Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

Attachments

• IMG_9569.jpeg
    IMG_9569.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 15
Guess the high bidder won -
Money counts but I m pretty sure that other factors contributed to him going to Georgetown such as friends, familiarity with the area, playing close to his family and playing for a known program and an established head coach.

There is always a portal season next year when he will probably going looking again.

Money counts but I m pretty sure that other factors contributed to him going to Georgetown such as friends, familiarity with the area, playing close to his family and playing for a known program and an established head coach.

There is always a portal season next year when he will probably going looking again.
Not to mention the education at least seems to be important to him considering he's now gone to Harvard and Georgetown.

St Johns NIL is backed by the multi billionaire Vitamin Water founder
This is why the Weitsman thing never made any sense to me, and the narrative on this board that "we are fine with NIL" doesn't make sense either.

Are we truly a Top 20 NIL program? I saw the football numbers, in which were in the bottom third of P5 prior to Fran's arrival.

This is why the Weitsman thing never made any sense to me, and the narrative on this board that "we are fine with NIL" doesn't make sense either.

Are we truly a Top 20 NIL program? I saw the football numbers, in which were in the bottom third of P5 prior to Fran's arrival.
I think we’re closer to above average in the ACC at least for bball. But we are constantly losing battles for players/recruits due to money.

I would imagine, eventually the high NIL demands ($500k+) bubble will pop but thats a matter of when.

Guess the high bidder won -
I get that we’ve known Cuse wasn’t getting Mack for a little bit, but this still sucks big time. I hate flipping Gtown. And Ed Cooley…don’t even get me started on his shady a$$.

I get that we’ve known Cuse wasn’t getting Mack for a little bit, but this still sucks big time. I hate flipping Gtown. And Ed Cooley…don’t even get me started on his shady a$$.

It was a decision that the staff made, its not like we absolutely couldn't have landed Mack or we lost to Gtown. It was more like we decided that the Kid wasn't worth the $$$ and chasing around.

I think we’re closer to above average in the ACC at least for bball. But we are constantly losing battles for players/recruits due to money.

I would imagine, eventually the high NIL demands ($500k+) bubble will pop but thats a matter of when.
Well, I would agree. Orange United is targeting $2M/$2.5M for men's basketball this coming season, as GM Mark Hayes recently told me. That's on par with most ACC schools. Most, not all.

Well, I would agree. Orange United is targeting $2M/$2.5M for men's basketball this coming season, as GM Mark Hayes recently told me. That's on par with most ACC schools. Most, not all.
Fans seem to think that is what we can toss at new players each season rather than it being the year to year budget. We still have to pay the guys coming back who got paid last season.

Not to mention the education at least seems to be important to him considering he's now gone to Harvard and Georgetown.
All that wasted education to still be dumb enough to go to Georgetown!

Fans seem to think that is what we can toss at new players each season rather than it being the year to year budget. We still have to pay the guys coming back who got paid last season.
Yeah, does every scholarship player get paid? If so, that's $150,000/player for 13 players on average.

If AW gives them 5M a year they could get good real fast. Totally different world, tradition and development are gone
He offered $1M/year for SU NIL. He said he would help Gerry if asked. It would be at a much smaller scale than what he offered SU and only because he is friends with Gerry. He is an SU fan and wants to help SU.

If someone paid you $1M, you'd play for the Hoyas, too. let's be real. You can still fly home on weekends.
Brother take a Xanax you need to chill. Can’t even tell an obvious joke anymore because you’re so strung up.

He offered $1M/year for SU NIL. He said he would help Gerry if asked. It would be at a much smaller scale than what he offered SU and only because he is friends with Gerry. He is an SU fan and wants to help SU.
That’s funny. From what I understand he tried to get big Pete to go to Lemoyne instead. Must be he was upset Gerry didn’t ask him for help.