Post game press conference Clemson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Post game press conference Clemson

JB was saying the same sorts of things about Xmas the past three years.

You may not like it, but JB doesn't care. He does it. He has and he will till he retires. Sometimes it does bring out the best in the players, sometimes it doesn't. Not all kids can handle it.

Up till this year, I didn't think Xmas could handle it. I turned out being wrong. And now he is one of the best Centers in college basketball.

But then, what's worse, downing a player in public? Or saying you think they will leave the team, that they provide no value to the team? Seems to me, that some of you complaining about what JB says ought not live in glass houses.

I could not possibly agree with this post more.

he recruited and developed these guys to play here no ?
as a coach, you should absolutely not say everything publicly that you say to someone in person.

You want a manager or a coach or a mentor like that? I don't think so! STOP SAYING THAT PEOPLE!

Again, what did he say that was wrong? Do you think he's not saying this to Ron in private? All he said was that we are not getting any scoring from Ron and he can't make a shot? I don't get why you're offended by that. He critiqued a lot of other players too. It's not like he said Ron is a terrible player. If a kid is going to let those kinds of factual comments ruin his confidence, we don't want him on our team.

Maybe Rakeem Christmas grows up as a sophomore or junior.

Maybe Fab Melo is more mature

Maybe Devo and Paul Harris do more

Maybe the Wright (non) Brothers do something with their career

Maybe Edelin doesn't go crazy

Maybe trob and watkins act like the NBA players their size allowed them to be

Maybe Deshaun doesn't hook up with other players g/fs

Or Maybe there is a better way to deal with players.

I love Boeheim and I love what he has done for Syracuse. I want to do 1/100th of what he has done for Syracuse.

Wow! Boeheim's post game press conference comments did all that?

Does anyone know or care anything about sports psychology at all?

I don't even know much about it... but I know how you should treat people! And I know how negativity can effect certain people!

This isn't that difficult.

I couldn't disagree more with your take on this. Did you ever play ball? If you did, I don't see how it could have been at a highly competitive level with the sensitive treatment you would have required. JB said something that the players already know. It wasn't an accusation and it wasn't placing blame on them. If I was in a slump, I knew it. If the coach was asked why we weren't scoring as much and he commented that I wasn't able to put the ball in the hoop, I'd have to agree. Just a statement of fact. And FYI, your analogy to you going bald is ridiculous as it is in no way relevant. It was just a random statement. If you don't want comments about your "receding hairline", don't get involved in a contest or conversation where it is actually pertinent. Sheesh. Talk about touchy-feely.

Maybe Rakeem Christmas grows up as a sophomore or junior.

Maybe Fab Melo is more mature

Maybe Devo and Paul Harris do more

Maybe the Wright (non) Brothers do something with their career

Maybe Edelin doesn't go crazy

Maybe trob and watkins act like the NBA players their size allowed them to be

Maybe Deshaun doesn't hook up with other players g/fs

Or Maybe there is a better way to deal with players.

I love Boeheim and I love what he has done for Syracuse. I want to do 1/100th of what he has done for Syracuse.
So JB caused the Wrights to use the chronic and Edelin to have a chemical imbalance. Who knew the power of JB?

I couldn't disagree more with your take on this. Did you ever play ball? If you did, I don't see how it could have been at a highly competitive level with the sensitive treatment you would have required. JB said something that the players already know. It wasn't an accusation and it wasn't placing blame on them. If I was in a slump, I knew it. If the coach was asked why we weren't scoring as much and he commented that I wasn't able to put the ball in the hoop, I'd have to agree. Just a statement of fact. And FYI, your analogy to you going bald is ridiculous as it is in no way relevant. It was just a random statement. If you don't want comments about your "receding hairline", don't get involved in a contest or conversation where it is actually pertinent. Sheesh. Talk about touchy-feely.

What?

The point was JB was talking about Trevor and Mike. And took advantage to take a pot shot at Ron. Like I said, talking about my shoes is not pertinent to my head.

If there was a question in regards to Ron, I could understand some comment about him not scoring. But its not like Trevor (my favorite player) scored or could put the ball in the bucket to save his life today - but there was no need for a comment - and JB didnt make the comment even in the question about HIM.

JB defends his older players like they are his own kids. But takes any advantage to point out the younger players weaknesses. I think if anything, it should be the opposite.

Im fine with you disagreeing with me. I respect your opinion. I just happen to side with Coach K's strategy of coaching men.

You getting so up in arms on a forum about my opinion and trying to belittle my competitiveness seems pretty touchy-feely to me.

So JB caused the Wrights to use the chronic and Edelin to have a chemical imbalance. Who knew the power of JB?

I didn't say he was the cause of their mistakes (at least I didnt intend to). But I do think there is a better way to mentor young men.

I am stunned at Ron's inability to make any jump shots...I mean for a guy playing D-1 basketball you would think he could make something happen offensively once in a while. ?

Why? I watched him play one game and I knew: as a basketball player for a P5 power program, he stinks.

JB is one of the greatest program builders of all time, a fine strategist, and an excellent judge of talent but he lacks good manners. In this regard he does not adhere to social norms. Sensitivity has zero importance in his world. In fact, he despises it. His replies are not part of a grand scheme tailor made for individual players to get the best out of them. This is simply how JB rolls. He has always been a tough cookie and with age he is now a tough old codger. We have not seen it as much because his teams have been consistently better than this one.

I didn't say he was the cause of their mistakes (at least I didnt intend to). But I do think there is a better way to mentor young men.
You realize that part of the NCAA issue, where they want to declare us an out of control program, is for all the help they did give those guys, far and away more than the NCAA allows, because it was right for the kids.

Why? I watched him play one game and I knew: as a basketball player for a P5 power program, he stinks.

You should be a scout somewhere then!

The little I know says you are wrong with this comment.

Maybe some elite players can zone out public criticism from their head coaches (or maybe the elite players don't get the petty criticism)... but the everyday player is not going to be 100% immune to it.

Aren't these elite level college players? I would say they are given the % of players who make it to this level of basketball. They certainly aren't 'everyday players'.

All this stuff about players being hurt by what JB says in a press conference. They've just been in the locker room with him. What do you think he said there? I doubt any of them listen to anything said in the press conference.

It's like your dentist giving a press conference after he's drilled your teeth. And your wife asks if something he said hurt.
HUGE difference between saying it in the confines of the locker room and telling the world.

What?

The point was JB was talking about Trevor and Mike. And took advantage to take a pot shot at Ron. Like I said, talking about my shoes is not pertinent to my head.

If there was a question in regards to Ron, I could understand some comment about him not scoring. But its not like Trevor (my favorite player) scored or could put the ball in the bucket to save his life today - but there was no need for a comment - and JB didnt make the comment even in the question about HIM.

JB defends his older players like they are his own kids. But takes any advantage to point out the younger players weaknesses. I think if anything, it should be the opposite.

Im fine with you disagreeing with me. I respect your opinion. I just happen to side with Coach K's strategy of coaching men.

You getting so up in arms on a forum about my opinion and trying to belittle my competitiveness seems pretty touchy-feely to me.

Coach K is maybe the greatest coach of all time and yes every coach should aspire to be more like him. His leadership skills are said to be second to none.

I get the point you are making but I do think you are going a little overboard in this instance. When coach was talking about CMac and the draft I thought coach was being a jerk but not this time.

Coach K is maybe the greatest coach of all time and yes every coach should aspire to be more like him. His leadership skills are said to be second to none.

I get the point you are making but I do think you are going a little overboard in this instance. When coach was talking about CMac and the draft I thought coach was being a jerk but not this time.

The only reason you think I am going overboard is because a few people needed to strongly disagree with any sort of criticism of JB.

I was never THAT mad. Just took exception to the 1 comment out of nowhere and thought it was unnecessary and made a comment. And then had to respond to a bunch of responses.

I very much appreciate your post and your opinion in this case.

The only reason you think I am going overboard is because a few people needed to strongly disagree with any sort of criticism of JB.

I was never THAT mad. Just took exception to the 1 comment out of nowhere and thought it was unnecessary and made a comment. And then had to respond to a bunch of responses.

I very much appreciate your post and your opinion in this case.

I don't mind coach getting criticized...I will do it myself when warranted.

Take care.

Patterson wasn't a good shooter in prep school.

Not sure why JB is suddenly surprised.

Outside of Ennis, just some poor judgment in recruiting.

I don't mind coach getting criticized...I will do it myself when warranted.

Take care.

Just to confirm you didnt take my post as condescending or anything... I meant it as you were 1 of the few to respond in a rational way - even in disagreeing with me. Instead of calling me a sissy, touchy-feely, or question if I've ever played competitive sports.

I really did appreciate your stance on it.

CusefanATL said:
No one protected Edelin like JB. NO ONE. Anything contrary to that is revisionist BS.

No one protected Edelin like JB. NO ONE. Anything contrary to that is revisionist BS.

Fair enough. calling it "Revisionst BS" is probably a bit overboard, but I hear ya.

AZOrange said:

As well he should have. Mood disorders are very serious especially for teenagers/young adults. Lots of suicide attempts even with drugs and psychiatric help. The adjustments to the meds work worse in that age range.

CusefanATL said:
Fair enough. calling it "Revisionst BS" is probably a bit overboard, but I hear ya.
Fine. But I interpreted your post as saying that if JB takes a different approach maybe "Edelin doesn't go crazy." Did I understand that incorrectly? Because if I did understand it correctly I might have been too light. Insinuating JB had anything to do with someone's mental health is absurd. If I misunderstood, my apologies.

HUGE difference between saying it in the confines of the locker room and telling the world.

Not if the player aren't paying atteniton to his press conference, and I doubt they are. If they are, they certain aren't shocked by what he says in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom