Postgame Thoughts… FSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… FSU

FofXUG5WcAIjpCE
ended up outrebounding them, who knew? A lot of rebounding is effort.

I hate having to search for the press conference afterwards also it completely sucks we don’t play until next Tuesday

82.4% from the line helped compensate for otherwise miserable shooting.
We finally closed out a game by playing heads up basketball.
Very tough to watch for much of the middle portion of the game.
Joe was the second leading rebounder and pretty much carried us.

What an absolute tractor pull.
-Joe came through big-time. A couple of bad shots but otherwise was excellent. Also took good care of the ball for the most part except for that one spin.
-very similar pattern for Judah to the BC game. Sloppy start but in the second half he came through with some critical plays. Shared the ball nicely. He just makes plays other guys on the court cannot. What a talent and he is starting to harness it.
-weird night for substitutions. Benny got much more time than I would’ve expected and frankly he didn’t do much with it. But Maliq wasn’t much better. He wasn’t good against Boston College but you are have to wonder if he got hurt on the opening dunk as he was not good enough on the boards tonight.
-given how JB has dealt with Bell all year I have no idea why he stuck with him for 34 minutes tonight. He had so many wide-open looks that he missed that it really helped keep Florida State in the game. I thought he would get pulled for giving the ball to Mounir with two seconds on the shot clock. Meanwhile Taylor was coming off of a good game where he shot the ball well and he barely got off the bench. Mystifying.
-Jesse was absolute abysmal in the first half. But he came out in the second half with a different attitude and was especially good on the defensive end and on the boards.
-Anish on ESPN sounds just like Steve Levy and it is annoying.
-thank God we beat that garbage team. This would’ve been an absolute disaster to sit on for the better part of a week before we play NC State.

I hate having to search for the press conference afterwards also it completely sucks we don’t play until next Tuesday
Maybe a prepared statement and then he talks about the game? Seems like the best move from a PR standpoint, but...

The backcourt is really good. They can win us games by themselves

Jesse really has to get stronger finishing. His shooting percentage at the rim is really poor for a guy his size

As long as the forwards hit some 3s, rebound and play defense well be in most games

Bell’s 3 attempt after O rebound and fresh 30 with Jesse almost getting killed on rebound attempt was at best worrisome

If not for Joe going off today, Cuse loses this game. Not sure how Bell misses that many wide open shots..
it is good when we can miss that many shots and still get the W

What happened to Florida State basketball. They stink.
Great question. Were they expected to do so poorly? I might need to hit the Google machine on that one.

I know I'm joining the chorus (although I was early), but man - Maliq. Holy moly.
It doesn't show up in the box score - it's HOW and WHERE he gets rebounds, and saves things, and creates issues for other teams to score.
I can't recall a player like him - not like we haven't had one, but rather I haven't seen it in HD...
Did you watch the game tonight?

Bell getting 14 shots is insane but in-line with why we’ve been bad for seven years.

we just beat an awful team.

Happy for Joe and Judah.

Brown is so much better than
If not for Joe going off today, Cuse loses this game. Not sure how Bell misses that many wide open shots..
Freshman do that. Look at Judah closing games earlier in the season and how he has developed. And he is just a freshman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom