Postgame Thoughts… Duke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Duke

Also- the mid second half interview with Juli was weird imo. Just such a strange time for it. Tough spot.
They've got to find something interesting to keep people watching.
And heaven knows it wasn't the game.

Same reason the PBP'ers spent so much time talking about other things.

It was nice to see Symir getting so much praise from Billas and LaPhonso Ellis.
He deserves it.
And apparently it hasn't been coming from the coach.

If fans want to make a point and still support the University, start showing up en masse to the Woman's basketball games and stop going to the mens games.
I was more upset when we lost Engstler to transfer than Kadary.

Engstler is the type of player i want on my team .
Tough, smart, willing to pass and do the dirty work.

What’s up with interview bashing?
I’m sure Julie agreed before the game she would do a interview, was she supposed to back out just because the Orange were getting blasted?
Not agree to do it at all? The fans don’t want to hear this feel good story when you are under 500. They just don’t.

ftr, I don’t blame her at all

Do the Boeheims care? The kids don’t play hard unless the ball is in their hands and their father lets them do whatever they want instead of what’s best for the team. It’s unbelievable to watch.
they care.

i think they are just being super effected by everything...the losing...on their dads watch

they care

they just arent good

i think buddy and jimmy are broken mentally at this point ...for this season anyway

The end of season defensive numbers are going to All-Time bad. The amount of made threes per game against us is an absolute joke.

Why would you ever play a bunch of 3 pt. shooters who are consistently outshot from 3? Major miscalculation by staff in the off season.

I mean if the rumor is true that the kids don’t want to leave after this year because they don’t want to be part of their dad’s only losing season, have they thought about the possibility that they could be part of his only TWO losing seasons? It’s like a gambler chasing losses.
ADJW is going to have to step in if that’s the plan. Standards are too high, rightfully so, to do this again. Not fair to anyone who isn’t a Boeheim.

I mean if the rumor is true that the kids don’t want to leave after this year because they don’t want to be part of their dad’s only losing season, have they thought about the possibility that they could be part of his only TWO losing seasons? It’s like a gambler chasing losses.

Oh boy. Cut your losses and walk away otherwise the Boeheim name will be mud in this town. It will get really ugly.

The talent disparity of this team vs top 25 teams is massive. If we don't get 2 (not 1 but 2) high level accomplished talents in the transfer portal for next season things will get even worse next year. Having Jimmy and Swider back is not the answer.

they care.

i think they are just being super effected by everything...the losing...on their dads watch

they care

they just arent good

i think buddy and jimmy are broken mentally at this point ...for this season anyway
Your last point appears to be the case. I honestly think the only person that can stop next year’s repeat is Julie.

She can’t be enjoying this as much as she says. Everyone is aware that he’s never had a losing season.

Entitlement’s nearly killed this program. I wonder if it’ll be nearly the attractive job it would have been once JB’s out.

Yes. I think the fact that is hasn't been open in nearly 50 years makes it more attractive.

But you don't want to be looking when other top jobs are open. If Mack gets fired the year JB leaves Lville can snipe our hire at the 11th hour.

On that note. I've had a hard time trying to explain JBs strategy over the past couple years to myself and friends in basketball logic terms. I would say tacking on to your point the best way to summarize it is Clark Griswold in Vegas Vacation.

I think the better analogy

Let's see what we can look like with Sy and Benny getting heavy minutes alongside Jesse. Don't really care who else joins them on the court. Maybe Swider too but really those 3 with the most important thing being trying to develop Benny and Symir.
Ain't happening. Not with JB at helm. He has a point to prove, and he'll do that come hell or highwater.

Oh well, can't win them all.

Hopefully the kids had fun.

The good news is, with the nooner start, I've got a good rest of the afternoon planned... Home Depot... Trader Joe's... Bed, Bath, and Beyond... Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.

Don't know if we'll have enough time...
Good to see you supporting the local businesses. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom