Post your parking selection day assignments here | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Post your parking selection day assignments here

Plenty of West lot spots available as well as VA Garage. If anyone needs an update on a specific lot, let me know as I can look still.

They must have released more in West! I talked to my rep at around 9 and he said there were just a handful of available spots. Not sure where all this inventory is coming from. Maybe we will get a notification that West Lot parking is only for bicycles!

They must have released more in West! I talked to my rep at around 9 and he said there were just a handful of available spots. Not sure where all this inventory is coming from. Maybe we will get a notification that West Lot parking is only for bicycles!

I think there are two schools of thought here. 1. The change in the entire process has confused a small but sizeable portion of prior pass holders who didn't follow the new process and think there still grandfathered in for a pass and are going to be sorely mistaken in the next 30-45 days when they realize what has happened.

2. SU is selling the amount of passes that correlates closely to how many actual spots there are versus taking into account students not moving their cars or staff parking there etc etc etc. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread they knew someone who arrived about 45 min to the LSU home game only to find the Fine and Standart lots sold out. Something tells me this Clemson game is going to be logistical nightmare.

maybe people are choosing to park in other lots that are easier to get in and out of, just a guess. We got our spot in Harrison where we've been parking the past 7 years or so.

I will keep parking in SkyTop because we have friends who go to games sporadically and parking in West would keep them from tailgating with us. Plus there are some nice grassy spots that are a lot better to tailgate on than pavement especially in early September.

VA Garage - 40 spots left on the map
West - 21 spots
$150 spots - Waverly & Ostrom are sold out, UNVS nearing sell out. All others - decent supply.
$100 spots - ample quantities

SU's new parking lot staff had a breakthrough in increasing capacity.

PSlfF.jpg

Last edited:
They really must be committed to moving the law school students out before games.

Are they going to enforce getting students out of West and other lots by Friday evenings?

It's going to be a sh1tshow if they have tow trucks in there Saturday mornings at the same time people are trying to get in to tailgate.

My father's business in downtown Cortland had to deal with this every other year with Cortaca Jug and students standing in front of the tow trucks like it was Tiananman Square.

That, or at least they're committed to selling a bunch of spaces twice!
I think what's going on is that they're counting the total number of spaces in both West lots, instead of counting Raynor and Henry (FINE) separately. It should be obvious to them that the FINE lot fills up first ,,, which is why it gets barricaded by the time we roll in from Rochester 2 hours b/f game time. I know it's a tough year with the construction, but lumping those 2 lots together for sales purposes does not value the tail gating experience .. and they should be taking that into consideration. They know the FINE MESS is in Henry.

i am on the map right now....

there are 13 west lot slots left
about 45 va garage slots
all but 10 in mount olympus
university ave south has 2
university ave north about 20
harrison about 25
university garabe about 20
comstock garage about 25
skytop about 65
north manley about 85
south manley about 100

i did not make another selection, if someone really wants something listed above id be more than happy to select it for you

Last edited:
i am on the map right now...

there are 13 west lot slots left
about 45 va garage slots
all but 10 in mount olympus
university ave south has 2
university ave north about 20
harrison about 25
university garabe about 20
comstock garage about 25
skytop about 65
north manley about 85
south manley about 100
Raynor is sold out then?

That, or at least they're committed to selling a bunch of spaces twice!

Unfortunately I think this is exactly what happened. I think were in for a deluge of stories of people who got to the Dome an hour before the Clemson game only to find all the west lots "sold out" despite having a pass. For us tailgaters its no issue of course but I think a few dozen people at least are in for an unhappy surprise.

Are they going to enforce getting students out of West and other lots by Friday evenings?

It's going to be a sh1tshow if they have tow trucks in there Saturday mornings at the same time people are trying to get in to tailgate.

My father's business in downtown Cortland had to deal with this every other year with Cortaca Jug and students standing in front of the tow trucks like it was Tiananman Square.

Unless there is a change in how they have handled it in the past I don't expect SU to enforce it at all. As I noted in another post I saw them enforce students moving once the entire time I have parked there and that was the very first game after the law dorm went in. After that there hasn't been any save for the second to last home game two years ago when suddenly there was a new supervisor or something who thought he was part of the Waffen-SS and was harassing us and other people about fine lot stickers for some unknown reason. Needless to say we didn't see him after several people associated with the tailgate with bigger bankrolls then me let it be known they weren't happy.

Usually the lot at 4+ hours before a game is at minimum 25% full at least. I've seen multiple games where feels 50% full and its 4 and a half hours from kick.

yea crazy i didnt think there was a prayer to be west lot slots available past monday so i already have my west pass without su

Me either, will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out. Did SU over sell? Did people forget about the process who aren't as clued as we are? Other factors? Seems unlikely demand would be that low considering how popular it has been the last 3-4 years+

Me either, will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out. Did SU over sell? Did people forget about the process who aren't as clued as we are? Other factors? Seems unlikely demand would be that low considering how popular it has been the last 3-4 years+
could some people just be rolling the dice and not getting passes ahead of time and doing day of game because they (a) dont have a computer to select or (b) are frustrated with the process?

could some people just be rolling the dice and not getting passes ahead of time and doing day of game because they (a) dont have a computer to select or (b) are frustrated with the process?

Certainly possible but I would have to think most people and I do mean most who have had passes in the past know how much of a cluster it is for non permit parking up there. Closest place is probably the parking garage next to Crouse at 25 bucks a pop.

Odd question, what is your dad’s business? My dad had a business in downtown Cortland that he just retired from/sold two years ago.

If they want to ensure the student cars are moved (so the parking pass boosters aren’t pissed off) and make cash at the same time, then I suggest taking a few enterprising students or dome workers and have them valet the cars for the students for $20-$30 bucks per game (school keeps half and driver keeps half)

The students can either do it the night before on their own for free, pay small amount for valet service or pay an obnoxiously high fine $100+

I bet more then half of them valet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom