going into the season anyway.

Did people forget Jesse spent a third of the season hurt at WVU with his other wrist?

Optics are bad we better pray Copeland doesn't turn into a star or Maliq because Syracuse will be designated as a developmental school for other programs and Moore and Freeman will be dared to follow suit and leave not for the NBA.

I'm sure Edwards knew he was making a bad move the entire time but he also was not on any NBA boards and wanted the money. Is he getting a medical redshirt?

Boy...some of the takes in this thread...

Simon Cowell Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

i dont know this topic to me is a perfect butterfly effect situation. If Jesse played at Syracuse, he’s not even in the same situation he was in to break his wrist so how can you say he would have broken it again? just like some are saying it’s not a definite we make the tournament with Jesse, you can’t say he definitely breaks his wrist either.

i dont know this topic to me is a perfect butterfly effect situation. If Jesse played at Syracuse, he’s not even in the same situation he was in to break his wrist so how can you say he would have broken it again? just like some are saying it’s not a definite we make the tournament with Jesse, you can’t say he definitely breaks his wrist either.
If Jesse played at Syracuse last year, is his father still a dick?

You're forgetting the small possibility that having a super senior center All ACC guy around would have kept Williams in line long enough for him to actually reach some of his potential.

Jesse Edwards always seemed to have a calm presence that would have helped a crazy locker room.

If Jesse had to play with Judah again, he would have gone absolutely insane.

He may have just walked off and gone to a non-extradition country.
That was my thought reading all this hahhaha he would’ve gone full Antonio brown vs the jets

What do you know about his ability to be an assistant coach?
You guys can talk yourselves into thinking it’s just a coincidence that we hired leffew’s coach out of the thousands of possible choices.

But as Mel Gibson once said, “there are no coincidences”.

I have a feeling that before the musical chairs ends there will be plenty of players looking for a spot. Once the big dominoes fall we might get a PG for two slices from The Varsity and a 50.00 gift card to Shirt World.