Post spring unit Depth Charts | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Post spring unit Depth Charts

Thanks for putting up with me. Bees loves my repetitive nature but others have a hard time with it.
We all put up with each other. We all share the same passion for SU football and it allows me to see different perspectives. The candid reponses are needed here at times. It forces me to look at things from a different point of view.

I started going to games when i was 4 or 5. 62 -63. Have bled orange ever since. Lots of Family have gone to SU. My Dads 88 and goes to every game plus a couple of away games each year. SU sports have created friendships, bonds, and memories my entire life and always will.
This board is amazing. Agree or disagree everyone here loves SU.
People like you and others who have real knowledge of the sport add so much. Thx for your post as they are truly appreciated.

I started going to games when i was 4 or 5. 62 -63. Have bled orange ever since. Lots of Family have gone to SU. My Dads 88 and goes to every game plus a couple of away games each year. SU sports have created friendships, bonds, and memories my entire life and always will.
This board is amazing. Agree or disagree everyone here loves SU.
People like you and others who have real knowledge of the sport add so much. Thx for your post as they are truly appreciated.
Respect brother

Man, idk, everyone seems so worried about the DL but I’m actually not at all

For the first time in forever, I actually trust this coaching staff

This team and staff has a chance at being special in 2023.

This year is a bridge/progress year.

Things are going to be exciting for Syracuse Football the next couple years

Agree. I cant believe I'm typing this but as long as we are competitive I want Dino and this staff to stay intact as long as possible.

What quality DT transfer was coming in to compete with 4 senior lineman? Even if they brought one in Lockett could have still been better than him. He moved his way to second on the depth chart. You dont sit players that can help you win. He can possibly have 3 years as a starter because he got valuable experience as a freshman. There's not going to be much redshirting now with this new transfer policy. Also keep in mind he could still redshirt at any time.
Yeah, I usually err on the side of preserving the redshirt, but Lockett played a ton. That's a fine use of his true freshman year eligibility.

The worst are the guys that have a redshirt burned by sneaking into a 5th game or 6th, playing very sparingly or just on specials. Those are the ones that really hurt.

So you trust the coaching staff? Well, the coaching staff tried like hell to get Jared Verse; they are trying to get Cam Goode too. So, obviously, even the coaching staff think we need help on the D-Line.

Same because 6/7 months ago I wanted him fired LOL
Hes a good figure head type of leader. Now that he has some coaches around him that are not from his tree, I believe we are going to reach a new level. It's obvious that White was a huge upgrade as well as the OL coach. Hiring a specials coach with this guy's credentials is beyond what i expected and the OC and QB coach are homeruns. Toss in the WR coach who has major creds, and the staff is ACC caliber.

Hes a good figure head type of leader. Now that he has some coaches around him that are not from his tree, I believe we are going to reach a new level. It's obvious that White was a huge upgrade as well as the OL coach. Hiring a specials coach with this guy's credentials is beyond what i expected and the OC and QB coach are homeruns. Toss in the WR coach who has major creds, and the staff is ACC caliber.

So much for the idea of hiring a successful coach from a lower level who will bring his staff with him to implement his successful system.

So you trust the coaching staff? Well, the coaching staff tried like hell to get Jared Verse; they are trying to get Cam Goode too. So, obviously, even the coaching staff think we need help on the D-Line.

Trust me, I’m well aware of who they are trying to get, who they are actually putting the full court press on and who we actually have a shot to bring in is

He’s the one who did the hiring? I don’t think “figure head” is near enough credit.

Trust me, I’m well aware of who they are trying to get, who they are actually putting the full court press on and who we actually have a shot to bring in is
Can you share if Mesidor is a possible? Because I'm going to cling onto getting Goode AND Mesidor, until that bubble bursts.

So much for the idea of hiring a successful coach from a lower level who will bring his staff with him to implement his successful system.
Lewis was the key on O., I think one of the most important factors in college coaching is hiring coaches that are a good cultural fit. Swag has roots in the area and now that we have a staff that has an eastern flavor vs one that is west coast I believe recruiting will pick up. Somehow I just didn't see Gilberts cowboy boots and Texas drawl doing well in NY NJ or PA

So you come to the Cuse board to say that? I wouldn’t be on another teams board if I felt confident about a SU win. There would be no reason to say anything.
No just hear me out. Ive been following this team since Freeney and Coach P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom