Post Game FIGHT | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Post Game FIGHT

Not a fair assessment. Dino started by waving his arms but he continued to go directly to the center of the issue and even confiscated the flag from the players. Dino and all the coaches did a good job trying to contain a messy situation

Except Hafley. Watch that video. When a punch was thrown, he ran the other way.

Except Hafley. Watch that video. When a punch was thrown, he ran the other way.

I believe that. And maybe (probably) i’m overreacting on DB. I saw him at one point when it flared up again, way over on the side just waving guys over. So prob looked at the whole thing in a vacuum and reacted.

It doesn't look good when it appears the players are totally ignoring you, but fits in w/ the lack of discipline on the field since he's been here.
What is it supposed to look like when a head coach yells at his football team to stop reacting to an opponent who threw punches at you?

I dont have an issue with the end game scuffling. BC was chippy as hell all night, let them get some back. Nice to see the team fight for something besides leading the country in penalties. More power to em.

I believe that. And maybe (probably) i’m overreacting on DB. I saw him at one point when it flared up again, way over on the side just waving guys over. So prob looked at the whole thing in a vacuum and reacted.
The fight was like an amoeba on the field. It was moving and flowing in different directions. One sec you are in the middle and the next your on the edge and the middle is 15 yards to the right.

Never said I did lol. I’ve coached modified to D3 in different sports though. As most coaches will tell you, coaching in some ways is the same at different levels.
I’m sure they are, getting into the middle of a fight as a head coach is stupid at all levels

I saw at least 5 rivalry games with fights. We are not alone. This is what they have turned rivalry week into. If you want to make this manufactured rivalry thing a big deal, then this is what happens. Yes, to Mich. Ohio State. A true rivalry. But, for ex my son went to USC. USC UCLA is the rivalry, not USC, Notre Dame. This is all a media hype thing. But once again, I saw a fight in every game I watched today. And once again that was at least 5 of them. And every team had some thing they did at the end of the game if they won. In the MInnesota, Wisconsin game they had the ax that they were banging in the end zone. The flag only became a big deal when BC decided to make it a big deal. The winner should get to celebrate. The losing team should respect that.

Hey, I thought the skirmish was fun. Capped a nice win and the fact YES kept the cameras on it all for a little while was even better. Normally they cut away to a Popeyes commercial.
Disagree with your take on Dino - dude was in the mix and confiscated the flag.

Agree 100% with your take on fight. I loved the extra coverage and this team needs a spark. A fight can bond and refocus a team and we need any possible edge going into bowl season.

Last edited:
I just retired from 30 years in LE and you don’t just insert yourself in energized crowds and have a instant and complete control over them , to think otherwise is just nonsense and ignorant
Where is your officer presence :)

I worked law enforcement for 12 before blowing my back out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom