Post game press conference Clemson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Post game press conference Clemson

Have any of JB's former players bad-mouthed him about what he says in press conferences? I've never heard it.

What?

The point was JB was talking about Trevor and Mike. And took advantage to take a pot shot at Ron.

Listen to what he actually said.

"But for us to play well, Trevor and Mike have to score. If they don't score we're gonna have problems. We don't have other options. Kaleb does some crazy stuff, which is normal for a freshman, but he was more aggressive in the 2nd half, and he got in the lane and he got some good shots, and he has to really continue to that, because we're getting no scoring out of Ronnie at all, he can't make a shot, so we've got to get something more from Kaleb in those situations."

It wasn't a pot shot at all. He was explaining that we need Trevor and Mike to score because we don't have other options. Explained Kaleb needs to continue to score because Patterson isn't scoring. The comment about Patterson was in the context of what he was talking about, with regard scoring we need to play well. He took potshots at McCullough, but here he is just explaining what we need.

Fine. But I interpreted your post as saying that if JB takes a different approach maybe "Edelin doesn't go crazy." Did I understand that incorrectly? Because if I did understand it correctly I might have been too light. Insinuating JB had anything to do with someone's mental health is absurd. If I misunderstood, my apologies.

I was just listing off of the top of my head numerous instances that have gone on in the lat 15 years that if mentored differently could have had different results. That was 1 of about a dozen.

I still don't know exactly what happened with Edelin. My apologies if you do, but the public doesn't.

I never meant to insinuate Boeheim caused a mental illness. Only that it POSSIBLY could have been handled differently. I have more history with mental illness than I care to think about. I know how hard it is and I know how sensitive it is. My sincerest apologies if that's how it came across, especially with my wording - which upon further review does seem stupid to say "crazy"

Listen to what he actually said.

"But for us to play well, Trevor and Mike have to score. If they don't score we're gonna have problems. We don't have other options. Kaleb does some crazy stuff, which is normal for a freshman, but he was more aggressive in the 2nd half, and he got in the lane and he got some good shots, and he has to really continue to that, because we're getting no scoring out of Ronnie at all, he can't make a shot, so we've got to get something more from Kaleb in those situations."

It wasn't a pot shot at all. He was explaining that we need Trevor and Mike to score because we don't have other options. Explained Kaleb needs to continue to score because Patterson isn't scoring. The comment about Patterson was in the context of what he was talking about, with regard scoring we need to play well. He took potshots at McCullough, but here he is just explaining what we need.

I think its time we agree to disagree on this and just move on :)

In my opinion, that is still an unnecessary shot (or at least could have been worded softer) at a kid who just hit a huge 3 in the prior game. My opinion probably isn't going to change.

I think its time we agree to disagree on this and just move on :)

In my opinion, that is still an unnecessary shot (or at least could have been worded softer) at a kid who just hit a huge 3 in the prior game. My opinion probably isn't going to change.

So you DO want Boeheim to sugarcoat it. I don't. He said nothing wrong and certainly wasn't mean spirited about it. The day Boehiem or we need to worry about a player caring about a comment like that, is the day we understand that kid shouldnt be playing at this level. I doubt Patteron was offended by it or even cared. He's a big boy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom