Post Game FIGHT | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Post Game FIGHT

Guess you’ve never coached. I had a hard time letting assistants teach techniques because I wanted everything done my way. I don’t care about the fighting but preventing suspensions there wouldn’t be a chance in hell I’d just let assistants handle it lo
You brought cancer in to it to make a point. Lol. But my point was ridiculous even with video evidence.
Listen, how could he have handled 50-100 people better other than taking the flag from his own players , he doesn’t posses Jedi mind control

Listen, how could he have handled 50-100 people better other than taking the flag from his own players , he doesn’t posses Jedi mind control
I just retired from 30 years in LE and you don’t just insert yourself in energized crowds and have a instant and complete control over them , to think otherwise is just nonsense and ignorant

I am very happy that Syracuse won. To finally win a November game after three years is nice. What I am not happy with is what I have seen for six out of the seven years Dino Babers has been the head coach. Undisciplined penalty prone mistake filled football. There is no discipline on that team. Sparrow ran his mouth the entire game. Tonight for 45 minutes was embarrassing. They pulled away from a bad Boston College team that is probably more beat up than Syracuse. The Syracuse University Football Program is stuck in the mud because the driver doesn’t know how to stay on the road.

He’s as good a coach as Shafer. At least based on their records. I’m not angry at him. He’s just not a good coach.

Ridiculous take by you.
That's a bad take. Dino is a better coach than Shafer. There were disappointing moments, but Shafer got a bowl one year, and it was on a last second td. Not to mention ACC stunk that year, NC st was a 3 win team, Maryland lost diggs early on. Shafer lost by 56 to GT.

I have never coached D-1 football, and something tells me you haven’t either…

Never said I did lol. I’ve coached modified to D3 in different sports though. As most coaches will tell you, coaching in some ways is the same at different levels.

Much like the basketball skirmish today, this was not a big deal. Everyone freaks out and overreacts because it’s rare to see in these sports, but if you look at what actually happened, it’s really nothing. Just relax.

The guy that escalated it was a BC guy in a winter coat and white hat. He pushed someone then Darton came in and pushed him. Then #6 punched Darton and Carlos Del Wilson punched #6 and then #2 punched Wilson. Hafley walked away. Then ahole in the white winter hat then went up to Wax and started chit.

I’d run in to the middle of where my players were and start swearing, pushing them out of the way. At least make your presence felt in some way. That’s why you’re the head coach. You’re the guy that at least, everyone should listen to.

I’d run in to the middle of where my players were and start swearing, pushing them out of the way. At least make your presence felt in some way. That’s why you’re the head coach. You’re the guy that at least, everyone should listen to.
And I’m sure the melee would have ended immediately; run for president

And I’m sure the melee would have ended immediately; run for president

Not the point. Great job not getting it from a guy inserting cancer into the conversation. Have a good one.

Not the point. Great job not getting it from a guy inserting cancer into the conversation. Have a good one.
You’re so cool, and such a proven problem solver and emergency responder…you’re friends probably call you Dalton.

DB showing why he’s only a leader on YouTube. He’s off to the side waving guys to the locker room 30 yards away. Like anyone is looking over at him. Get over there and start cursing some guys out and getting them out of there. Good lord. Be a leader.
Not a fair assessment. Dino started by waving his arms but he continued to go directly to the center of the issue and even confiscated the flag from the players. Dino and all the coaches did a good job trying to contain a messy situation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom