Post your parking selection day assignments here | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Post your parking selection day assignments here

Isn't that where Flint hall is up on the hill where you have to go up the staircase with 2,942 stairs to reach the top? We parked there as a kid since my mother worked up there and I could never understand why it took her and my dad so long to reach the top.

Well ok now I'm my mom and dad when it comes to walking up that staircase (as we park up there often for hoops, exhausting!).

True. I guess it would be worse post game lol

No problem...glad to help. Not sure how to do the PM thing.

Mike - I have buyers for the two passes but they are not on the board. Send me your email address and I will hook you up. You can PM me by clicking "Inbox" at the top of the screen, then Start a conversation at the bottom of the dropdown.

Anyone know anything about the VA Garage? SU’s parking map says it opens only two hours before kickoff. Is that true?

Like the location. But that limits the tailgating time.

Anyone know anything about the VA Garage? SU’s parking map says it opens only two hours before kickoff. Is that true?

View attachment 165386

Like the location. But that limits the tailgating time.

I believe that is true yes, also SU is pretty strict about tailgating for the garages ie no open flames etc. Certainly wouldn't be impossible to tailgate but unless you were on the roof or its the last game of the year and 35 degrees out I don't think your going to be wanting to tailgate in the garage itself. If your talking about heading over to the quad or a nearby lot to tailgate that is a nice location and close to pretty much everything. Getting out after games though is a nightmare if your not tailgating post game.

I believe that is true yes, also SU is pretty strict about tailgating for the garages ie no open flames etc. Certainly wouldn't be impossible to tailgate but unless you were on the roof or its the last game of the year and 35 degrees out I don't think your going to be wanting to tailgate in the garage itself. If your talking about heading over to the quad or a nearby lot to tailgate that is a nice location and close to pretty much everything. Getting out after games though is a nightmare if your not tailgating post game.
First year STH. Choosing parking later today (low priority), and been following the updates here. Looks like most of the lots west of the Dome near Sadler and Lawrinson, except for VAHG are sold out at this point. Was thinking about proximity to the Fine Mess tailgate, but the two-hour cutoff and postgame exit issue will likely have me choosing elsewhere.

First year STH. Choosing parking later today (low priority), and been following the updates here. Looks like most of the lots west of the Dome near Sadler and Lawrinson, except for VAHG are sold out at this point. Was thinking about proximity to the Fine Mess tailgate, but the two-hour cutoff and postgame exit issue will likely have me choosing elsewhere.

It's a tough call because as you noted at this point there is little in the way of parking through SU on the west side as the lots are all sold out save for the garage. From a fine mess perspective that is pretty good location and would put you about a 5 min walk from us. There are some other non SU options on that side of the Dome ie MLK school which some people park in as well as the Sheraton garage and the parking garage next to crouse. The only problem with those two is while there open more then 2 hours pre game, its a longer walk to both the fine mess and the Dome, but certainly doable. I know there are a few private lots near Marshall and around the west side but someone who is more familiar would need to comment on that. There is also a small lot down below us at the fine lot that I think is open to the public or at least used to be. Some guys park up at Manley early and grab a shuttle down to the Dome and then walk over to Fine. Not exactly a walk in the park but again doable. Your best bet might be to call your ticket rep and discuss your options. Confirm that opening time of the garage and if he/she has any other recommendations. While only opening 2 hours before is much less then optimal I would assume it probably opens at least 10-15 before that and if your there as it opens you would still have a few hours to tailgate and would be close to everything. Connor Siskovic is one of the best over there and I would recommend speaking with him if at all possible.

It's a tough call because as you noted at this point there is little in the way of parking through SU on the west side as the lots are all sold out save for the garage. From a fine mess perspective that is pretty good location and would put you about a 5 min walk from us. There are some other non SU options on that side of the Dome ie MLK school which some people park in as well as the Sheraton garage and the parking garage next to crouse. The only problem with those two is while there open more then 2 hours pre game, its a longer walk to both the fine mess and the Dome, but certainly doable. I know there are a few private lots near Marshall and around the west side but someone who is more familiar would need to comment on that. There is also a small lot down below us at the fine lot that I think is open to the public or at least used to be. Some guys park up at Manley early and grab a shuttle down to the Dome and then walk over to Fine. Not exactly a walk in the park but again doable. Your best bet might be to call your ticket rep and discuss your options. Confirm that opening time of the garage and if he/she has any other recommendations. While only opening 2 hours before is much less then optimal I would assume it probably opens at least 10-15 before that and if your there as it opens you would still have a few hours to tailgate and would be close to everything. Connor Siskovic is one of the best over there and I would recommend speaking with him if at all possible.

Yeah the 2 hour thing is a challenge. I probably would rather park down by Harrison or University Ave and be able to enjoy the campus and Marshall on the way to the tailgate and Dome rather than be limited by the 2 hour window

Yeah the 2 hour thing is a challenge. I probably would rather park down by Harrison or University Ave and be able to enjoy the campus and Marshall on the way to the tailgate and Dome rather than be limited by the 2 hour window
Chose Harrison. Surface lot over the University Ave Garage. We've been coming for years, and always make a stop at The Place of Remembrance. It's just something we do. Even though I didn't know any of the students on PanAm 103, being on campus at that time, it was a somber as it gets. As it turns out, my wife lived on the same street in Potomac, Maryland, as Shannon Davis. They used to play together as kids. With Harrison, we'll be able to continue our tradition, as we head over to the tailgate.

FWIW, we'll have tickets and parking available for three to four games ... probably like many others. Being from Cleveland, with a junior who plays varsity high school football, we won't make it to every game. But we're thrilled to be new STHs! We'll be there as often as we can.

The walk is the perfect distance to finish a roadie on the way up.

update areas a and b parking are completely sold out

mount olympus has 13
harrison has about 25-30
uag has about 1/3 left to fill

all d level have sufficient spaces

For what it’s worth, I donate $1,000 for the right to pay $800-something for tickets, for nosebleed seats and an area parking lot 0.9 miles from the stadium.

For what it’s worth, I donate $1,000 for the right to pay $800-something for tickets, for nosebleed seats and an area parking lot 0.9 miles from the stadium.
Just for reference, the Carrier Dome is just a hair less than .9 miles from Manley if you cut through the cemetery. The OnCenter garage downtown is about .9 miles from the Dome walking, as is a walk from Water Street and University Ave.

While this is a big change for many, the cost is very reasonable and the lots are a lot closer than a lot of our ACC brethren have to deal with.

so i log in today to my acct to check something and the parking window now is available and says i have unassigned parking spaces available for purchase. and now i think i have 2 different passes although i have 2 email confirmations and nothing for paid invoices..

guess i have to call again

turned out they had me down for 2 passes in different lots.. ended up changing to MT Olympus just because the walk is so much closer, no bus at all either way, and due for a change after 30 yrs of Manley..

turned out they had me down for 2 passes in different lots.. ended up changing to MT Olympus just because the walk is so much closer, no bus at all either way, and due for a change after 30 yrs of Manley..
Why is Mt. Olympus a D (Green) lot given how close it is?

i was surprised it was available just because it is so close.. maybe its a pain to get back out but its not a huge lot of cars to fight back out.

its not really that many steps and not all that step. its an easier walk than up the hill from Fine lot. I know it will be easier at night than stumbling thru the cemetery stumbling over headstones.

but i figured i can be back back to my car before i can get to the manley buses.. so at least if the dome crowds pick up, that wait will go away. and if its slow traffic getting out that usually means its slow getting out of Manley too so thats a wash.

its going to start with a good test with the Clemson game

its not really that many steps and not all that step. its an easier walk than up the hill from Fine lot. I know it will be easier at night than stumbling thru the cemetery stumbling over headstones.

but i figured i can be back back to my car before i can get to the manley buses.. so at least if the dome crowds pick up, that wait will go away. and if its slow traffic getting out that usually means its slow getting out of Manley too so thats a wash.

Oakwood now has a paved path from the cemetery parking to ESF’s Campus Dr. No stumbling among headstones unless you don’t park in the designated parking places along the road. They also have mobile huge lights for night games.

i know its lighted but only the first 1/2 of the walk.. once you leave the area where cars park its pretty dark and if you are actually walking to manley you tend to cut across the 2nd half and then it gets dicey. it is way better than it used to be though. its still not a very safe walk though it you arent paying attention. the cars leaving drive pretty fast for the amount of people walking on the sides of the road.

i know its lighted but only the first 1/2 of the walk.. once you leave the area where cars park its pretty dark and if you are actually walking to manley you tend to cut across the 2nd half and then it gets dicey. it is way better than it used to be though. its still not a very safe walk though it you arent paying attention. the cars leaving drive pretty fast for the amount of people walking on the sides of the road.

I agree. I was just referring to parking at Oakwood itself not using it as a way to get to Manley, sorry. Jay walking to cross Comstock to get to Manley has to be taking one’s life in your hands just by itself.

Oh i hear you I would not have hesitated to choose the Mount. I'm really thinking more in terms of older folks, or possibly people with very young kids

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom