Postgame Thoughts… Duke | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Duke

I didn’t watch. SU v Duke. I decided to go to a friggin yoga class. Came to the board just now to see the obvious result.

One more time - I intentionally didn’t watch SU play Duke on national TV. That’s it. Ca suffit! Ain’t fun anymore. Boring.

Up until a few days ago the story was Buddy and Jimmy are leaving after this year. What has happened that now Jimmy wants to be back and maybe Buddy too? What changed? The losing season? If he brings back the same guys next season we'll get the same result. This team is too lacking in athleticism and quickness to play decent defense or get out on the break. JB has to see that.

I don’t know what was worse the coaching job by JB or the interview by Juli both were terrible looks for the university
OK we played poorly. TOs were kind in the Box Score at 10. Terrible 3pt. shooting. Defense was probably not as quite as bad as it looked with the team we have. You drop off the 3pt shooters and you get what we got. You stay in their face and Williams and Co. kill you underneath worse than they did.

But what with the coaching job by JB was so bad? Please enlighten us.

I didn’t watch. SU v Duke. I decided to go to a friggin yoga class. Came to the board just now to see the obvious result.

One more time - I intentionally didn’t watch SU play Duke on national TV. That’s it. Ca suffit! Ain’t fun anymore. Boring.
I need a yoga class after watching that game.

I caught flack or saying Buddy would only be all conference and he wasn’t good enough to be an AA.

This is playing out like it should. Just are who we are.
I said the same thing. I wish he was an all-American but people don’t watch the best players if they thought we had one.

He is a solid player who will
Be 2nd or 3rd team All-ACC.

Up until a few days ago the story was Buddy and Jimmy are leaving after this year. What has happened that now Jimmy wants to be back and maybe Buddy too? What changed? The losing season? If he brings back the same guys next season we'll get the same result. This team is too lacking in athleticism and quickness to play decent defense or get out on the break. JB has to see that.
"They're our two leading scorers..."

He could have coached both of his kids this season and we all could have been happy. They could have played here without being the stars of the team. There was a million transfers to add to this roster and we chose not to for it to be the Boeheim show.

It’s mind blowing it’s even being considered. The definition of insanity.

Coach K is really walking like a man every bit his age.
What really irks me a bout him is when they get the W he is all lovey dovey with Juli and others but when Syracuse gets the W he blows by players and then sits in the presser and says "Amazing". Just a fair weather coach!

I caught flack or saying Buddy would only be all conference and he wasn’t good enough to be an AA.

This is playing out like it should. Just are who we are.
yep.

Joe’s not a point guard, check.

there’s a reason Cole and Symir didn’t play at their prior schools, check.

we will be awful on defense, check.

The only surprises to me are Jesse and Benny. Going into the season I was sure Jesse and Frank would be competent enough at center, but Jesse is REALLY good. Benny just not good enough, I do wonder where his head would be at if he started the year starting every game and playing 20 mins a game

It was a conscious decision to bring in his other son and another one to play him more minutes than he was getting at an Ivy.

During the most wide open tranfer season I can remember.

You’re right. It wasn’t hard to predict and there were people contemporaneously saying that this wasn’t a super great idea.
Folks were surprised Jimmy was starting, then alarmed he was getting all those mpg. Now, I think we're all numb. There's no clear logic to this philosophy and I don't care how raw Benny Williams is/was/has been. Jimmy does not deserve 35+ mins per game. Guys named Melo, Flynn, Pearl, DC, or Sherm, certainly did, but its clear no one on this squad does. This is sick.

What were the reasons?

Buddy being a lights out all American would be the only one I could think was realistic based on prior results.

I'll never stop being baffled by anyone that thought this was a possibility. He had a hot streak to end last year, and a couple other hot streaks that were not that notable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom