Post SU-VT thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Post SU-VT thoughts

Hey, I'm guzzling the Kool-aid. Just noticed how bad the VT linebacker was on those 2 big catches. But, it can definitely be argued that Liberty and VT snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. And, we did the same against Fsu, WF, and CU.
Strong isn’t a LB, he’s a Covid-Freshman DB. Shrader saw the size mismatch pre snap and attacked it.

I’m shocked VT wasn’t playing a deep zone at the end. I would think coordinators will try to play more zone against shrader moving forward anyway so that they can keep eyes on his scrambling.

Strong isn’t a LB, he’s a Covid-Freshman DB. Shrader saw the size mismatch pre snap and attacked it.
That's on me. Every #44 I see these days is a linebacker it seems. Shockingly bad technique for a db, even a frosh.

Last edited:
I’m shocked VT wasn’t playing a deep zone at the end. I would think coordinators will try to play more zone against shrader moving forward anyway so that they can keep eyes on his scrambling.
You are probably right but it looks like Shrader and the receivers are getting on the same page. Also, as opposed to the prevailing board wisdom, Shrader is throwing deep ball strikes and finding and hitting targets underneath. I think this offense can continue to put more points up, 50+ would help things out.